1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Nov '14 11:02
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    You've misread the thread's intent and my grace orientation comfort zone with antagonism which I leave in God's hands. The inclining level of emotional immaturity evident in these public forums in recent years is sadly par for the course. Quite a high percentage of my threads and posts in this forum contain applications of the Word of God which cuts lik ...[text shortened]... ed God doesn't exist and that His Word is a fiction transfer their displeasure on the messenger.
    It would seem you are trying to distance yourself from taking responsibility for some of the grotesque aspects of the ideology you peddle. There are posters promoting racist ideology and sexist ideology on other forums and sometimes on this one. They have to take personal responsibility for the ugly ideologies they espouse. I think posters who espouse the ideology of "eternal torture in burning agony" for non-believers have to take personal responsibility for their ugly beliefs too.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Nov '14 11:131 edit
    Some who've decided God doesn't exist and that His Word is a fiction transfer their displeasure on the messenger.
    In recent weeks I have been described as representing "pure evil", as doing the work of "Satan", as being a prophesized sign of 'the Last Days', as being comparable to the Nazis, and also of being a prime example of how low the human race has "fallen". It's interesting that such attempted rebukes by your fellow Christians have never apparently moved you to comment on this heaping of scornful "displeasure on the messenger". So when it comes to the censuring the expression of "displeasure", you're just a common or garden partisan then. Personally, I welcome their exercise of free speech in this public arena. And although you yourself have been called out for trolling this community on several occasions, I support your right to freedom of speech too.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Nov '14 12:08
    Quite a high percentage of my threads and posts in this forum contain applications of the Word of God which cuts like a two edged sword. Some who've decided God doesn't exist and that His Word is a fiction transfer their displeasure on the messenger.
    The problem you have is quite simple; you are not "God's messenger".

You're welcome.
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    03 Nov '14 16:17
    Originally posted by divegeester
    The problem you have is quite simple; you are not "God's messenger".

You're welcome.
    The responsibility for and privilege of declaring the Gospel [good news] of Christ to unbelievers throughout a lost and dying world has been given to every believer as ambassadors for Christ (2 Corinthians 5:20a). If not us, whom? If not now, when?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Nov '14 01:30
    The responsibility for and privilege of declaring the Gospel [good news] of Christ to unbelievers throughout a lost and dying world has been given to every believer as ambassadors for Christ (2 Corinthians 5:20a). If not us, whom? If not now, when?
    And what? Do you think this self-declared, self-anointed "ambassador for Christ" status of yours gives you and only you licence to heap your vocabulary of "displeasure" on people who tackle you in this public forum for the incoherence or misanthropy of some of the notions you propagate?

You once declared yourself to be "immune from human criticism". Clearly this inordinately self-righteous stance must be met head on through forthright discourse. If not by us, by whom? If not now, when? 😉
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Nov '14 01:53
    is this thread the "gospel" then?
  7. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    04 Nov '14 04:201 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    In recent weeks I have been described as representing "pure evil", as doing the work of "Satan", as being a prophesized sign of 'the Last Days', as being comparable to the Nazis, and also of being a prime example of how low the human race has "fallen". It's interesting that such attempted rebukes by your fellow Christians have never apparently moved you to comme ...[text shortened]... for trolling this community on several occasions, I support your right to freedom of speech too.
    You're forgetting "misogynist" and "narcissist"... you've been called that too.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Nov '14 04:31
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    You're forgetting "misogynist" and "narcissist"... you've been called that too.
    Yes, the "misogynist" barbs were kind of interesting. It's always a bit of a disappointment to see women who see themselves as being politically 'right on' bandy the word around willy nilly in an effort to score cheap points in cyberspace. The word "narcissist", as an epithet, of course, holds almost no potency whatsoever ~ at least not in an arena where everyone is posting voluntarily and expressing themselves. Mind you, the same can be said of "pure evil" and "Satan's" worker and "Nazi" and all the rest ~ along with Grampy Bobby's emotional word salads on this thread.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Nov '14 07:401 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Yes, the "misogynist" barbs were kind of interesting. It's always a bit of a disappointment to see women who see themselves as being politically 'right on' bandy the word around willy nilly in an effort to score cheap points in cyberspace. The word "narcissist", as an epithet, of course, holds almost no potency whatsoever ~ at least not in an arena where everyon ...[text shortened]... er and "Nazi" and all the rest ~ along with Grampy Bobby's emotional word salads on this thread.
    For no other reason than that of disagreeing with "Christian" posters here, I've been called:

Antichrist
    Pure evil
    Undermining the faith of other Christians
    A fake Christian
    A pretender
    A servant of Satan
    Misogynist

Not to mention the encyclopedia of ad hominem and general childish insults from the likes of robbie carrobie and Galveston75
  10. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    04 Nov '14 15:23
    For no other reason than that of disagreeing with "Christian" posters here, I've been called:

Antichrist
    Pure evil
    A fake Christian
    A pretender
    A servant of Satan
    Misogynist

Not to mention the encyclopedia of ad hominem and general childish insults from the likes of robbie carrobie and Galveston75
    Look at the bright side. At least no one called you a Yank.
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    04 Nov '14 19:13

Could have been but got stalled out by the resistance of some who dismiss the claims of Christ as irrelevant to their lives.

"God's Donkey - The Remarkable Story of Peter Newman

(Be Touched and Inspired By the Story Of An Angry Young Man Who Was Lost And Alone Walking In The Wilderness Who Was Touched By God And Transformed Into A Lifelong Disciple And A Mighty Man Of God)

God’s Donkey is the true story of a young boy who was abandoned by his mother at 18 months old, who experienced the joy of living with his loving Grandmother, and then, on returning to the family home was tormented and rejected by his Step Mother. Feeling trapped and frustrated, and often persecuted, Peter decided to run away from home, at an age when most young boys are playing football with their friends, and tackle life’s challenges on his own. His first attempt was short-lived, but soon after being returned to the family home, Peter ran away for good.

As a young man, Peter’s life was one of high adventure and drama often cloaked in risk and danger. After a number of years, he found that he was angry with life and associating with the wrong kind of people, involved in dubious activities and petty crime; he had become a penniless, heavy drinker, living in virtual squalor. And yet, God’s salvation was near at hand.

Peter eventually found warmth and shelter at a Salvation Army hostel in Manchester. For the first time in years, Peter’s life began to improve until one day a Salvation Army Officer “forced” him to pray before he went off to his local pub for a night on the ale. Soon after, his life changed forever when he first encountered God. Still dubious, Peter challenged God to help him with his drink problem to prove He existed. Within a matter of days, Peter’s love of beer was at an end; God had more than answered the challenge and Peter’s life would never be the same.

God’s Donkey tells the story of how Peter was transformed by God’s love from being a drunken, angry down-and-out young man into an Evangelist who had learnt to trust in God and obey God’s commands. In his walk with God, Peter has experienced God’s supernatural provision enabling him to do God’s work in many countries, including the United States and Africa, bringing the message of the Gospel and God’s love to thousands of people.

God’s Donkey is a true inspiration for everyone. Wherever you find yourself and whatever the circumstances of your life, Peter’s story can touch your life and bring you closer to God. Peter’s life is a wonderful testimony that God will meet you wherever you’re at, and if you will allow Him to, He will touch your heart and transform your life for the better.

It is our wish that as many people as possible have the opportunity to learn of Peter’s story, but more importantly are inspired by the truth, that there is a living God and He can and will transform lives and that He will never leave or forsake you." http://www.godsdonkey.com/ Thread 157748

divegeester, God has a unique a plan and purpose for your life and mine as ambassadors of Christ responsible for seizing opportunities to present the Gospel just as he did for Peter Newman. Wish he were here today to contribute to this forum.
  12. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    05 Nov '14 00:021 edit

Antichrist
    Pure evil
    A fake Christian
    A pretender
    A servant of Satan
    Misogynist

You forgot "wolf in sheeps clothing"... you've been called that too.

http://www.reverendfun.com/add_toon_info.php?date=20071130&language=en
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    05 Nov '14 00:03

[b]"God's Donkey - The Remarkable Story of Peter Newman

([/b]
    Frankly I'm disappointed - I was expecting a talking donkey that did magic tricks.
  14. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    05 Nov '14 01:30
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Frankly I'm disappointed - I was expecting a talking donkey that did magic tricks.
    He only does that when he drinks.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Nov '14 01:42
    Could have been but got stalled out by the resistance of some who dismiss the claims of Christ as irrelevant to their lives.
    The issue is the veracity of the claims you personally make about your religion. And these claims are undermined by the lamentable communication skills of your chosen online persona/modus operandi. This is a debate/discussion forum after all. If you are an inept "ambassador", it's simply going to come out in an arena like this.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree