1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Sep '18 06:28
    Originally posted by @secondson
    Are you aware of how dumb it is to try and win an argument about the existence of God by not using the Bible?

And are you aware of how dumb it is to accuse me of using the Bible to prove a point about the existence of God, especially since it was to you I referenced the Bible at all in this thread?

Nothing dumber than a so-called Christian that argues and debates as though he doesn't know which side of the argument he stands.
    No Christian can “win arguments” about the existence of god either with or without a bible.

If you weren’t using the bible to prove god exists, then what were you doing?

I know exactly which side of this “argument” I stand and I’ve already explained it. You said I was over complicating it but failed to say how.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Sep '18 06:34
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    No Christian can “win arguments” about the existence of god either with or without a bible.

If you weren’t using the bible to prove god exists, then what were you doing?

I know exactly which side of this “argument” I stand and I’ve already explained it. You said I was over complicating it but failed to say how.
    I struggle to tie my shoelaces but I know where my feet are.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    09 Sep '18 09:24
    Originally posted by @badradger
    I struggle to tie my shoelaces but I know where my feet are.
    the small things....
  4. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    09 Sep '18 12:03
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Don't billions of theists argue for the existence of God by looking at things like intelligent design and irreducible complexity?
    Yet atheists still claim to know there is no God. Based on what knowledge?
  5. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    09 Sep '18 12:47
    That's obtuse considering that no "Christian" ever came to a saving knowledge of God's grace without the Bible.

You sound like a defeatist Christian.

Why don't you try focusing on the question posed in the OP? I'll rephrase the question using your statement above as a pattern to make it easier for you to understand.

What argument can an atheist make proving the non-existence of a creator God "either with or without" knowledge?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Sep '18 12:53
    Yet atheists still claim to know there is no God. Based on what knowledge?
    Well, maybe an atheist who believes there is no god or gods will come along at some point and answer your question. As I said earlier, Ghost of a Duke is the only such atheist among the regular posters that I can think of.
  7. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    09 Sep '18 16:38
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Well, maybe an atheist who believes there is no god or gods will come along at some point and answer your question. As I said earlier, Ghost of a Duke is the only such atheist among the regular posters that I can think of.
    Yep he's the only one with the balls to admit it.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Sep '18 03:51
    That's obtuse considering that no "Christian" ever came to a saving knowledge of God's grace without the Bible.

This statement is complete made up, pulled out of your bottom nonsense.
    Try reading Acts of the Apostles and get back to me.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Sep '18 03:53
    You sound like a defeatist Christian.
    There's the barb...

No I don't, what I sound like is a Christian who thinks you are full of it.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Sep '18 03:592 edits
    What argument can an atheist make proving the non-existence of a creator God "either with or without" knowledge?
    I've already answered this; there is no argument that can prove the non-existence of God any more than there is an argument that can prove the non-existence of tooth fairies. The onus is on Christians and ultimately God to "prove" his existence.

Just because Christians believe that God exists doesn't make me statement less true or me less of a Christian. In my profile there a scripture from Ecclesiastes which I think explains this dynamic; God has put eternity in the hearts of men and women but they cannot perceive it without faith. The problem come with the need of the mind to rationalise everything, to "prove" everything.

Incidentally it's the same in business these days I feel; everyone wants absolute proof and it stifles vision and creativity.
  11. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    10 Sep '18 07:13
    There's the barb...

No I don't, what I sound like is a Christian who thinks you are full of it.
    Full of what?
  12. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    11 Sep '18 02:16
    ...to know there is no God?

No modifying the question. Please.
    Do you know the answer and are going to mark the answers?
    or
    Do you not know the answer?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Sep '18 03:12
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    Full of what?
    Same thing you are full of.
  14. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11 Sep '18 03:17
    Same thing you are full of.
    Which is?
  15. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    11 Sep '18 03:26

Aw. Those poor followers of Jesus prior to the 3rd Century. No bible.
    And even when there was a bible most people could not read it.
    And even now there are multiple versions of the bible.

So what does your statement really mean?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree