1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Sep '18 02:58
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Is "the entire universe [...] evidence" proving any and all religions with a creator god to be true? Or is "the entire universe [...] evidence" that only your religion is true?
    Well, I believe unlike all of the other religions of the world, what God did with putting
    together the Jewish nation and the Bible, sets the God of the Bible apart from everything
    and everyone else. Any religion can produce a creation story, but how many have the
    story begin then through time give a list of names that go from Adam to Jesus? What
    other religion has the beginning of several other nationalities recorded, and many of
    these people are alive now? You can look at things from medical advice to several other
    things within scripture and find sound teachings even by modern standards. The
    supernatural aside and religious practices we would do well obeying the things taught
    in scripture. If we limited our sexual practices to what is written, STD would vanish, and
    single parents homes would be greatly reduced, the list goes on and on.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Sep '18 03:03
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    Well, I believe unlike all of the other religions of the world, what God did with putting
    together the Jewish nation and the Bible, sets the God of the Bible apart from everything
    and everyone else. Any religion can produce a creation story, but how many have the
    story begin then through time give a list of names that go from Adam to Jesus? What
    other ...[text shortened]... , STD would vanish, and
    So you are saying this "the entire universe is evidence" thing is proof only of your religion being true, and not the religions of others who think it's evidence for their belief in God?
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Sep '18 03:06
    So you are saying this "the entire universe is evidence" thing is proof only of your religion being true, and not the religions of others who think it's evidence for their belief in God?
    You don't follow along well.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Sep '18 03:06
    [b]Any religion can produce a creation story, but how many have the
    story begin then through time give a list of names that go from Adam to Jesus?/b]
    Why would other religions need to have such a list?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Sep '18 03:081 edit
    You don't follow along well.
    I follow along fine. Are the claims of other religions - that there is a creator God - false? If you believe that God reveals Himself through creation, why has He revealed Himself to people with religions other than your own?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Sep '18 03:121 edit
    other ...[text shortened]... , STD would vanish, and
    "What God did with putting together the Jewish nation and the Bible, sets the God of the Bible apart from everything and everyone else."

You place a lot of store on the ancient Hebrews creating a mythology and a religion thousands of years ago and placing themselves at the centre of it.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Sep '18 03:16
    Exactly why do you think the evidence is non-existent? The entire universe is evidence in my opinion.
    I am not talking about "STDs" etc. and I am not interested in your Grampy Bobby-like circular logic where you mention things exclusive to Christianity and then cite them as evidence that Christianity is "true". This is the question: Is every religion ~ and not just yours ~ fully entitled to cite "the universe" as evidence?
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Sep '18 07:00
    Why would other religions need to have such a list?
    Its the list and the history around them, it sets Biblical scripture apart from the rest.
    If you don't care, you don't care!
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Sep '18 07:02
    I follow along fine. Are the claims of other religions - that there is a creator God - false? If you believe that God reveals Himself through creation, why has He revealed Himself to people with religions other than your own?
    If the Biblical account is true than that would mean all other accounts are not if they don't
    line up with it.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Sep '18 07:02
    [b]"What God did with putting together the Jewish nation and the Bible, sets the God of the Bible apart from everything and everyone else."

You place a lot of store on the ancient Hebrews creating a mythology and a religion thousands of years ago and placing themselves at the centre of it.[/b]
    Yep
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Sep '18 07:03
    I am not talking about "STDs" etc. and I am not interested in your Grampy Bobby-like circular logic where you mention things exclusive to Christianity and then cite them as evidence that Christianity is "true". This is the question: Is every religion ~ and not just yours ~ fully entitled to cite "the universe" as evidence?
    Okay, whatever.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Sep '18 07:05
    Its the list and the history around them, it sets Biblical scripture apart from the rest.
    You mean, in order for a religion to be "true", it must have "the list" in its book ~ by which I mean "the list" that's present in your religion's book ~ the presence of which makes your religion "true"?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Sep '18 07:06
    Okay, whatever.
    This isn't an answer. The question was: Is every religion ~ and not just yours ~ fully entitled to cite "the universe" as evidence supporting its belief in a creator?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Sep '18 07:08
    Yep
    So you do place a lot of store on the ancient Hebrews creating a mythology and a religion thousands of years ago and placing themselves at the centre of it. OK. Does the fact that ancient Hebrews created a religion and placed themselves at the centre of it make it true?
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Sep '18 07:13
    You mean, in order for a religion to be "true", it must have "the list" in its book ~ by which I mean "the list" that's present in your religion's book ~ the presence of which makes your religion "true"?
    I told you what I thought set it apart, you don't agree, I don't care! If you have something
    someone else has that is better bring to the discussion, beyond that you are not saying
    anything here outside of you don't believe.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree