1. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    12 Oct '18 17:39
    ...that affirms human dignity?

I hear a lot about "what is wrong with the beliefs of others" ... but Spirituality is about finding meaning and purpose in life.

So, does anyone have any stories?
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Oct '18 17:47
    @bigdoggproblem said

I hear a lot about "what is wrong with the beliefs of others" ... but Spirituality is about finding meaning and purpose in life.

I've shared one or two before...

Lately I've been painting the new guitar I'm making and the process, which includes learning about most aspects of guitar making, has been very fulfilling
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Oct '18 17:55
    @bigdoggproblem said

Started working with a new self-organizing group of disabled people (as of Auguat) in Semarang. I don't see them as bitter angry hateful people like some Christians do. Not at all. They can teach me so much about zest and tenacity. About humility. And prevailing in the face of challenges. If my riff was that I felt "very sorry for them", these bright and indefatigable people would probably just tell me to grow up. They keep me grounded. The other groups I work with do too.
  4. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    12 Oct '18 18:04
    @fmf said
    Started working with a new self-organizing group of disabled people (as of Auguat) in Semarang. I don't see them as bitter angry hateful people like some Christians do. Not at all. They can teach me so much about zest and tenacity. About humility. And prevailing in the face of challenges. If my riff was that I felt "very sorry for them", these bright and indefatigable people would probably just tell me to grow up. They keep me grounded. The other groups I work with do too.
    That's cool. People tend to underestimate their ability to cope with difficult life circumstances. Those kinds of people show that our fears about life's difficulties are often exaggerated.
  5. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    12 Oct '18 18:05
    @karoly-aczel said
    I've shared one or two before...

Lately I've been painting the new guitar I'm making and the process, which includes learning about most aspects of guitar making, has been very fulfilling
    Do you show your paintings to anyone?
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Oct '18 19:15
    @bigdoggproblem said
    Do you show your paintings to anyone?
    Well its just this 'bubble' design I came up with.
    If I can get this shellac on without too much fuss I'll be putting some pics on the net.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Oct '18 05:38
    @bigdoggproblem said

How about you kick us off with one of your own?
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Oct '18 06:39
    @BigDoggProblem
    I just started rehab 2 hour session once a week, there are about a dozen others there plus the nurses and physios, the group are all ages, sexes and at different stages of rehab, we are all in there from being naughty , over indulging, drink, smoking, drugs, over eating, myself guilty of all 4, what amazed me was how helpful and non judgemental the staff and other inmates were, I was not looking forward to my first session but am now looking forward to the next 7.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Oct '18 07:291 edit
    @bigdoggproblem said

No.

No, I don't, because every time I share anything about my life, certain barracudas in here pounce on it and set about trying to make me look like the "bad guy".

So no, I'm not sharing anything.

And if you don't like that, talk to them about it.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Oct '18 07:43
    @suzianne said
    So no, I'm not sharing anything.
    If you tell a believable story, you won't hear a peep from me.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Oct '18 10:28
    @fmf said
    If you tell a believable story, you won't hear a peep from me.
    I think all things considered its a wise choice to make the effort to explain why you choose not to divulge juicy moments from your past.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Oct '18 10:41
    @badradger said
    I think all things considered its a wise choice to make the effort to explain why you choose not to divulge juicy moments from your past.
    divegeester once divulged that his birth mother had taken her own life when he was very young but that he had had a happy childhood with his loving father and step-mother. Then you had Romans1009 and dj2becker trolling divegeester about his birth mother's suicide. On another occasion, divegeester mentioned his wife, and you had whodey and dj2becker engaging in some grotty sniggering together after it was suggested that the only kind of sex divegeester would ever "get" would be raping his wife. I mentioned I had a wife and kids, and then Romans1009 posted some really ugly sexual slurs about my wife which were deleted by the admins. I once mentioned that I broke my collar bone in a motorcycle accident, and then you had dj2becker suggesting that being "handicapped" had made me hateful. All these things arose from disagreements in message board chats. It's the nature of the internet.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Oct '18 10:47
    @BigDoggProblem

What have you done lately that affirms human dignity?

That last post of mine probably doesn't qualify!
  14. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    13 Oct '18 16:20
    @BigDoggProblem

I don't hold grudges. I've always been amiable towards most, but there are those few that cross the line, and even then I tend to forget about it and move on. I'm at peace with myself.
  15. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    13 Oct '18 16:24
    @fmf said
    @BigDoggProblem

What have you done lately that affirms human dignity?

That last post of mine probably doesn't qualify!
    Maybe, but sometimes it's hard to forget the stupid and needless things people say.

The tongue is a powerful weapon for both good and evil.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree