What is your favorite Bible verse?

What is your favorite Bible verse?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
24 Nov 05

No peanut gallary please just post a verse.

Acts 4:12 (King James Version)
12 "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we MUST be saved."

Acts 4:12 (New International Version)
12 "Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we MUST be saved."

L

Moves
24 Nov 05

Originally posted by RBHILL

12 "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we MUST be saved."

12 "Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we MUST be saved."
Exodus 22:19

"Whosoever lieth with a beast shall surely be put to death."

L

Moves
24 Nov 05
1 edit

Exodus 21:15

"And he that smiteth his father, or his mother, shall be surely put to death."

EDIT: Oops: am I allowed to have 2 favorite verses??

R

California

Moves
24 Nov 05

Originally posted by LemonJello
Exodus 21:15

"And he that smiteth his father, or his mother, shall be surely put to death."

EDIT: Oops: am I allowed to have 2 favorite verses??
Yes.

L

Moves
24 Nov 05

Yes.
Good...I didn't want to spam your thread. How about a third favorite? I guess I just have The Love inside of me and I cannot stop posting verses that I find truly moving and inspirational:

Leviticus 20:10

"And the man that committeth adultery with [another] man's wife, [even he] that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death."

Hristos voskrese

feckin' 'ell

Moves
24 Nov 05

John 6:47 "I tell you the truth, he who believes has everlasting life."

R

California

Moves
24 Nov 05

Good...I didn't want to spam your thread. How about a third favorite? I guess I just have The Love inside of me and I cannot stop posting verses that I find truly moving and inspirational:

Leviticus 20:10

"And the man that committeth adultery with [another] man's wife, [even he] that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death."
man you must love your hand or something?

L

Moves
24 Nov 05

man you must love your hand or something?
To be sure, there are some good verses in the Bible:

Matthew 7:12

"Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them..."

RBHill: are you sticking around for good now? I dearly love reading your posts. Your thoughts last week on liquor and how it corrupts the mind left a lasting impression on me.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Nov 05

Genesis 15:1

1 After this, the word of the LORD came to Abram in a vision:

"Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your shield, your very great reward.

R

California

Moves
24 Nov 05

To be sure, there are some good verses in the Bible:

Matthew 7:12

"Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them..."

RBHill: are you sticking around for good now? I dearly love reading your posts. Your thoughts last week on liquor and how it corrupts the mind left a lasting impression on me.
There are a lot of Bible verses about liguour and how it corrupts the mind. I believe they are in the book of Proverbs.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
24 Nov 05
1 edit

Genesis 6:4.
There were giants [nephilim] in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

I like that one because it makes me wonder(http://www.christiananswers.net/q-aig/aig-c036.html).

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
24 Nov 05

There are numerous Proverbs that I like. In contrast to many other parts of the Bible which preach obedience and faith, Proverbs tends to praise wisdom and encourage understanding. Here is one good one:

4:7 Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.

Here is one I often fail to heed, which inevitably causes me undue stress.

23:9 Speak not in the ears of a fool: for he will despise the wisdom of thy words.

TCE

Colorado

Moves
24 Nov 05

These are some of my favorit verses. If I had to choose one it would probably be Psalms 106:1

Psalm 106:1 PRAISE YE the Lord. O give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good: for his mercy endureth forever.

II Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and a sound mind.

Lam 3:22 It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.

Jer 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord; thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

w
your king.

H.Q.

Moves
24 Nov 05

1)John 3:16.
-2)Jesus wept
-3)1 Corin 13

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
24 Nov 05

Gen.1

[1] In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
[2] And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.