1. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    24 Nov '05 10:02
    John.1

[1] In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
    [2] The same was in the beginning with God.
    [3] All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
    [4] In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
    [5] And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
  2. London
    Moves
    24 Nov '05 10:33
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    Good...I didn't want to spam your thread. How about a third favorite? I guess I just have The Love inside of me and I cannot stop posting verses that I find truly moving and inspirational:

Leviticus 20:10

"And the man that committeth adultery with [another] man's wife, [even he] that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death."
    One verse for you LJ:

John 8:7

..."He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her".
  3. London
    Moves
    24 Nov '05 10:34
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    No peanut gallary please just post a verse.

Acts 4:12 (King James Version)
    12 "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we MUST be saved."

Acts 4:12 (New International Version)
    12 "Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we MUST be saved."
    John 15:13

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
  4. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    24 Nov '05 10:37
    To be sure, there are some good verses in the Bible:

Matthew 7:12

"Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them..."

RBHill: are you sticking around for good now? I dearly love reading your posts. Your thoughts last week on liquor and how it corrupts the mind left a lasting impression on me.
    So, you want to be treated by others like you treat RBHILL .... right ?
  5. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    24 Nov '05 11:19
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    One verse for you LJ:

John 8:7

..."He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her".
    My point exactly: we shouldn't be stoning her. We should be stoning the ox that gores due to obvious negligence of the (soon-to-be-executed) owner:

Exodus 21:29

"But if the ox were wont to push with his horn in time past, and it hath been testified to his owner, and he hath not kept him in, but that he hath killed a man or a woman; the ox shall be stoned, and his owner also shall be put to death."

Hammer: I can't help it if my love for the blood-lusting OT God bubbleth over.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "My-my-my-my music hits me so hard! Makes me say, 'Oh my Lord:
    Thank you for blessing me with a mind to rhyme and two hyped feet.'"

--Hammer (the MC variety)
  6. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    24 Nov '05 11:24
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    So, you want to be treated by others like you treat RBHILL .... right ?
    Hi Hoe, Hi Hoe:

Yes. I do hope that RBHill will follow suit and tell me that he dearly loves reading my posts too. But, alas, I do not wish for him to perjure himself.
  7. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    24 Nov '05 11:38
    Hi Hoe, Hi Hoe:

Yes. I do hope that RBHill will follow suit and tell me that he dearly loves reading my posts too. But, alas, I do not wish for him to perjure himself.
    That's not what I meant, Smart Alec .......
  8. London
    Moves
    24 Nov '05 12:222 edits
    My point exactly: we shouldn't be stoning her. We should be stoning the ox that gores due to obvious negligence of the (soon-to-be-executed) owner:

Exodus 21:29

"But if the ox were wont to push with his horn in time past, and it hath been testified to his owner, and he hath not kept him in, but that he hath killed a man or a woman; the ox ...[text shortened]... nk you for blessing me with a mind to rhyme and two hyped feet.'"

--Hammer (the MC variety)
    Hammer: I can't help it if my love for the blood-lusting OT God bubbleth over.

You can't help it?

Seriously - is it too much to get into a spirit of charity and post some verse you actually like from the Bible (if there is one)? RBHill may be an a$$ in most of his threads, but he wasn't trying to push an agenda here.

EDIT: Maybe he was - but there are some nice verses being posted here; verses even an avowed atheist would not fault for their moral teaching. Why do you want to derail what could be a decent thread (for a change) on this forum?

EDIT2: Just because we disagree about something like God does not mean one must always be opposing the other when the latter writes or says something.
  9. Standard memberwindmill
    your king.
    Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Nov '05 14:53
    Hi Hoe, Hi Hoe:

What did you think of the scriptures i chose?
  10. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    24 Nov '05 14:591 edit
    Originally posted by windmill
    What did you think of the scriptures i chose?
    http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0839/__PXB.HTM

John 3:16

16 For God so loved the world that he gave 7 his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him might not perish but might have eternal life.

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0839/__PZI.HTM

2 Corinthians Chapter 13

1 If I speak in human and angelic tongues 2 but do not have love, I am a resounding gong or a clashing cymbal.

2 And if I have the gift of prophecy and comprehend all mysteries and all knowledge; if I have all faith so as to move mountains but do not have love, I am nothing.

3 If I give away everything I own, and if I hand my body over so that I may boast but do not have love, I gain nothing.

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It is not jealous, (love) is not pompous, it is not inflated,

5 it is not rude, it does not seek its own interests, it is not quick-tempered, it does not brood over injury,

6 it does not rejoice over wrongdoing but rejoices with the truth.

7 It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

8 Love never fails. If there are prophecies, they will be brought to nothing; if tongues, they will cease; if knowledge, it will be brought to nothing.

9 For we know partially and we prophesy partially,

10 but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away.

11 When I was a child, I used to talk as a child, think as a child, reason as a child; when I became a man, I put aside childish things.

12 At present we see indistinctly, as in a mirror, but then face to face. At present I know partially; then I shall know fully, as I am fully known.

13 So faith, hope, love remain, these three; but the greatest of these is love.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Nov '05 15:16
    Jer 9:23-24
    23 Thus says the LORD: "Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, let not the mighty man glory in his might, nor let the rich man glory in his riches;
    24 But let him who glories glory in this, that he understands and knows Me, that I am the LORD, exercising lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness in the earth. For in these I delight," says the LORD.
    (NKJ)
  12. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    24 Nov '05 15:56
    "And Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and it came to pass, when he went in unto his brother's wife, that he spilled it on the ground, lest that he should give seed to his brother." Genesis 38:9

(God killed him after coitus interruptus, one of the oldest forms of birth control.)

Just started reading from the front, and this one hit me like a logging truck.
  13. London
    Moves
    24 Nov '05 16:111 edit
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    "And Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and it came to pass, when he went in unto his brother's wife, that he spilled it on the ground, lest that he should give seed to his brother." Genesis 38:9

(God killed him after coitus interruptus, one of the oldest forms of birth control.)

Just started reading from the front, and this one hit me like a logging truck.
    You go through 38 chapters of Genesis and this is the first one that strikes you!?

Some favourite Genesis verses of mine:

Gen 1

27: So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.

Gen 2

23: Then the man said, "This at last is bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man."
    24: Therefore a man leaves his father and his mother and cleaves to his wife, and they become one flesh.

Gen 3

(my personal favourite)15: I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your seed and her seed; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heel."

Gen 12

1: Now the LORD said to Abram, "Go from your country and your kindred and your father's house to the land that I will show you.
    2: And I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you, and make your name great, so that you will be a blessing.
    3: I will bless those who bless you, and him who curses you I will curse; and by you all the families of the earth shall bless themselves."

Gen 22

8: Abraham said, "God will provide himself the lamb for a burnt offering, my son." So they went both of them together.

16: and said, "By myself I have sworn, says the LORD, because you have done this, and have not withheld your son, your only son,
    17: I will indeed bless you, and I will multiply your descendants as the stars of heaven and as the sand which is on the seashore. And your descendants shall possess the gate of their enemies,
    18: and by your descendants shall all the nations of the earth bless themselves, because you have obeyed my voice."
  14. Forgotten
    Moves
    24 Nov '05 16:371 edit
    Exodus 22:19

"Whosoever lieth with a beast shall surely be put to death."
    so then ugly girls are out???

my favorite verse is job 20:16 king james
  15. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    24 Nov '05 16:461 edit
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    You go through 38 chapters of Genesis and this is the first one that strikes you!?
    When I was hit by this verse, it was as if I'd been struck by a truck loaded with old growth. I didn't say none hit me prior, but few hit me anywhere near as hard.

This verse, and the the consequent death of Onan, provokes the imagination as profoundly as the case of Thomas Granger in the Plymouth Colony in early America.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree