What non-believers struggle with -

What non-believers struggle with -

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
11 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
And because your pseudo-intellectualism was exposed yet again, you’re pool whizzing.Feel free to whizz without me.
Thanks for your banter. But a more joined-up and less brittle contribution from you would be more interesting.

F

Moves
11 Feb 22

@mchill said
Methinks there is no answer that will meet with your approval.
You must have met many self-identifying Christians who seemed to you not be Christians at all. How do you tell the difference?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 Feb 22

@fmf said
The "root cause" of my participation in this community is my interest in the topics and themes that get discussed here. Don't run away from this discussion about the claims you make about yourself. Why is the supposed influence of "God's Holy Spirit" on you weaker than the influence of online disinhibition?
You know very well (and so do I) what the root cause of your behavior in here is.

F

Moves
11 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
You know very well (and so do I) what the root cause of your behavior in here is.
There's nothing amiss with my "behaviour". My interest in the topics and themes that get discussed here is the reason I participate.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 Feb 22

@fmf said
Thanks for your banter. But a more joined-up and less brittle contribution from you would be more interesting.
I think I nailed your flawed reasoning quite well.

You’re trying to evaluate whether someone is a Christian based only on their present-day self and not knowing anything about what they were like before they became a Christian (where they started in their walk with Christ) and what obstacles and challenges they’ve had to overcome along the way.

Once your flawed reasoning (and pseudo-intellectualism) was exposed, you started getting personal out of frustration and anger and destroyed yet another thread by your pool whizzing.

It’s shameful behavior but entirely consistent with how you act in here.

F

Moves
11 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
I think I nailed your flawed reasoning quite well.

You’re trying to evaluate whether someone is a Christian based only on their present-day self and not knowing anything about what they were like before they became a Christian (where they started in their walk with Christ) and what obstacles and challenges they’ve had to overcome along the way.

Once your flawed reasoning ...[text shortened]... d by your pool whizzing.

It’s shameful behavior but entirely consistent with how you act in here.
What is interesting is the claim you make about yourself. What is interesting is how the supposed influence of "God's Holy Spirit" has on you is clearly weaker than the influence online disinhibition has on you

F

Moves
11 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
Once your flawed reasoning (and pseudo-intellectualism) was exposed, you started getting personal out of frustration and anger and destroyed yet another thread by your pool whizzing.
Thanks for the banter but I'd rather you didn't run away. My reasoning is not "flawed".

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
11 Feb 22

@mchill said
Christians Are Not Perfect, Just Forgiven! 🙂
Your use of this cliche only shows that you could not actually care less about reaching the audience you purport to speak to.

Non-believers do not believe that you are forgiven automatically, because they do not think the forgiving being exists. Duh.

F

Moves
11 Feb 22

@bigdogg said
Your use of this cliche only shows that you could not actually care less about reaching the audience you purport to speak to.Non-believers do not believe that you are forgiven automatically, because they do not think the forgiving being exists. Duh.
I wonder how Christians might best pitch themselves to atheists if they so choose to do.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 Feb 22

@fmf said
Thanks for the banter but I'd rather you didn't run away. My reasoning is not "flawed".
Your reasoning is indeed flawed and here’s yet another example.

Suppose a homeless prostitute addicted to drugs becomes a Christian one night and through the power of God’s Holy Spirit indwelling her manages to quit drugs and stop selling her body and goes back to school, earns a degree, and gets a professional position in a marketing firm.

She eventually manages to make enough money to buy her own home, meets a good Christian man and they fall in love and start a family.

You would look at her, based on a snapshot in the present day and knowing nothing about her history and the obstacles and challenges she overcame, and say, “Lots of women, some of them atheists, own their own homes and have good jobs and a family. There’s nothing special about her.”

That’s why it really isn’t worth debating you. You’re much less bright than you think, and when you’re wrong, as you often are, you refuse to admit it and start attacking the person debating you.

And I hardly need to run away from a troll like you. I just choose not to reveal personal information in here, mostly based on how the Trolling Trio savages people with it.

But start another thread about how you “stood strong in your atheism” and I’ll be sure to engage 😉

F

Moves
11 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
Your reasoning is indeed flawed and here’s yet another example.
You are mistaken. You may disagree with me, and that's fine. But nothing I am saying is "flawed" in its reasoning.

F

Moves
11 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
That’s why it really isn’t worth debating you. You’re much less bright than you think, and when you’re wrong, as you often are, you refuse to admit it and start attacking the person debating you.And I hardly need to run away from a troll like you. I just choose not to reveal personal information in here, mostly based on how the Trolling Trio savages people with it.
Then don't "debate" me.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 Feb 22

@fmf said
Then don't "debate" me.
I won’t - until you write another asinine OP like how you “stood strong in your atheism.”

Then I’ll cut you down to size - again.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 Feb 22

@fmf said
You are mistaken. You may disagree with me, and that's fine. But nothing I am saying is "flawed" in its reasoning.
Yep, can’t admit you’re wrong. Classic behavior that characterizes the root of your problems.

F

Moves
11 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
I won’t - until you write another asinine OP like how you “stood strong in your atheism.”

Then I’ll cut you down to size - again.
Just don't "debate" me if, as you say,  you believe it really isn’t worth doing so.