What non-believers struggle with -

What non-believers struggle with -

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
12 Feb 22

@fmf said
I haven't written any "asinine OPs".
Sir, would you mind compiling all of your OPs into a document for the examination of the SF Posting-Review Committee?

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
12 Feb 22

@fmf said
I am a non-believer and I don't "struggle" with the immoral behaviour of Christians at all.
You are wrong. I can tell by the tone of your many posts here you are struggling - whether you care to admit it or not.

Über-Nerd

Moves
12 Feb 22

@fmf said
There are people who might start donating their time to directly help the needy and poor after watching a TV documentary or after walking through a slum in Jakarta.

Or because their non-Christian religious leaders urge them to or their family and neighbours do it.

But, by golly, when it happens in a "Christian" it's down to a supernatural transformation instigated by "the indwelling Holy Spirit" is it?
Good post, fmf. I made a decision to adopt two girls from a slum in Haiti after reading a statistic in a news paper. So there you are, sometimes a totally mundane number spurs someone into action. And no, I don’t think that was my ticket to heaven; it was just the decent thing to do and I had the resources and opportunity to do it.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
12 Feb 22

@mchill said
How can he (or she) claim to be a Christian and do _______!!😠 I've been hearing this from the non-believer crowd for decades.

Folks, just because someone accepts Jesus Christ as their savior, and does their best to follow God's law, does not automatically elevate them to some higher moral level. They may be more aware of God's law, and may be improving their behavior as a ...[text shortened]... them, but this needs to be stated over and over:

Christians Are Not Perfect, Just Forgiven! 🙂
I’ve been accused of manner of horrible things by supposed Christians in this forum, here’s a few examples of the abuse dished out get by the spiritual riffraff in this place if you question their crappy beliefs:

Son of Satan (robbie carrobie)
Worse than Satan (Galveston75) (my personal favourite)
Diabolical (Startreader)
Morals of a lynch mob murderer (robbie carrobie)
Heretic (sonship)
Liar (Startreader)
Mocker (KellyJay)
Fool (KellyJay)
Evil (Startreader)
Criminalising people (Suzianne)
Character assassinator (Suzianne)
Systematic torturer (Startreader)
Actual sadist (Startreader) (my second favourite)
Enemy of God (Josephw / SecondSon)
Christian basher (Josephw)
Underminer of other people's faith (Lemon Lime)
Monster (Lemon Lime)
Narcissist (Lemon Lime)
Deserving of burning in hell for eternity (RJHinds) (my third favourite, he fired it at me because I refused to believe in burning in hell.)
Blinded with pride. (Sonship)
Understanding nothing. (Galveston75)
Diseased with questionings (sonship)
Career opposer of servants of God (sonship)
Corrupted in mind (Grampy Bobby)

F

Moves
12 Feb 22

@mchill said
You are wrong. I can tell by the tone of your many posts here you are struggling - whether you care to admit it or not.
Don't be silly.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
12 Feb 22

Now watch Skippy get all twisted out of shape because his Romans1009 stuff, or even his PB1022 stuff isn’t in the list. 😆

Über-Nerd

Moves
12 Feb 22

@divegeester said
I’ve been accused of manner of horrible things by supposed Christians in this forum, here’s a few examples of the abuse dished out get by the spiritual riffraff in this place if you question their crappy beliefs:

Son of Satan (robbie carrobie)
Worse than Satan (Galveston75) (my personal favourite)
Diabolical (Startreader)
Morals of a lynch mob murderer (robbie ca ...[text shortened]... uestionings (sonship)
Career opposer of servants of God (sonship)
Corrupted in mind (Grampy Bobby)
Well, that's quite a roll call.

I believe I may have accused you of groping for fish in strange brooks.

Or was it Ghost whom I accused of that?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
12 Feb 22

@moonbus said
Well, that's quite a roll call.

I believe I may have accused you of groping for fish in strange brooks.

Or was it Ghost whom I accused of that?
I have it in an email I sent to another member a few years ago.

I have no records of you accusing me of anything I’m afraid.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
12 Feb 22
2 edits

@fmf said
You must have met many self-identifying Christians who seemed to you not be Christians at all. How do you tell the difference?
I don't worry about the difference; if they are Christians, they have God within them, and through thick and thin, they will desire to remain faithful to Him. If they are not true Christians, they could do all the religious things just like the Pharisees and Scribes did, and turn right around and crucify others, throw them in prison, plot against others, lie, cheat, and steal because they answer no one. Others may start, and the sorrows and joys of this life choke the life out of them, and they walk away. My job is to love them no matter what and share the truth, for Jesus' sake, not theirs.

If you are trying to find what makes one different than the other, the answer isn't us; it's Jesus Christ.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
12 Feb 22
2 edits

@kellyjay said
I don't worry about the difference; if they are Christians, they have God within them, and through thick and thin, they will desire to remain faithful to Him.
This claim by you is not supported in scripture, neither specifically, nor anecdotally.

We are advised in scripture that the ONLY way to tell them is by them bearing the fruit of the spirit. That’s the only definition given.

In anecdotal evidence to demonstrate your claim being incorrect I offer you Peter who denied Christ THREE times when going through “thick and thin” (as you put it) and yet Christ called his faith a rock.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
12 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
I don't worry about the difference; if they are Christians, they have God within them, and through thick and thin, they will desire to remain faithful to Him. If they are not true Christians, they could do all the religious things just like the Pharisees and Scribes did, and turn right around and crucify others, throw them in prison, plot against others, lie, cheat, and stea ...[text shortened]... are trying to find what makes one different than the other, the answer isn't us; it's Jesus Christ.
That is pure church nonsense. The bible says all who do righteousness have God within them..

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Feb 22

@divegeester said
This claim by you is not supported in scripture, neither specifically, nor anecdotally.

We are advised in scripture that the ONLY way to tell them is by them bearing the fruit of the spirit. That’s the only definition given.

In anecdotal evidence to demonstrate your claim being incorrect I offer you Peter who denied Christ THREE times when going through “thick and thin” (as you put it) and yet Christ called his faith a rock.
Peter didn’t have God’s Holy Spirit indwelling him. And Peter, at the time he denied Jesus Christ, wasn’t even a Christian (yet.)

And Romans 8:16 provides (imo) the clearest way for a Christian to know if he or she is saved.

“The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:”

(Romans 8:16)

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
12 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
Peter didn’t have God’s Holy Spirit indwelling him. And Peter, at the time he denied Jesus Christ, wasn’t even a Christian (yet.)
Have you any evidence to support this claim?

I’ve already debunked your claim that the Old Testament prophets didn’t have the spirit of Christ in them.

Über-Nerd

Moves
12 Feb 22

@divegeester said
I have it in an email I sent to another member a few years ago.

I have no records of you accusing me of anything I’m afraid.
I must have done at some point. Well then, I suppose I could accuse you of sloppy record keeping. Would that qualify me to enter your roll of shame-faced accusers?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Feb 22

@divegeester said
Have you any evidence to support this claim?

I’ve already debunked your claim that the Old Testament prophets didn’t have the spirit of Christ in them.
They didn’t have the Holy Spirit of God in them permanently.

Jesus Christ, after His Resurrection, told His disciples to wait until God’s Holy Spirit endued them with power from on high.

“And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.”

(Luke 24:49)

And here is the fulfillment:

“And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.

And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.

And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.

And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.”

(Acts 2:1-4)

That doesn’t sound like Jesus Christ’s disciples had God’s Holy Spirit within them when Peter denied knowing Jesus Christ before His crucifixion.