What other hope is there?

What other hope is there?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
01 Jan 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @dj2becker
Wow 8 thumb downs must be some sort of new record here. Amazing how people are pissed off by the fact that that their world view doesn't seem to offer them any kind of hope.
Well, you have essentially ignored or pointedly not engaged, in a genuine way, any of the non-Christian posters who addressed your OP and now you are declaring that their worldviews "don't seem to offer them any kind of hope"?

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
01 Jan 18

Wow 8 thumb downs must be some sort of new record here. Amazing how people are pissed off by the fact that that their world view doesn't seem to offer them any kind of hope.
They thumbed it down because it was an epistemological FAIL.

F

Moves
01 Jan 18

Originally posted by @bigdoggproblem
They thumbed it down because it was an epistemological FAIL.
I thought it was a daft OP that, regardless of what anyone said or didn't say, was absolutely and unavoidably destined to culminate in his rather teenage-thinking 'ah ha, so you don't have as much hope as me' punchline above. And yet I didn't bother to click on Thumbs Down as I never do. So it could have been 9. It could have been even more hopeless for him! 😛

Moves
02 Jan 18

Originally posted by @galveston75
To wipe their feet of the dust of that door and walk away to another door to teach. Just as Jesus himself taught and did.
You used this analogy of shaking the dust from your feet the time before the last time you left the forum in a righteous huff. How many times should someone shake the dust from their feet with the same people?

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
02 Jan 18

Originally posted by @fmf
I thought it was a daft OP that, regardless of what anyone said or didn't say, was absolutely and unavoidably destined to culminate in his rather teenage-thinking 'ah ha, so you don't have as much hope as me' punchline above. And yet I didn't bother to click on Thumbs Down as I never do. So it could have been 9. It could have been even more hopeless for him! 😛
Let's see if I thumbed it down...nope. Hadn't yet. 😀

Moves
02 Jan 18

Originally posted by @bigdoggproblem
Let's see if I thumbed it down...nope. Hadn't yet. 😀
At what point does it become a universal objective truth that the OP is crap?

F

Moves
02 Jan 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @divegeester
Perhaps sonship will be along soon to assert that 8 thumbs down for dj2becker is a case of people demonstrating contempt for Jesus or Christianity?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
02 Jan 18

When it reaches 10. I just did my duty and it's there

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
02 Jan 18

Originally posted by @suzianne
As I have schooled Robbie in this many, many times, the word firstborn in Colossians 1:15 does not mean born first. It rather means preeminent. "...he is before (or above) all things..."

Take Colossians 1:15-18 as a paragraph, which presents the same idea throughout:

Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every ...[text shortened]... eminent" to that, and is therefore "firstbegotten" (thus the "firstborn" ), not "first created".
Well I do appreciate your comment and the time to make it. I'm serious.
But is that really what it's saying? If it were saying what your explanation is, then why didn't it simply say so in that scripture? Many scriptures speak of the power and authority that Jesus was given after he ascended back to heaven to his father. But he didn't have that authority before that event as the bible explains. He was never mentioned being in a seat of authority, at his father right hand sitting on a throne until he went back to heaven after his resurrection.
But yes the bible does describe the special fondness that Jehovah had for his firstborn son just as an earthly parent might have for their firstborn. But all thru the bible the term "firstborn" means just what it says, the firstborn whether it is an angel or a human is the one born first.
Again that scripture says exactly what it says. Jesus was the first thing God created. Sorry but the bible says that, not just me.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Jan 18
3 edits

ot just me.[/b]
But he didn't have that authority before that event as the bible explains. He was never mentioned being in a seat of authority, at his father right hand sitting on a throne until he went back to heaven after his resurrection.

" Who, existing in the form of God did not consider being equal with God a treasure to be grasped." (Phil. 2:6)

That would include the treasure of having ultimate authority.
The meaning here is not that He grasped at something He had not, but of something He had.

Going on.

"But emptied Himself, taking the form of a slave, becoming in the likeness of men;" (v.7)

From "in the form of God" to "the form of a slave, becoming in the likeness of men." . That is not emptying Himself of something He had NOT (divine authority) to take on the form of an obedience slave. Rather it is to let go of what He had in order to appear in the form in which He was not ... as a slave, in the likeness of submissive man , under God's authority.

Going on.

"And being found in fashion as a man He humbled Himself, becoming obedient even unto death, and that the death of a cross." (v.8)

This is not about Christ relinquishing what was NOT His to relinquish. It is about Him letting go of what He DID HAVE ... to not grasp at. And that included all the glory and authority of God, to become obedient in the form of a man, even dying on His cross.

Moves
02 Jan 18
3 edits

But let it be clear he never said the words " my mother or never directly said that about her specifically".
I’ve just seen this latest little snide from you, and that’s right I didn’t say anything of the sort.

You have “left” this site and returned so many times it’s like your on a piece of elastic! On one of those occasions you left leaving a long pious post about “shaking the sand of this forum from your feet”, other times you just flounced off, these occasions are what I’m referring to. You never claimed to have left the site because of a personal tragedy.

What you DID do on one infamous occasion was use an (at that time) unnamed and unwell relative as an excuse for not responding in a number of threads where you were under pressure, claiming you had been away from the site when you were posting in other threads in other forums and moving in your games. You got called out for this and the there was a very long thread about it called “Forum Etiquette” If you persist in this claim about me I will post link to the thread in here and we can all once again see how you and Robbie Carrobie behaved on it. I have it here.

Moves
02 Jan 18

You used this analogy of shaking the dust from your feet the time before the last time you left the forum in a righteous huff. How many times should someone shake the dust from their feet with the same people?
@Galveston75

And here I am talking about the “dust shaking” time that you left. No mention of relatives.

Moves
02 Jan 18

Originally posted by @fmf
Well, you have essentially ignored or pointedly not engaged, in a genuine way, any of the non-Christian posters who addressed your OP and now you are declaring that their worldviews "don't seem to offer them any kind of hope"?
If there was any hope offered by any of them that you could point you I'm sure you would.

Moves
02 Jan 18

Originally posted by @rajk999
When it reaches 10. I just did my duty and it's there
To be fair though I wouldn't have much hope in my own righteousness either Raj.

Moves
02 Jan 18

This is a chance for all skeptics of the Christian faith to provide me with a better alternative. I challenge you all to provide me with a better worldview that you feel is superior to the Christian faith. I am inclined to agree with someone who once said, apart from the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, I see no hope for the human race.
Old Viennese saying; "The situation is desperate* but not serious."

* Latin: deprived of hope