What other hope is there?

What other hope is there?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
01 Jan 18

Originally posted by @galveston75
My mothers anniversary of her death is coming up very soon and I wish no other comments at all are made on this out of respect for my loss by him in any way.
Well, I have lost people close to me too, so I know how it feels, but it would never occur to me to try to use the death of one of my loved ones in a dishonest or disingenuous way as you have done here to score a point against another forum poster. chaney3 got a forum ban a few months back for doing exactly what you are doing here.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
01 Jan 18

Then by scripture show me what he was exactly? Make sure you know who you are trying to explain. But first see if this scripture helps?

So is he God his Father Jehovah? Jesus’ opposers accused him of making himself equal to God. (John 5:18; 10:30-33) However, Jesus never claimed to be on the same level as Almighty God. He said: “The Father is grea ...[text shortened]... ?

Maybe this could help?

https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/what-are-angels/
I dont need a JW website to help me.
Jesus is the Son of God.
So says the Bible very clearly.
Nowhere does the Bible say that Jesus was an angel.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
01 Jan 18

Don't even try that as no it doesn't. It clearly say the voice he was using was his.
Jesus will be accompanied by countless angels upon his return. He is not one of them.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
01 Jan 18

Originally posted by @rajk999
Jesus is the Son of God.
Then what is he????????????

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
01 Jan 18

He is the Son of God.like I already said
Do you have reading comprehension issues?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
01 Jan 18

He is the Son of God.like I already said
Do you have reading comprehension issues?
Don't be a smart a_ _. I asked you a simple question. If you can't answer it then simply say I don't know. Geeeez guys, come on.

Lets try it this way. Was Jesus created?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
01 Jan 18

Jesus is the Son of God.
Well yes it does even if you don't see it.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
01 Jan 18

Originally posted by @fmf
Well, I have lost people close to me too, so I know how it feels, but it would never occur to me to try to use the death of one of my loved ones in a dishonest or disingenuous way as you have done here to score a point against another forum poster. chaney3 got a forum ban a few months back for doing exactly what you are doing here.
Holy cow....unbelievable. Whatever you think.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
01 Jan 18

Don't be a smart a_ _. I asked you a simple question. If you can't answer it then simply say I don't know. Geeeez guys, come on.

I did answer.
The Bible says that Jesus is the Son of God and that is good enough for me
If you need some webstie to add to that and explain it to you then go ahead.
I accept what the bible says.

Jesus was the Son of God before his appearance on earth as the son of Mary.
He as always the Son of God and always will be the Son of God.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
01 Jan 18

I did answer.
The Bible says that Jesus is the Son of God and that is good enough for me
If you need some webstie to add to that and explain it to you then go ahead.
I accept what the bible says.

Jesus was the Son of God before his appearance on earth as the son of Mary.
He as always the Son of God and always will be the Son of God.
So being a son of god means that it does or does not include angels? Jesus is a son of God, the angels are sons of God.
Angels are called messengers of God. Jesus is also referred to as a messenger of God.
The bible in scriptures says Jesus has the voice of an angel but yet to you that means nothing to you.
OK it all makes sense. No way Jesus is an angel. It's all so clear now!

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
01 Jan 18

So being a son of god means that it does or does not include angels? Jesus is a son of God, the angels are sons of God.
Angels are called messengers of God. Jesus is also referred to as a messenger of God.
The bible in scriptures says Jesus has the voice of an angel but yet to you that means nothing to you.
OK it all makes sense. No way Jesus is an angel. It's all so clear now!
Jesus is THE Son of God.
Anyone could be a son of God.
THE SON OF GOD IS JESUS CHRIST.
Clear to you now?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
01 Jan 18

Heb 1:4 says this about Jesus: 4 "So he has become better than the angels to the extent that he has inherited a name more excellent than theirs."

Notice the wording here which is very simple. Was Jesus equal with the the angels at one time in the sense that he is a spirit like they are, was a messenger as they are, was a son of God they they are, et ...[text shortened]... has the position he has now and will be given the opportunity to sit by his Fathers right hand.
As I have schooled Robbie in this many, many times, the word firstborn in Colossians 1:15 does not mean born first. It rather means preeminent. "...he is before (or above) all things..."

Take Colossians 1:15-18 as a paragraph, which presents the same idea throughout:

Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Preeminence:
noun
1. the state or character of being preeminent.

Preeminent:
adjective
1. eminent above or before others; superior; surpassing: He is preeminent in his profession.

Eminent:
adjective
1. high in station, rank, or repute; prominent; distinguished:

Even your verse, Heb. 1:4 says, "Being made so much better than the angels..."

Go further, with Hebrews 1:5: "For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee?" and Hebrews 1:13, which says, "But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?"

And at any rate, he is not a "created being" like the angels or man. He IS "preeminent" to that, and is therefore "firstbegotten" (thus the "firstborn" ), not "first created".

Moves
01 Jan 18

I was taught that there is mystery involved in the existence of the Holy Trinity and those who do not accept this are playing with fire.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
01 Jan 18

Originally posted by @js357
I was taught that there is mystery involved in the existence of the Holy Trinity and those who do not accept this are playing with fire.
Those teachings are of men.

Moves
01 Jan 18

Originally posted by @dj2becker
This is a chance for all skeptics of the Christian faith to provide me with a better alternative. I challenge you all to provide me with a better worldview that you feel is superior to the Christian faith. I am inclined to agree with someone who once said, apart from the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, I see no hope for the human race.
Wow 8 thumb downs must be some sort of new record here. Amazing how people are pissed off by the fact that that their world view doesn't seem to offer them any kind of hope.