What other hope is there?

What other hope is there?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
30 Dec 17

Also commenting on one aspect of the Second Coming of Jesus Christ, Apostle Paul wrote:

"because the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a commanding call, with an archangel’s voice and with God's trumpet, and those who are dead in union with Christ will rise first. (1 Thessalonians 4:16) (NWT)

Is this not saying that his voice is of an angels?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
30 Dec 17

The Septuagint translation of Isaiah 9:6, 7 next commands our attention. Both Jews and Christians alike understand that Isaiah 9:6, 7 is a prophecy about the Messiah, the Christ. Translator Lancelot C.L. Brenton rendered the Septuagint verses:

"For a child is born to us, and a son is given to us, whose government is upon his shoulder: and his name is called the Messenger of great counsel: for I will bring peace upon the princes, and health to him. His government shall be great, and of his peace there is no end..."

The phrase "Messenger of great counsel" translates the Greek "Mεγαλης βουλης αγγελος" which is also translated "Angel of great counsel".

Biblical and Historical Views of Christ as an Angel
BY HAROLD L. FLEMINGS
JANUARY 1993

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
30 Dec 17
2 edits

The Apostle Paul identified the angel that followed them through the Red Sea at 1 Corinthians 10:1-4:

"Now I do not want you to be ignorant, brothers, that our forefathers were all under the cloud and all passed through the sea and all got baptized into Moses by means of the cloud and of the sea; and all ate the same spiritual food and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they used to drink from the spiritual rock-mass that followed them, and that rock-mass meant the Christ." (NWT)

Interestingly, the angel that had been assigned to Israel is named "Michael" in other passages.
The name Jesus was not given to him until he was born as a human. What was his name before he came to earth to be born as a human? Michael.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
31 Dec 17
3 edits

Galveston75, if you choose to accept that these spurious indications and misinterpretations constitute sufficient evidence that an angel died for you and an angel’s blood covers your sins, that an angel is the “Alpha and the Omega”, then good for you.

But read this from Hebrews 1: 3 onwards...

The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven. 4 So he became as much superior to the angels as the name he has inherited is superior to theirs.

5 For to which of the angels did God ever say,

“You are my Son; today I have become your Father”?
Or again,

“I will be his Father, and he will be my Son”?
6 And again, when God brings his firstborn into the world, he says,

“Let all God’s angels worship him.”

And verse 13...

To which of the angels did God ever say,

“Sit at my right hand
until I make your enemies
a footstool for your feet”?

God didn’t say this to any angels. That is the point Paul was making to the Hebrews. It’s almost as though even then he knew the error the JWs are now propagating would creep into the church.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
31 Dec 17

Originally posted by @divegeester
Galveston75, if you choose to accept that these spurious indications and misinterpretations constitute sufficient evidence that an angel died for you and an angel’s blood covers your sins, that an angel is the “Alpha and the Omega”, then good for you.

The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact r ...[text shortened]... t as though even then he knew the error the JWs are now propagating would creep into the church.
Thats correct

Q : To which angel did God say that to?
A: None

The JW doctrine that Christ was/is an angel is pure nonsense.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
31 Dec 17

Originally posted by @galveston75
Also commenting on one aspect of the Second Coming of Jesus Christ, Apostle Paul wrote:

"because the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a commanding call, with an archangel’s voice and with God's trumpet, and those who are dead in union with Christ will rise first. (1 Thessalonians 4:16) (NWT)

Is this not saying that his voice is of an angels?
This just means that Jesus returns accompanied by the archangel [probably Michael].

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
31 Dec 17

Originally posted by @rajk999
This just means that Jesus returns accompanied by the archangel [probably Michael].
Don't even try that as no it doesn't. It clearly say the voice he was using was his.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
31 Dec 17

The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact r ...[text shortened]... t as though even then he knew the error the JWs are now propagating would creep into the church.
Oh yeah ignore all the other scriptures that clearly show who Jesus was before he came to earth, which is always your way of answering when I post such scriptures.
But then in your own way you still hang on to some fuzzy version of the trinity even though you deny it and seemingly don't know it.
So this is your problem in not seeing who Jesus is not only now but who he was before he came to earth.
Does not the bible call him him his Fathers son..his firstborn of all the heavenly angels and other creations? Are the angels not his son's also?
Up to the time Jesus came to earth he was a very special and powerful angel that Jehovah created and was extremely fond of and was used on very special occasions in God's dealing with humans. ( He was not known by the name Jesus then.) It is because of this special one on one relationship they had, and only they had, that this first born son offered to come to earth and give his life for all of us including you. Any angel could have offered this also and if succeeded as Jesus did, could have offered up their perfect life for us. It was a ransom that was needed.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
31 Dec 17

Oh yeah ignore all the other scriptures that clearly show who Jesus was before he came to earth, which is always your way of answering when I post such scriptures.
But then in your own way you still hang on to some fuzzy version of the trinity even though you deny it and seemingly don't know it.
So this is your problem in not seeing who Jesus is not ...[text shortened]... as Jesus did, could have offered up their perfect life for us. It was a ransom that was needed.
Feel free to address the concise and unequivocal scriptural content of my post any time in 2018 when you are not AWOL on one of your girly hissyfits.

😉

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
01 Jan 18

Feel free to address the concise and unequivocal scriptural content of my post any time in 2018 when you are not AWOL on one of your girly hissyfits.

😉
Lol. Dream on, no hissyfitting here oh scripturally misled one, sorry to say. I'm actually being very amused by your comments and still so amazed how ones like yourself out on his own little so called spiritually wise island is sooooo sure your right when everyone else is wrong, even the bible itself.
As a side point I'm not wasting my time looking back to read your smug little kiddy comment about me using tragedies in my life to take brakes from this site to past here. I know your referring to my mom's death as one of your pokes. How sad you are....

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
01 Jan 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @rajk999
Thats correct

Q : To which angel did God say that to?
A: None

The JW doctrine that Christ was/is an angel is pure nonsense.
Then by scripture show me what he was exactly? Make sure you know who you are trying to explain. But first see if this scripture helps?

So is he God his Father Jehovah? Jesus’ opposers accused him of making himself equal to God. (John 5:18; 10:30-33) However, Jesus never claimed to be on the same level as Almighty God. He said: “The Father is greater than I am.”—John 14:28.

So nope he's not Jehovah his Father. So who are what is he? Big question huh?

So could he have been an angel since they are no other life forms mentioned in the bible existing before humans were created?

Maybe this could help?

https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/what-are-angels/

F

Moves
01 Jan 18

Originally posted by @galveston75 to divegeester
I know your referring to my mom's death as one of your pokes.
I am sorry to hear about your loss. Where did divegeester poke fun at you over losing your mother or even refer to her death at all? In which post was it?

F

Moves
01 Jan 18

chaney3 got a forum ban a few months back for lying about divegeester making fun of chaney3's deceased mother.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
01 Jan 18

Originally posted by @fmf
I am sorry to hear about your loss. Where did divegeester poke fun at you over losing your mother or even refer to her death at all? In which post was it?
Thanks. As I said I'm not going back to look on anything he's said about that. But let it be clear he never said the words " my mother or never directly said that about her specifically".
It's his sly little comments about me immaturely using such events to remove myself from this forum for a time. If he has no decency to refrain from that type comments he should leave this forum that if no other forum here at RHP should be using a spiritual reverence to all no matter ones beliefs when it comes to deaths of loved ones. He plays the part at times that he really cares then reverts back to his dark comments.
My mothers anniversary of her death is coming up very soon and I wish no other comments at all are made on this out of respect for my loss by him in any way. Lets see if he gets it.....

F

Moves
01 Jan 18

Thanks. As I said I'm not going back to look on anything he's said about that. But let it be clear he never said the words " my mother or never directly said that about her specifically".
So, your brand new position - 24 minutes later - is that divegeester, in fact, didn't refer to the death of one of your relatives in order to poke fun at you?