1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 May '18 06:34
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Other questions spring to mind about this LITERAL lake of eternal fire...

Where will it be while the rest of us are in heaven?

Revelation tells us that alledgedly Jesus will be overseeing the lake, so will he be taking bio-breaks from heaven so he can pop into hell and stir the lake a bit?

Will he change his clothes when he returns to heaven s ...[text shortened]... about my god; but if you want to hold to these beliefs then you need to be able to defend them.
    Your craving for approval from atheists is most unseemly and quite sad.
  2. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    27 May '18 06:36
    Yes there is; healings for example. However I have a supporting theory in my own mind where these supernatural interventions are not necessarily “supernatural”, just unknown to us.
    That brings up a point [a twhitehead point; shame he's left]. Perhaps the very concept of "supernatural" ----- is incoherent?? Maybe such interventions are governed by a higher laws of physics with which we're not familiar.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 May '18 06:36
    Originally posted by @bigdoggproblem
    Not at all. Your effect on me is nil, troll. Post whatever you want.
    Your “advanced mind” was on display for all to see in that boneheaded thread. Not just me, PoodleBoy
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    27 May '18 06:37
    Probably not. But they were easy. The target is easy. I'm just hoping that the frequent criticism from all directions eventually sinks in. This forum is poorer for the presence of this sad person.
    Never a truer word has been spoken.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 May '18 06:39
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Never a truer word has been spoken.
    Ah, Heartpence has returned. Careful, old chap. The banana peels are in plenteous supply tonight. I’m glad to see you’re confining yourself to trolling - much safer that way.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 May '18 11:11
    From the Bible.
    Where in the Bible do you derive the concept that in hell Satan rules? I have a only a guess. But I'd rather you explain.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 May '18 11:55
    That brings up a point [a twhitehead point; shame he's left]. Perhaps the very concept of "supernatural" ----- is incoherent?? Maybe such interventions are governed by a higher laws of physics with which we're not familiar.
    I’m not against this thinking and in fact I’ve previously floated the idea that creation itself is simply a matter of technological know how.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 May '18 12:024 edits
    I put your last comment at the top here, to apply your rule to you.

but if you want to hold to these beliefs then you need to be able to defend them.

I believe God's word on many things.
    If "defend them" means exhaustively scientifically explain them - I don't see that as God's requirement.

Other questions spring to mind about this LITERAL lake of eternal fire...

Where will it be while the rest of us are in heaven?

According to your own rule - "but if you want to hold to these beliefs then you need to be able to defend them. "

If the Bible shows the eternal city coming down out of heaven from God, then the saved should be in the eternal city.

"And I saw the holy city New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband." (Rev. 21:2)

Please defend your concept that instead of being in the holy city Christ is marrying, the saved are left in heaven.

Your rule again: but if you want to hold to these beliefs then you need to be able to defend them.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 May '18 12:04

Revelation tells us that allegedly Jesus will be overseeing the lake, so will he be taking bio-breaks from heaven so he can pop into hell and stir the lake a bit?

IF Revelation is allegedly telling you this why do you think Revelation is not allegedly telling you ANYTHING else. Ie. "the rest of us are in heaven" ?

You choose what it is allegedly telling you from what you are sure it is telling you, based on what? Is it based on your likes and dislikes?
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 May '18 12:05

Will he change his clothes when he returns to heaven so we don’t have to be put off of our bliss by the smell of sulphur and burning human flesh?

Does your Bible show Jesus commanding the healing of a person yet not being physically there? See Matthew 8:13.

I think the Gospel writers made it a point for readers to realize that at a distance the Son of God commanded some things.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 May '18 12:063 edits

Yes you can call me flippant and sacraligous of your nasty beliefs about my god; but if you want to hold to these beliefs then you need to be able to defend them.

It could be that you should take your serious problems to God Himself over a period of time, in prayer.

The company you keep can sometimes corrupt your morals. Like in the Corinthian church, some believers scoffed at the thought of the resurrection from the dead. After Paul went through much explanation to help them he then dedicates some of his talk to warn them that the company they are keeping has a negative moral effect on them.

Paul has spent 32 verses explaining their problem - resurrection. Then suprisingly he says this:

"Do not be deceived: evil companionships corrupts good morals. (v.33)

Awake from the drunken stupor righteously and do not sin, for some of you are ignorant of God, I speak to your shame.
    (v.34)

They may have had substantial problems with God's ability to raise the dead. But something in the way they expressed their problems indicated morally they were ill effected. This put them in a drunken stupor acting like the worldly unbelievers.

If you want to confess Christ as your Lord and Savior, I think you should take your stumbling block of something He has said to God to see if you can get through with the Holy Spirit.

There is no shame in that.

but if you want to hold to these beliefs then you need to be able to defend them.

If by "defend" "these [held] beliefs" you mean you must argue until the world sees it the way you do, I don't see that as a requirement from Jesus Christ.

Perhaps that is your arbitrary requirement. My NT says to be ready to give a defense for the hope that is in you with humility. It doesn't say be ready to force all naysayers into agreement.

"But sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, being always ready for a defense to everyone who asks of you an account concerning the hope which is in you,

Yet with meekness and fear, having a good conscience, ..." (See 1 Peter 3:15,16a)
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 May '18 12:073 edits
    "But sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, being always ready for a defense to everyone who asks of you an account concerning the hope which is in you,

Yet with meekness and fear, having a good conscience, so that in the matter in which you are spoken against, those who revile your good manner of life in Christ may be put to shame." (v.16)

I do not "hope" generally that men perish forever and not be saved. I do hope though that Christ and God do not LIE to us. And Revelation 20:15 is to be believed.

I do not have to like it to defend it.
    I just have to believe that God has not lied.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 May '18 12:08
    Originally posted by @sonship

Will he change his clothes when he returns to heaven so we don’t have to be put off of our bliss by the smell of sulphur and burning human flesh?

Does your Bible show Jesus commanding the healing of a person yet not being physically there? See [b]Matthew 8:13

I think the Gospel writers made it a point for readers to realize that at a distance the Son of God commanded some things.[/b]
    Revelation appears to say that Jesus will be “witnessing” the suffering.

If course he won’t be because your interpretation of the “perfect justice” of buttoning billions and billions of people alive for eternity, is an abhorrent nonsense.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 May '18 12:09
    What will fuel the eternal fires of your vision of hell sonship?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 May '18 12:14
    Lol

https://goo.gl/images/BgHxCq

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree