1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 May '18 05:53
    Originally posted by @bigdoggproblem
    I have a question for you, sir; a person I view as a Reasonable Theist.

Is there any part of your faith that relies on "supernatural" explanations? If so, how do you account for your personal suspension of disbelief in the accepted Laws of Physics?
    Yes there is; healings for example. However I have a supporting theory in my own mind where these supernatural interventions are not necessarily “supernatural”, just unknown to us.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 May '18 05:55
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    In eternal hell, where this odd version of the loving Jesus who died for the world he loved so much, will be burning alive for eternity those who reject his love...what will be the fuel for the flames?
    ...what will be the fuel for the flames?

The zealotry and vanity of proponents torturer god theology.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 May '18 06:031 edit
    Other questions spring to mind about this LITERAL lake of eternal fire...

Where will it be while the rest of us are in heaven?

Revelation tells us that alledgedly Jesus will be overseeing the lake, so will he be taking bio-breaks from heaven so he can pop into hell and stir the lake a bit?

Will he change his clothes when he returns to heaven so we don’t have to be put off of our bliss by the smell of sulphur and burning human flesh?

Yes you can call me flippant and sacraligous of your nasty beliefs about my god; but if you want to hold to these beliefs then you need to be able to defend them.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 May '18 06:09
    For once, we agree on something. [Other than Chuck Norris jokes.]
    Apparently your sarcasm detector needs a tuneup.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 May '18 06:13
    Off topic, but bang on target.
    Are you forgetting I was one of only three people (and I think the only Christian) to support you in your “Who will stand with me?” thread.

You were groveling up a storm and practically begging on bended knees, and I publicly stood with you. How quickly you seem to have forgotten.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 May '18 06:15
    Probably not. But they were easy. The target is easy. I'm just hoping that the frequent criticism from all directions eventually sinks in. This forum is poorer for the presence of this sad person.
    From all directions? You mean from atheists, Christ deniers and an atheist lickspittle who’s ashamed to believe in Jesus Christ?

I wear your and their scorn like a badge of honor.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 May '18 06:18
    Sometimes the most direct approach is best.
    Ok, but I’ll be diplomatic.

I admire how well you hide your “advanced mind” in your postings.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 May '18 06:19
    See, now that is a good point. There ought to be a separate thread about this. The OT God clearly has "blind spots". Clearly, he is not omniscient.

Edit: Thread 177068 created.
    I bet you regret creating that thread, LittleMutt.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 May '18 06:22
    A literal “Self-sustaining” lake of fire eh...you have any Mickey Mouse comedy physics to explain that?

How does the emotion “wrath of god” turn into fuel for a literal lake of fire...is it a bit like when Jesus turned water into wine but without the love, “endless mercy”, compassion, etc?
    <<A literal “Self-sustaining” lake of fire eh...you have any Mickey Mouse comedy physics to explain that?>>

You think God is hamstrung by the laws of physics? You’re aware of all the miracles He performed in the Old Testament and New Testament and you think He’s scratching His head trying to figure out how to keep a fire from going out?

Good grief, tiger. Do you think before you post?
  10. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    27 May '18 06:25
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    I bet you regret creating that thread, LittleMutt.
    Not at all. Your effect on me is nil, troll. Post whatever you want.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 May '18 06:26
    The only “lampoon” here sonship, is you and your ducking and diving. Tell me did you find your balls yet?

...There is a thread where I asked you to either call me out as being ashamed of Jesus or call the idiot Romans1009 out for accusing me of it. Predictably you did neither.

You will fight and fight and fight for your beloved eternal suffering, ...[text shortened]... n a simple moment of principle presents itself you run like a scalded cat. You’re pathetic mate.
    Back to groveling and pleading and begging Christians to support you after you relentlessly bash and mock them? And in this quoted post, you’re doing both at the same time.

That’s what’s pathetic. Have some self respect. You’re the atheists’ lickspittle. Just own it and be proud of it.

PS I supported you in your groveling, begging and pleading thread.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 May '18 06:26
    I’m a “fallen man” now am I?
    Only when you’ve had too many pints, tiger.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 May '18 06:28
    Fuel for the literal eternal fires of hell...

So far we have:
    “A very large can of butane”, “a Self sustaining lake of fire”, “God’s wrath”, Any nearby “star” and a “circumvention of the laws of physics” as possible solitons.

Edit: this is supposedly a literal eternal lake of fire, which is supervised by the loving Jesus with his “mercy which endured forever”...
    I see you’ve resumed your role as the atheists’ fanboy and lickspittle with renewed enthusiasm.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 May '18 06:30
    A) I have no idea. It’s your version of god and hell where this literal lake of fire exists in the first place. Presumably your version of Jesus felt it necessary to invent the lake in order carry out this eternal genicide.

B)Jesus spoke in parables most of the time; but don’t let that fact get in the way of your shock and awe god of eternal fury beliefs
    Why do you obsess so much over hell when you know next to nothing about the spiritual realm? You don’t trust God to do the right thing?
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 May '18 06:32
    Yes there is; healings for example. However I have a supporting theory in my own mind where these supernatural interventions are not necessarily “supernatural”, just unknown to us.
    Multiplying loaves and fishes, calming a storm with His voice, raising people from the dead...

None of that rings a bell or you just don’t believe it?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree