What would you give up?

What would you give up?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
14 Nov 12

Deut. 7:3, 4

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
14 Nov 12

1 Cor. 3:18-20 & 1 Tim. 6:20, 21.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
14 Nov 12

Jas. 4:4

F

Moves
14 Nov 12

Originally posted by galveston75
2 Cor. 6:14, 15, 17.

I'll just post some scriptures for you to pray to God about for understanding.
Can you tell me how you yourself believe that the scripture you quoted justifies psychological bullying? And can you tell me in your own words - not a copy paste - how the imperative you perceive there to be to engage in this psychological bullying trumps the morality of tolerance, humility and generosity of spirit?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
14 Nov 12

Originally posted by FMF
Can you tell me how you yourself believe that the scripture you quoted justifies psychological bullying? And can you tell me in your own words - not a copy paste - how the imperative you perceive there to be to engage in this psychological bullying trumps the morality of tolerance, humility and generosity of spirit?
Pray for the answers you so desperately look for as I can't seem to help you here.

F

Moves
14 Nov 12

Pray for the answers you so desperately look for as I can't seem to help you here.
You can help me by answering point blank questions. Does what you perceive to be the scriptures' call on you to engage in psychological bullying trump the morality of tolerance, humility and generosity of spirit towards others?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
14 Nov 12

Originally posted by FMF
You can help me by answering point blank questions. Does what you perceive to be the scriptures' call on you to engage in psychological bullying trump the morality of tolerance, humility and generosity of spirit towards others?

F

Moves
14 Nov 12

It seems I have touched upon an aspect of institutionalized shunning that you do not want to or cannot address.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
14 Nov 12

Originally posted by FMF
It seems I have touched upon an aspect of institutionalized shunning that you do not want to or cannot address.

s
Aficionado of Prawns

Not of this World

Moves
14 Nov 12
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
How does this bit of scripture justify psychological bullying?
FMF,

Your line of questioning seems rather obsessive. Do you have any proof that would in any way support where you are going with this? G75 has already told you point blank that he does not shun others. You dismissed that answer, and kept pressing, and then stepped it up a notch by morphing your "shunning" accusation into "psychological bullying."

Without verifiable proof, it appears that all your queries amount to being pulled from thin air, projected upon someone, then you insisting he proof it false or admit it is true.

In likewise fashion, G75 (though being a Christian would not do so), could demand that you either justify yourself being a wife beater, or prove that you aren't one.

So again, where is your evidence that would imply that (a) G75 is a psychological BULLY, and (b) he thinks psychological bullying is justified.

F

Moves
14 Nov 12
1 edit

Originally posted by sumydid
G75 has already told you point blank that he does not shun others.
galveston75 has talked several times on this forum about how he shunned his own child in the past for religious reasons.

Are you unaware of the JW organisation's use of concerted shunning to punish and ostracize dissenters?

If you don't see institutionalized shunning of family and former friends as "psychological bullying" then that is a matter for you.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
14 Nov 12

Originally posted by FMF
galveston75 ... sunned his own child in the past for religious reasons.
It was one of those new California denominations that requires all members to get a tan. 😛

F

Moves
14 Nov 12

Originally posted by SwissGambit
It was one of those new California denominations that requires all members to get a tan. 😛
Oops. Fixed before I saw your reply! 😀

Moves
14 Nov 12
1 edit

If ones decide to shun us it is because of our beliefs not theirs. Again if we were to shun ones because of their religion, we would not go to their doors.
It was your in-laws firmly held "belief" that you being a JW was a bad thing and they decided to "shun" you for it. I fail to see how this is any different from what you are doing.

It is interesting how you feel persecuted by this sacrifice you have made for Jesus; clearly you find it unpleasant, and yet you still inflict this unpleasantness on other people of your own family and/or congregation. I find your stance on this to be chockingly hypocritical and sadly lacking in moral fortitude.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
14 Nov 12

Originally posted by divegeester
It was your in-laws firmly held "belief" that you being a JW was a bad thing and they decided to "shun" you for it. I fail to see how this is any different from what you are doing.

It is interesting how you feel persecuted by this sacrifice you have made for Jesus; clearly you find it unpleasant, and yet you still inflict this unpleasantness on other ...[text shortened]... find your stance on this to be chockingly hypocritical and sadly lacking in moral fortitude.
Again you say you do understand the scriptures that explain this issue. Right? Then why are you questioning them?