1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Nov '12 01:39
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Such a silly question....
    I asked: 'If it depends on the situation, how can you be sure that Jesus did not approve of your mother being shunned by her family?" I asked this because you seem to think it's OK for you to shun people but not OK for you - or your mother - to be shunned. You said I should join the dots in the bible. So, asking what the bible says about your mother is hardly a "silly question".
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    06 Nov '12 01:59
    Originally posted by FMF
    I asked: 'If it depends on the situation, how can you be sure that Jesus did not approve of your mother being shunned by her family?" I asked this because you seem to think it's OK for you to shun people but not OK for you - or your mother - to be shunned. You said I should join the dots in the bible. So, asking what the bible says about your mother is hardly a "silly question".
    The bible does not mention my mother that I'm aware of. Next.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Nov '12 02:09
    Well then, the question remains unanswered: how can you be sure that Jesus did not approve of your mother being shunned by her family?
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Nov '12 06:40
    Ask the Watchtower about it.
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    06 Nov '12 14:03
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Ask the Watchtower about it.
    Thanks as yes we do have wonderful answers for just about anything.

Anyway what would you be willing to give up? Riches, fame, your love of country?
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    06 Nov '12 14:06
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well then, the question remains unanswered: how can you be sure that Jesus did not approve of your mother being shunned by her family?
    "The proof is in the pudding" as they say.

But you know as well as I do no matter what my answers are, it will never be good enough for you as that's not really what your looking for. Your here to argue as usual and I'll answer your questions superficially but not go any farther. It's a waist of time and we all know that.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Nov '12 14:07
    I'm a humble servant of Jesus and have followed his commands. He said not to live a life of pursueing riches and to be content with only what is needed to survive.

I was in the top of my classes in High School in drafting and architecture and had a very promising outlook in that field if I wanted to follow that and go to collage and other schooling. ...[text shortened]... ure the earth will truly be one day for them was a little more important.
    How's that for ya?
    Good thanks, but to be clear; you gave up what would have been a promising career as an architect to serve Jesus?
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    06 Nov '12 14:08
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Good thanks, but to be clear; you gave up what would have been a promising career as an architect to serve Jesus?
    I believe so......
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Nov '12 14:12
    "The proof is in the pudding" as they say.

But you know as well as I do no matter what my answers are, it will never be good enough for you as that's not really what your looking for. Your here to argue as usual and I'll answer your questions superficially but not go any farther. It's a waist of time and we all know that.
    To be clear then, when people shun you for religious reasons, it is bad. But when you shun people for religious reasons, it is good. This is the essence of what you have been saying, right?
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    06 Nov '12 14:19
    Originally posted by FMF
    To be clear then, when people shun you for religious reasons, it is bad. But when you shun people for religious reasons, it is good. This is the essence of what you have been saying, right?
    I've looked back at the postings here of mine and I can't seem to find where I said I shun anyone because of their religious beliefs. Could you plase show me where I said that?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Nov '12 15:10
    I believe so......
    How did giving up a valuable education and a good career serve Jesus?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Nov '12 15:20
    I've looked back at the postings here of mine and I can't seem to find where I said I shun anyone because of their religious beliefs. Could you plase show me where I said that?
    To be clear then, when people shun you for religious reasons, it is bad. But when you shun people for religious reasons, it is good. This is the essence of what you have been saying, right? I have chosen my words carefully: I have talked of "religious matters" and "religious reasons". It is no secret that JWs shun people for "religious reasons".
  13. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    06 Nov '12 15:28
    I believe so......
    was it the money or being an architect you sacrificed?
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    06 Nov '12 18:13
    Originally posted by FMF
    To be clear then, when people shun you for [b]religious reasons, it is bad. But when you shun people for religious reasons, it is good. This is the essence of what you have been saying, right? I have chosen my words carefully: I have talked of "religious matters" and "religious reasons". It is no secret that JWs shun people for "religious reasons".[/b]
    Lol. First you are a lier about that and if we shunned people of other religions we would not be spending billions of hours a year going to their doors now would we?

Now again show me where I stated that we shun others because of their religion? If your not a lier then show me. If not that confirms you are a laying person.
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    06 Nov '12 18:14
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    was it the money or being an architect you sacrificed?
    I would think all the above.....

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree