What would you give up?

What would you give up?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
14 Nov 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
yawn, the practice is Biblical and we are not prepared to be morally tyrannised over
be some self certified spiritual quack who does not even know what is the nature of his
God that he professes to worship.
I'm sure they are noticing I'm not answering them on this. The Bible clearly explains the issues and why one would shun anyone. They do not understand those scriptures so no matter what we say, they would never understand us.
If they understood those scriptures, they would not be continually asking us to explain our biblical stand on this.

F

Moves
14 Nov 12

Originally posted by galveston75
I'm sure they are noticing I'm not answering them on this. The Bible clearly explains the issues and why one would shun anyone. They do not understand those scriptures so no matter what we say, they would never understand us.
If they understood those scriptures, they would not be continually asking us to explain our biblical stand on this.
I understand that you feel you are acting under instructions; I am, however, asking you to explain the morality of the action.

Moves
14 Nov 12

yes indeed, ask him about the nature of his God and hes is at a loss to explain a single facet, yet he deems himself adequately qualified to judge the house servant of another.
This is a debate forum is it not. Do you feel that good debate can occur without either parties holding some form of obective judgement over the topics being exchanged upon?

Moves
14 Nov 12

I am asking you to explain why JW shunning is more acceptable to you than the shunning you experienced from your in-laws? This is after all, your thread and these are topics brought up by you.

rc

Moves
14 Nov 12
2 edits

The claim is that its a subjective rendering, well if that is the case all they need to do is
produce an alternative one. Of course they do not understand the scriptures, it is not
in their interests, they are more content to promulgate their own morality and expect
others to accept it simply because they say so. Like you say, life is too precious to
argue with people whose only intent is to overtly criticise and condemn, i cannot think
of a single positive thing they have said

Moves
14 Nov 12
1 edit

You are confusing "understanding" with "accepting" in a vain attempt to hide behind a cloak of exclusive wisdom.

I understand the scriptures Galveston, I just disagree with your interpretation of them and the subsequent damanging doctrines and behaviours that ensue from your organisation.

I am not asking you to explain shunning, I'm fully aware of wht you believe about it; what i'm asking you to explain is why you feel morally justified in shunning someone for religious reasons and then raise up your in-laws shunning of you as some sort of personal self sacrifice for Jesus?

Moves
14 Nov 12

The claim is that its a subjective rendering, well if that is the case all they need to do is
produce an alternative one. Of course they do not understand the scriptures, it is not
in their interests, they are more content to promulgate their own morality and expect
others to accept it simply because they say so.
I refer you to my post to Galveston.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
14 Nov 12

Originally posted by divegeester
You are confusing "understanding" with "accepting" in a vain attempt to hide behind a cloak of exclusive wisdom.

I understand the scriptures Galveston, I just disagree with your interpretation of them and the subsequent damanging doctrines and behaviours that ensue from your organisation.

I am not asking you to explain shunning, I'm fully aware of ...[text shortened]... n raise up your in-laws shunning of you as some sort of personal self sacrifice for Jesus?
If you understand the scriptures as you say, then you know the answers. Right?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
14 Nov 12

Originally posted by divegeester
I am asking you to explain why JW shunning is more acceptable to you than the shunning you experienced from your in-laws? This is after all, your thread and these are topics brought up by you.
Simply put is we follow the guidelines from the Bible on who we are to associate with and under what conditions it is under that we do not associate with them.
If ones decide to shun us it is because of our beliefs not theirs.
Again if we were to shun ones because of their religion, we would not go to their doors.

F

Moves
14 Nov 12

If ones decide to shun us it is because of our beliefs not theirs.
Again if we were to shun ones because of their religion, we would not go to their doors.
Do JWs ever shun people for religious reasons? If they do, do you condemn it?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
14 Nov 12

Originally posted by FMF
Do JWs ever shun people for religious reasons? If they do, do you condemn it?
What did my answer just say?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
14 Nov 12

“When you are entering into the house, greet the household; and if the house is deserving, let the peace you wish it come upon it; but if it is not deserving, let the peace from you return upon you. Wherever anyone does not take you in or listen to your words, on going out of that house or that city shake the dust off your feet.”—Matthew 10:12-14.

See if you can get the jest of this for direction?

F

Moves
14 Nov 12

What did my answer just say?
Just answer the questions, why don't you?

Again: Do JWs ever shun people for religious reasons? If they do, do you condemn it?

Here are two more, closely related. Do non-JWs ever shun JWs for religious reasons? If they do, do you condemn it?

F

Moves
14 Nov 12

“When you are entering into the house, greet the household; and if the house is deserving, let the peace you wish it come upon it; but if it is not deserving, let the peace from you return upon you. Wherever anyone does not take you in or listen to your words, on going out of that house or that city shake the dust off your feet.”—Matthew 10:12-14.

See if you can get the jest of this for direction?
How does this bit of scripture justify psychological bullying?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
14 Nov 12
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
How does this bit of scripture justify psychological bullying?
2 Cor. 6:14, 15, 17.

I'll just post some scriptures for you to pray to God about for understanding.