1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Nov '12 20:42
    To the Christians here a question: What would you be willing to give up in order to serve Jesus?
  2. Joined
    03 Sep '12
    Moves
    05 Nov '12 20:46
    Originally posted by galveston75

To the Christians here a question: What would you be willing to give up in order to serve Jesus?

Are you assuming that Christians here don't do that?

-K
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Nov '12 20:50
    Originally posted by kd2acz
    Are you assuming that Christians here don't do that?

-K
    I'm not assuming anything....
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Nov '12 21:00
    What did you give up?
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Nov '12 22:59
    Originally posted by divegeester
    What did you give up?
    Jesus said that many would have their families abandon them because of their beliefs and in also keeping free of the worlds accepted beliefs and for not being a part of the worlds governments as has been discussed.
    The majority of my mothers relatives did just that and that of course affects me too as I do miss them and have never had much of a relationship with any of them. But they did this to us because of our beliefs, we never abondonend them.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Nov '12 23:10
    Jesus said that many would have their families abandon them because of their beliefs and in also keeping free of the worlds accepted beliefs and for not being a part of the worlds governments as has been discussed.
    The majority of my mothers relatives did just that and that of course affects me too as I do miss them and have never had much of a relatio ...[text shortened]... ship with any of them. But they did this to us because of our beliefs, we never abondonend them.
    As sad as this is, it is not something you have given up, it is another self reinforcement that what you believe in is what "Jesus" would want.

Your predisposition to associate your own personal suffering as an endorsement of your beliefs is a trap around your mind.

So...what have you given up?
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Nov '12 23:16
    Originally posted by divegeester
    As sad as this is, it is not something you have given up, it is another self reinforcement that what you believe in is what "Jesus" would want.

Your predisposition to associate your own personal suffering as an endorsement of your beliefs is a trap around your mind.

So...what have you given up?
    I'm afraid it is buddy. I didn't have a gun to my head as a child or an adult. I'm a Witness becase I choose to be. I never decided for my inlaws to turn their backs on me and my familiy.
    Jesus said this would happen whether you want to believe it or not.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Nov '12 23:252 edits
    I'm afraid it is buddy. I didn't have a gun to my head as a child or an adult. I'm a Witness becase I choose to be. I never decided for my inlaws to turn their backs on me and my familiy.
    Jesus said this would happen whether you want to believe it or not.
    What you describe was a unforseen circumstance of your decision to become a JW, you did not give these people up, they gave you up. What did you personally give up to serve Jesus?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Nov '12 23:30
    The majority of my mothers relatives did just that and that of course affects me too as I do miss them and have never had much of a relatio ...[text shortened]... ship with any of them. But they did this to us because of our beliefs, we never abondonend them.
    Families beset by conflict and problems; it's always sad to hear about. Your mother's family shunning her and disowning her over a religious matter, that sound rough. How can people do that? But your faith in Jesus prevents you from falling into self-pity, right? You won't be casting yourself as the victim, I take it. Your faith empowers you. Your faith makes people want to emulate your confidence, your gusto, your generosity of spirit; isn't that how it works? It sounds to me like whether you have given up anything or not to serve Jesus, it is relatively insignificant when placed alongside all you have gained from it.
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Nov '12 23:49
    Originally posted by FMF
    Families beset by conflict and problems; it's always sad to hear about. Your mother's family shunning her and disowning her over a religious matter, that sound rough. How can people do that? But your faith in Jesus prevents you from falling into self-pity, right? You won't be casting yourself as the victim, I take it. Your faith empowers you. Your faith makes p ...[text shortened]... rve Jesus, it is relatively insignificant when placed alongside all you have gained from it.
    Oh yes and I have gained so much my friend. I now have over 8 million brothers and sisters and cousins and aunts and uncles all over the earth that would give their life for me in a second and I can't say that about any of my real relatives at all.
    So no for your info I am not a victim at all. I'm more rich with family now then I ever would have been.

Your really stuck on some issue's of being a victim aren't you? Do you have those issues in your life and past? Maybe?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Nov '12 23:53
    Your really stuck on some issue's of being a victim aren't you? Do you have those issues in your life and past? Maybe?
    I don't see myself as a victim at all. I never have. It's not part of my psychological make up. But one can't help but notice that you cast yourself in the role of victim. Frequently.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Nov '12 23:55
    Oh yes and I have gained so much my friend. I now have over 8 million brothers and sisters and cousins and aunts and uncles all over the earth that would give their life for me in a second and I can't say that about any of my real relatives at all.
    Do you think family members shunning each other and disowning each other over religious matters is something to be condemned?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Nov '12 23:561 edit
    So no for your info I am not a victim at all. I'm more rich with family now then I ever would have been. ...[text shortened]... issue's of being a victim aren't you? Do you have those issues in your life and past? Maybe?
    Are you going to respond to my post Galveston?

What have you personally given up to serve Jesus?
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    06 Nov '12 00:03
    Originally posted by FMF
    I don't see myself as a victim at all. I never have. It's not part of my psychological make up. But one can't help but notice that you cast yourself in the role of victim. Frequently.
    Exactly how have I done that? I've only stated facts on a result of me being a JW.
    I'm not sad or depressed about anything. In fact I'm a very happy person and I'm very happy about my life. So you really don't have a clue on that issue.
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    06 Nov '12 00:04
    Originally posted by FMF
    Do you think family members shunning each other and disowning each other over religious matters is something to be condemned?
    It depends on the circumstances and you know that. Not all answers are given a yes or no answer with, not matter how much you'd like that.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree