What would you say?

What would you say?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
15 May 23

@kellyjay said
You know this how?
Science, logic.

Take your pick.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 May 23

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Science, logic.

Take your pick.
Start with science.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 May 23

@rajk999 said
The extent of your delusion is truly amazing. Others are seeing how utterly insane your reasoning is and yet you continue on. Your church has completely removed your brain.
You by your own admission say that you use the words of man to correct others about the Word of God. You use by your own admission everything you know about Jesus from the words of man, or you make it up as you go proclaiming the truth of God out of your heart.

When I quote scripture it is the written word of God, you reject it if you don’t like what it says and use it when you do.

Deceitful and false are your accusations and opinions. You do seem to have a cheering section of Anti-Christ rooting for you.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
15 May 23

@kellyjay said
You by your own admission say that you use the words of man to correct others about the Word of God. You use by your own admission everything you know about Jesus from the words of man, or you make it up as you go proclaiming the truth of God out of your heart.

When I quote scripture it is the written word of God, you reject it if you don’t like what it says and use it wh ...[text shortened]... our accusations and opinions. You do seem to have a cheering section of Anti-Christ rooting for you.
You are seriously delusional. Where have I ever " .... use the words of man to correct others about the Word of God .. " ? In the decades I have been here I have only promoted the teachings of Christ, and reminded people that Jesus said to follow and keep the commandments, as this is the way to the Kingdom of God.

You on the other hand promote a faith only doctrine and advise that the keeping of commandments to be avoided as it is trying to earn ones salvation [whatever that means].

Even the people who do not share your beliefs, accept that these teachings of Christ are worth keeping and the lifestyle Jesus promoted represents an admirable one worth emulating. Clearly these people are closer to the Kingdom of God than you church goers.

Moves
15 May 23

@kellyjay said
Start with science.
Nothing in the scientific world supports the notion of life after death.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 May 23

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Nothing in the scientific world supports the notion of life after death.
So nothing in the scientific world supports it, so it can not be part of reality. What is the logical evidence or lack thereof that you have?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 May 23

@rajk999 said
You are seriously delusional. Where have I ever " .... use the words of man to correct others about the Word of God .. " ? In the decades I have been here I have only promoted the teachings of Christ, and reminded people that Jesus said to follow and keep the commandments, as this is the way to the Kingdom of God.

You on the other hand promote a faith only do ...[text shortened]... one worth emulating. Clearly these people are closer to the Kingdom of God than you church goers.
The Bible is the Word of God or man? You have spoken on this before, but correct me if I misunderstood you.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
15 May 23
1 edit

@kellyjay said
The Bible is the Word of God or man? You have spoken on this before, but correct me if I misunderstood you.
Something is missing from your ability to understand. The scripture referred to in the days of Jesus and the Apostles was the Septuagint. After that, over the last 2000 yrs man has added to it and removed from it, resulting is many different versions. Many churches have even produced their own version of the bible and changed the wording to match their doctrine. In the days of the Apostles, many had the Holy Spirit and they wrote accounts of what transpired in those days, and anyone reading these had a clearer and more complete picture of those events.

The Word of God is Jesus Christ. The word of God comprises all the writings produced by men with the Holy Spirit. Some of the writings are included in the bible produced by men. People who require a more complete picture of those events read more than what man has put into the bible.

Moves
16 May 23

@kellyjay said
The Bible is the Word of God or man?
You yourself have acknowledged that the bible is NOT the inerrant, complete and exclusive word of god.

Here:
https://www.redhotpawn.com/forum/spirituality/attributes-of-god.195809/page-10#post_4617123

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 May 23

@divegeester said
You yourself have acknowledged that the bible is NOT the inerrant, complete and exclusive word of god.

Here:
https://www.redhotpawn.com/forum/spirituality/attributes-of-god.195809/page-10#post_4617123
Liar

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 May 23

@rajk999 said
Something is missing from your ability to understand. The scripture referred to in the days of Jesus and the Apostles was the Septuagint. After that, over the last 2000 yrs man has added to it and removed from it, resulting is many different versions. Many churches have even produced their own version of the bible and changed the wording to match their doctrine. In the day ...[text shortened]... who require a more complete picture of those events read more than what man has put into the bible.
Nothing is missing, I've been talking about the written Word of God and you are saying it was changed to the words of man. So when you quote the Bible you are according to you quoting the word of man, deceiving others and yourself. I'm well aware Jesus is the Word of God made flesh, where do I get that information not from the word of man, but the written Word of God, deceiver.

F

Moves
16 May 23

@kellyjay said
Liar
What is found at the link makes you the liar, not divegeester. You have become one of the most prominent low-integrity posters on this forum.

F

Moves
16 May 23

@kellyjay said
So nothing in the scientific world supports it, so it can not be part of reality.
So nothing in the scientific world supports [life after death], so it can not be part of reality.

It's not part of objective reality, no. But you can speculate subjectively about it if you choose to. Your belief in life after death is a matter of faith.

Moves
16 May 23

@kellyjay said
So nothing in the scientific world supports it, so it can not be part of reality. What is the logical evidence or lack thereof that you have?
Logically, if nothing in the scientific world supports the notion of life after death there is no reason to postulate that it forms part of reality. Life after death is scientifically and logically unsupported by any kind of tangible evidence.

You might as well be claiming that flying elephants exist. The onus is on you to prove the claim. All I can do is point to the fact that flying elephants are unproven by all scientific evidence and that the notion falls outside of logic.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 May 23

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Logically, if nothing in the scientific world supports the notion of life after death there is no reason to postulate that it forms part of reality. Life after death is scientifically and logically unsupported by any kind of tangible evidence.

You might as well be claiming that flying elephants exist. The onus is on you to prove the claim. All I can do is point to ...[text shortened]... flying elephants are unproven by all scientific evidence and that the notion falls outside of logic.
Really, if we cannot look at it with science it must not be real, sounds strangely familiar to your scientific explanation, you are just circulating back to it. I guess you got nothing for something you wish to deny and that is good enough for you.