1. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Sep '14 22:58
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    John 13: 34 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”

I would say before anyone starts telling each other how wrong or bad they
    are have they done this first? Can people tell you actually love those here,
    or not? If you are just mouthing doctrine and not walking the walk, who
    cares what you believe?
    Kelly
    If someone is quoting the Bible or making statements which they claim to be Biblical it is the recommended approach to ask them for supporting references and failing that to let them know that their doctrine is wrong. How can discussing doctrine ever be something wrong? Are you insane?
  2. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    22 Sep '14 23:09
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    If someone is quoting the Bible or making statements which they claim to be Biblical it is the recommended approach to ask them for supporting references and failing that to let them know that their doctrine is wrong. How can discussing doctrine ever be something wrong? Are you insane?
    This forum can generate quite heated exchanges. I think Kelly's point is that it is important to remember fellowship when debating doctrine.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    22 Sep '14 23:12
    Did I direct that at you or anyone else? I pointed US to the words of Jesus
    Christ saying we need to love one another. If you cannot do that, what good
    is your faith?
    Kelly
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Sep '14 23:18
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    This forum can generate quite heated exchanges. I think Kelly's point is that it is important to remember fellowship when debating doctrine.
    Im not too sure about this fellowship business. Many here condemn the teachings of Christ, they openly condemn good works and righteousness, of which Christ spoke at length.

Christ said, those who follow his commandments are his brothers and sisters and mother and father etc. Those who follow Him.. as opposed to those who talk.

John said those who live righteously are of Christ and are like Christ. Those who do not bring the doctrine of Christ are antichrist and are deceivers.

Judging by how many Christians use derogatory expressions to refer to the teachings of Christ Im not sure if I would consider any of them brothers in Christ.

I am happy to list a couple here who have repeated similar doctrines along the lines of what Christ preached .. Caljust and Pudgenik. The rest of the Christians I know of here are not preaching or believing in what Christ taught.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Sep '14 23:19
    Did I direct that at you or anyone else? I pointed US to the words of Jesus
    Christ saying we need to love one another. If you cannot do that, what good
    is your faith?
    Kelly
    What exactly did I do that made you say that?
  6. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    23 Sep '14 00:20
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    If you ask a Muslim what is important in their religion then my experience is that one will get a simple answer: "Allah is God and Mohammed is his Prophet.". Hardly any muslims post here, if any are reading then please forgive me if I have it wrong and correct what I've said.

The vast majority of theists who post here are Christian, so for all the Ch ...[text shortened]... religions contributed. Possibly atheists might like to give a central tenet that they live by.
    Love God with all your heart, Love God with all your mind, Love God with all your strength. And love your neighbor as yourself.

Note# The name of God is ilrelivant. If a man loves God; J.W., Muslim, Christian, Jew, etc. what does it matter of a name. God is still God.
  7. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    23 Sep '14 00:23
    John 13: 34 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”

I would say before anyone starts telling each other how wrong or bad they
    are have they done this first? Can people tell you actually love those here,
    or not? If you are just mouthing doctrine and not walking the walk, who
    cares what you believe?
    Kelly
    Well said Jay Kelly
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Sep '14 01:05
    Here you make two statements which to the uneducated eye, seem to come straight out of the Bible.

[b]The Pharisees' righteousness was based on their actions.

Jesus is advocating a righteousness that is based on faith in what He did for us.

Do you have the supporting references for them?[/b]
    I repeat, I have already done this and you ignore it.
    You wouldn't understand the truths of the bible if you were hit on the head with them.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Sep '14 02:54
    What exactly did I do that made you say that?
    "How can discussing doctrine ever be something wrong? Are you insane?"

I was simply pointing to how we are to conduct our lives, not sure why
    you said that!
    Kelly
  10. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    23 Sep '14 05:48
    This one?

[i]This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers o ...[text shortened]... to follow Christ commandments.

Sounds a lot like Paul is talking of you and your OSAS group.
    Sounds a lot like Paul is talking of you and your OSAS group.

I'm almost afraid to ask, but what is my OSAS group? Has Obama been messing around with my HMO again?
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Sep '14 08:39
    "How can discussing doctrine ever be something wrong? Are you insane?"

I was simply pointing to how we are to conduct our lives, not sure why
    you said that!
    Kelly
    How does your comment fit into the thread?
    Are you saying that you comment is out of place then?
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Sep '14 08:40
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    I repeat, I have already done this and you ignore it.
    You wouldn't understand the truths of the bible if you were hit on the head with them.
    I take it there is no real supporting references for your statements then?
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Sep '14 10:511 edit
    And for you YECs = All Religion.

You are not right in your heal pal. You are a non-religious extremist.
    Just because I would love for a virus to come out that stops people from being religious, you call me an extremist🙂

Seriously, I am just a talking extremist maybe, but I do think humanity will only start to mature as a race if religion is taken off the table as a ruling factor in our lives.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Sep '14 11:30
    How does your comment fit into the thread?
    Are you saying that you comment is out of place then?
    I felt my comment fit rather nicely, it is about what is important! I believe
    it went with the very first thing I said too. If you cannot love those around
    you, those that do you wrong, those that do not measure up, what good
    is your faith?
    Kelly
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Sep '14 15:26
    I take it there is no real supporting references for your statements then?
    You really have a comprehension issue don't you?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree