What's important?

What's important?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
02 Oct 14

Originally posted by FMF
Do you think describing people who have different beliefs from you as having "intellects [that] resort to wilful blindness" has any effect on them or are you perhaps just preening for the benefit of "the choir"?
Limited to nil effect on those you describe in this forum; my focus has been and still is on those without hope of eternal life.

F

Moves
02 Oct 14

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Limited to nil effect on those you describe in this forum; my focus has been and still is on those without hope of eternal life.
Do you think the presentation of your "focus" works? You yourself mentioned "intellect". Is your trademark tendency towards proselytising by way of pompous fridge magnet/bumper sticker style pronouncements the result of an "intellectual" process on your part?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
02 Oct 14
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Do you think the presentation of your "focus" works? You yourself mentioned "intellect". Is your trademark tendency towards proselytising by way of pompous fridge magnet/bumper sticker style pronouncements the result of an "intellectual" process on your part?
A believer in Christ's sole responsibility toward those who are interested is to provide accurate salvation information.

F

Moves
02 Oct 14
1 edit

A believer in Christ's sole responsibility toward those who are interested is to provide accurate salvation information.
I am curious as to whether you sincerely believe your particular style of supposedly "[providing] accurate salvation information" is [1] actually effective or that it is perhaps alienating (and sometimes risible), and whether your particular style [2] has an "intellectual" basis or rationale, or is simply self-centred and emotional. You strike me as one of the least effective proselytisers on this forum. I am curious as to whether you reflect upon the possibility.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
02 Oct 14
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
I am curious as to whether you sincerely believe your particular style of supposedly "[providing] accurate salvation information" is [1] actually effective or that it is perhaps alienating (and sometimes risible), and whether your particular style [2] has an "intellectual" basis or rationale, or is simply self-centred and emotional. You strike me as one of the leas ...[text shortened]... effective proselytisers on this forum. I am curious as to whether you reflect upon the possibility.
God the Holy Spirit [Executive of Salvation] provides timely information to all unbelievers who are seeking the truth.

"For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God." (Romans 3:23)

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten [uniquely born] Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world; but that the world should be saved through Him. He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name [person] of the only begotten [uniquely born] Son of God." (John 3:16-18)

"Believe in the Lord Jesus and you shall be saved. " (Acts 16:31a)

"For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast." (Ephesians 2:8-9)

"He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him." (John 3:36)

"He who hears My word and believes Him who sent me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment but has passed out of death into life." (John 5:24)

"I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me shall live even if he dies, and everyone who believes in Me shall never die." (John 11:25-26a)

"And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire." (Revelation 20:15)

"There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death." (Romans 8:1-2)

F

Moves
02 Oct 14

God the Holy Spirit [Executive of Salvation] provides timely information to all unbelievers who are seeking the truth.
Is your fridge magnet/bumper sticker approach effective do you think? Has it ever been a success here at RHP? Can your chosen approach be said to be the product of your "intellect" [you yourself raised the "intellect" aspect, after all]?

F

Moves
02 Oct 14
1 edit

Originally copied from somewhere and then pasted by Grampy Bobby
"For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God." (Romans 3:23)

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten [uniquely born] Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world; but that the world should be saved through Him. He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name [person] of the only begotten [uniquely born] Son of God." (John 3:16-18)

"Believe in the Lord Jesus and you shall be saved. " (Acts 16:31a)

"For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast." (Ephesians 2:8-9)

"He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him." (John 3:36)

"He who hears My word and believes Him who sent me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment but has passed out of death into life." (John 5:24)

"I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me shall live even if he dies, and everyone who believes in Me shall never die." (John 11:25-26a)

"And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire." (Revelation 20:15)

"There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death." (Romans 8:1-2)

But this is merely a lengthy copy paste that does not address my question.

F

Moves
02 Oct 14

Is your blank-out-the-question, avoid-genuine-discussion, copy-paste-a-lengthy-text approach effective? Are you serving your God figure in the most effective way that you can?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
02 Oct 14

Originally posted by FMF
Is your blank-out-the-question, avoid-genuine-discussion, copy-paste-a-lengthy-text approach effective? Are you serving your God figure in the most effective way that you can?
"Do not rant. Ranting is defined here as a style of post that comes across as a political broadcast or an angry protest that does little to progress the discussion or to involve other posters. Such postings often feel like an intrusion into the general debate, regardless of the validity of the points being made." Help : forumguide (Final Paragraph)
Please respect DeepThought's Original Post topic which is not another RHP Member's personality or posting style. Thanks.
Originally posted by DeepThought (OP)
If you ask a Muslim what is important in their religion then my experience is that one will get a simple answer: "Allah is God and Mohammed is his Prophet.". Hardly any muslims post here, if any are reading then please forgive me if I have it wrong and correct what I've said.

The vast majority of theists who post here are Christian, so for all the Christians here what in your opinion is most important in your religion. As a lapsed Anglican I can provide my own answer, but in some ways it's from the outside and I'm interested to see the weighting other people give.

It would be interesting for us all I think if people from other religions contributed. Possibly atheists might like to give a central tenet that they live by.

F

Moves
03 Oct 14
1 edit

Please respect DeepThought's Original Post topic which is not another RHP Member's personality or posting style. Thanks.
If you detect anger then you are completely misreading the questions that you are dodging. The motivation is one of curiosity and reflection on what's important to a person purveying what they see to be spiritual ideas.

The OP title is "What's important?" and you have suggested that "A believer in Christ's sole responsibility toward those who are interested is to provide accurate salvation information". But do you reflect on how effective or perhaps counter-productive your attempts to "provide accurate salvation information" are?

It would seem to me that the answer to "What's important?" in your case is not so much the content, but it is delivering it in a rather bromide bumper sticker style whilst eschewing engagement and acting is if you are "immune to human criticism".

The question then remains, in answer to "What's important?" in your case, does your self-regard and carefully calculated sanctimonious (and seemingly insincere) tone in fact trump your desire to deliver "spiritual" messages effectively? So. What's important? It's the thread title, after all.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
03 Oct 14

Please respect ...
Please respect the desire of others for silence.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
03 Oct 14

Originally posted by wolfgang59
This is a debate forum. Your obtuse post is meaningless, therefore nil and void.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
03 Oct 14

Originally posted by FMF
If you detect anger then you are completely misreading the questions that you are dodging. The motivation is one of curiosity and reflection on what's important to a person purveying what they see to be spiritual ideas.

The OP title is "What's important?" and you have suggested that "A believer in Christ's sole responsibility toward those who are interested ...[text shortened]... eliver "spiritual" messages effectively? So. What's important? It's the thread title, after all.
",..does your self-regard and carefully calculated sanctimonious (and seemingly insincere) tone in fact trump your desire to deliver "spiritual" messages effectively?"

What a load!

F

Moves
03 Oct 14

Originally posted by josephw
What a load!
Say what you want. But when Grampy Bobby said "Christianity isn't a religion made by man, dependent on the observance of rituals without reality; it's a relationship, acquired by faith alone in Christ alone. It's much too simple a proposition for those whose intellects resort to willful blindness" it seemed clear to me that he was just preening himself whilst preaching to the choir rather than making any genuine attempt to transmit his religion's message.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
04 Oct 14

Originally posted by wolfgang59
"Left of centre politics, infidel (formerly atheist), liberal and general believer in fair play and "live and let live". @wolfgang59