1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Sep '10 12:143 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    [b]... It WAS a loaded question, therefore it was not a straight question. It would have been easier to ask the question without loading it, so you went out of your way to do so. Do you think that deceitful tactics such as that actually gains you anything? Or is it just such a firmly entrenched part of your character? You' stead of taking cheap shots.

Spot on. This should be re-posted on the Debates Forum.[/b]
    I think that you have both taken the same class in debating. Simply throw railing accusations, refuse to answer questions, and demonize the opposition while standing back and watching the hilarity ensue. Of course, the down side to this tactic is that you put yourself on a self righteous pedistal and then wonder why people try to nock you off of that pedistal. In fact, could FMF and TOO be the same poster?

My question to you is, why is TOO so consumed with attacking Christianity rather than other religions? Obviously, TOO has had some personal issues against Christians. In fact, if Paul himself were here TOO would probably favor stoning him as a heritic.
  2. Standard memberElevator
    Long John
    Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Sep '10 13:21
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    The purpose in life is to love the Lord with all your heart, mind , soul, and strength and to love your neighbor as yourself.
    Just one question :

how can a chield that dies after a few days

"love the Lord... and his neighbor as himself"?

He does not have the chance to do good, neither to sin...

but goes straigth to heaven, right ?

Does not seem fair to me...
  3. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    12 Sep '10 14:13
    Not sure how this fits with my post. Care to elaborate?
    You're not sure how my response fits your post? Really? Let's consider the myriad possibilities together then, shall we?

As you are wont to do, you've asked a loaded question. I'd suggest you ask a straight one, but history has shown you to be next to incapable of making an honest post.

Your post had but two sentences, yet it was pregnant with inferences, charges and insults--- all directed away from you, despite your record for acting in the exact same manner as described!

Your consistent methodology has been to ask loaded questions. Pot: black.
    A casual review of your posts reveals your intransigence toward others, despite their appeals to an imagined better character. Pot: black.
    Throughout your time on this forum, you've yet to display transparency regarding your beef(s) against Christianity in addition to refusing to answer point-blank questions which would otherwise resolve the issue. Pot: black.

Unless I'm missing more, that should pretty much cover it. Whatcha got?
  4. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    12 Sep '10 23:00
    Originally posted by Elevator
    Just one question :

You should meet with some Christians that have lost children like that. They have awesome testimonies.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Sep '10 23:10
    Originally posted by Elevator
    Just one question :

he shall be resurrected in the resurrection.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    13 Sep '10 12:14
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    You're not sure how my response fits your post? Really? Let's consider the myriad possibilities together then, shall we?

As you are wont to do, you've asked a loaded question. I'd suggest you ask a straight one, but history has shown you to be next to incapable of making an honest post.

Your post had but two sentences, yet it was pre ...[text shortened]... . Pot: black.

...said the kettle 🙂
  7. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    13 Sep '10 13:502 edits
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    If we compare the Revelation to the scripture of Nostradamus, we can find very much similarities. Not in details, but in how the visions are presented.
    Furthermore, we can see similarities of how the symbolsims is interpreted.

If you have the opinion that the relevations is symbolially is true, then you can safely have similar opinion that the scripture of Nostradamus is equally true.

I think neither is true.
    I doubt that there are major similarities between Revelation and Nostradamus.

Now I have not studied in detail Nostradamus writings. But I know he came AFTER the writing of the book of Revelation. So I would not be surprised if he imitated certain aspects of it.

Anyway, I firmly believe that trying to lump Nostradamus together with the Bible is only an attempt to neutralize the troublesome Bible.

Nostradamus does not convict people of their sins. And the Bible does. And that is what people rationalize to get away from. Which is unfortunate because the forgiveness and the Savior comes along with the conviction of the Holy Spirit.
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    13 Sep '10 21:371 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    Ok then, which religion is the most Christ-like? Is it Hinduism, Islam, Judism etc.?
    Evidently it was too much to ask for you to address the germane points of my post. I don't really have an opinion as to "which religion is the most Christ-like" or why anyone would for that matter. What does this question have to do with my post?
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    13 Sep '10 21:391 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    [b]... It WAS a loaded question, therefore it was not a straight question. It would have been easier to ask the question without loading it, so you went out of your way to do so. Do you think that deceitful tactics such as that actually gains you anything? Or is it just such a firmly entrenched part of your character? You' stead of taking cheap shots.

Spot on. This should be re-posted on the Debates Forum.[/b]
    Feel free, though I don't know what good it would do as it seems to have done little good here.
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    13 Sep '10 22:143 edits

Your post had but two sentences, yet it was pre . Pot: black.

Your post seems to be largely unfounded accusations wrapped in mischaracterizations that don't really have much to do with my statements addressed to W. It's as if the point were to just make as many accusations as you could think up without regard to my statements to W or to fact. Nevertheless I'll address them.

Your post had but two sentences, yet it was pregnant with inferences, charges and insults--- all directed away from you, despite your record for acting in the exact same manner as described!

Go back and read through my posts. I was having a discussion with ATC to which W responded with question that was not only loaded, but off-topic as well. I pointed it out to him. This is just a fact. If you go back and read through discussions I've had with W on other threads, you'll also see where I've documented the dishonesty in W's posts time and again, post after post after post. This is also a fact.

Your consistent methodology has been to ask loaded questions. Pot: black.

If this is true, you should have no problem documenting it.

A casual review of your posts reveals your intransigence toward others, despite their appeals to an imagined better character. Pot: black.

What does this have to do with my statements to W? Also, I suspect you don't know what "intransigence" means. Also, seems like "appeals to an imagined better character" have been few and far between as opposed to the cheap shots.

Throughout your time on this forum, you've yet to display transparency regarding your beef(s) against Christianity in addition to refusing to answer point-blank questions which would otherwise resolve the issue. Pot: black.

Once again, what does this have to do with my statements to W? From a post on 9/8 to W: "I point out where Christianity follows the teachings of those other than Jesus. I also speak against the hypocrisy of Christians such as yourself." I've been quite "transparent" about this. This is just false.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Sep '10 13:39
    Evidently it was too much to ask for you to address the germane points of my post. I don't really have an opinion as to "which religion is the most Christ-like" or why anyone would for that matter. What does this question have to do with my post?
    If you don't have an opinion as to which religion represents Christ the best, why then do you spend all your time attacking Christianity?
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Sep '10 13:40
    Go back and read through my posts.
    When we do we see endless attacks against Christians. If not, show us those other posts TOO.
  13. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    14 Sep '10 18:24
    [b]Oh I see that, of course.

This is what I was responding to in particular:
    [quote]I spent several years following the teachings of Christ, really quite devoutly, but ultimately, I felt, rather pointlessley. I felt no enlightenment, no divinity, no illumination whatsoever, but I did encounter what seemed like an endless parade of hypocrites and r ...[text shortened]... e teachings of Christ" as opposed to the teachings of Christianity?[/b]
    Perhaps 'popular' was a poor choice of word. In my view Paul took a belief system which could not easily have been condoned by any political authority and transformed it into one which was ideally suited to use as a tool of control.

As for the latter question, I can't really say. I'm not sure that there is such a thing as 'spiritual truth'.
  14. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    14 Sep '10 18:28
    Without a shred or hint of apology for sounding trite...

"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you."
    I did and it wasn't, I did and I didn't, I did and it wasn't. A couple of years of meditation helped me rather more, however.
  15. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    14 Sep '10 18:30
    Originally posted by whodey
    Whom do you see following the teachings of Christ other than yourself? Do Muslims?
    And there, Whodey, you demonstrate exactly what I was talking about.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree