1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Feb '21 12:362 edits
    @FMF
    Your hope [for immortality] is based on a book that declares itself to be true, then.

My hope is in a PERSON. This Person is unsearchably rich. His value is infinite and His preciousness is fathomless. He is inexhaustible.
    With Him is everything including eternal life and a new heaven and new earth. That is not to mention righteousness, holiness, glory and victory.

No one can compete with this Person Jesus.
    No one can compare with this Person Jesus.

And yes - "Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him. " (Prov. 30:5)
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Feb '21 12:42
    @sonship said
    @FMF
    Your hope [for immortality] is based on a book that declares itself to be true, then.

My hope is in a PERSON. This Person is unsearchably rich. His value is infinite and His preciousness is fathomless. He is inexhaustible.
    With Him is everything including eternal life and a new heaven and new earth. That is not to mention righteousness, holines ...[text shortened]... Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him. " (Prov. 30:5) [/b]
    Yes, I know you believe these things. But it still comes from a book that declares itself to be true.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Feb '21 13:075 edits
    @FMF
    Yes, I know you believe these things. But it still comes from a book that declares itself to be true.

Yes, I am very fortunate to believe these things. Sometimes I can hardly believe that I DO believe these things. Sometimes after arguing with smart unbelieving people I bow my head and thank God that He has given me the ability to believe in the resurrected Christ the Son of God.

Yes, this book written over a period of 16 centuries by 40 diverse authors declares itself to be the true word of God.

Some circularity is there because He is the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End. Christ is the one of whom it says - "Because out from Him and through Him and to Him are all things." (Rom. 11:36a)

Yes, some circularity with ultimate truth exists, I feel.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Feb '21 14:42
    @sonship said
    Yes, I am very fortunate to believe these things. Sometimes I can hardly believe that I DO believe these things. Sometimes after arguing with smart unbelieving people I bow my head and thank God that He has given me the ability to believe in the resurrected Christ the Son of God.
    And yet, there is that deeply depraved moral darkness at the very heart of what you say you are "fortunate to believe".
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Feb '21 14:53
    @FMF
    deeply depraved moral darkness at the very heart

What are the top two or three deeply depraved moral dark things about Jesus ?
    I continually point people here to Jesus.

I'll make it easy for you. Just take, let us say, the sermon on the mount from Matt. chapter 5 - 7 and specify the "deeply depraved moral darkness" you see there about Jesus.

And if you bow out and instead try to make me the issue, I always point people here not to me but to Christ. YOU try to get me to justify me and talk all about me.
    I point people to Jesus.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Feb '21 14:58
    @sonship said
    @FMF
    deeply depraved moral darkness at the very heart

I continually point people here to Jesus.

I'll make it easy for you. Just take, let us say, the sermon on the mount from Matt. chapter 5 - 7 and specify the "deeply depraved moral darkness" you see there about ...[text shortened]... me but to Christ. YOU try to get me to justify me and talk all about me.
    I point people to Jesus.
    You are really dense as a rock.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Feb '21 14:581 edit
    @sonship said
    Your torturer God ideology. The supposed supernatural revenge for not believing the same things as you say you are "fortunate to believe". You cannot escape the fact that it underpins and poisons everything you claim about Jesus.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Feb '21 15:01
    @sonship said
    I'll make it easy for you. Just take, let us say, the sermon on the mount from Matt. chapter 5 - 7 and specify the "deeply depraved moral darkness" you see there about Jesus.
    I admire the Sermon on the Mount.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Feb '21 15:02
    While we wait for FMF to highlight his TOPMOST deep, depraved, dark, moral decadence about Jesus, there is something more about the church marrying Christ.

The Bible closes with an expression "And the Spirit and the Bride say Come".

Normally we would think to couple the Bride and the Bridegroom. Here it says "the Spirit and the Bride" because the Bridegroom Christ is the Spirit indwelling the people of God.

Christ, the Bridegroom of this universal couple is the life within the spouse - the Spirit of Christ as her Husband is living within the Wife - the Bride - New Jerusalem.

I am expecting FMF to pounce on the fact that I paraphrased him with the word "decadence". He may say I am making things up because I did not quote him exactly.

ANYWAY "The Spirit and the Bride say, Come! And let him who hears say, Come! And let him who is thirsty come; let him who wills take the water of life freely." (Rev. 22:17)
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Feb '21 15:071 edit
    @FMF
    I admire the Sermon on the Mount.

Then what other record of the life or words of Jesus Christ do you pronounce upon them the judgment of -
    " deeply depraved moral darkness at the very heart of what you say " about Jesus Christ?

Or are you just announcing some grandstand ad hom about me there?

I try to write to point people to Jesus.
    Now if you have someone else who does a better job, then go listen to that person. No need to waste time with me if I discourage you.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Feb '21 15:09
    It seems sonship is just going to pretend that I didn't answer his question.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Feb '21 15:11
    @fmf said
    It seems sonship is just going to pretend that I didn't answer his question.
    I tell you the man is dense. You need to spell it out for him.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Feb '21 15:131 edit
    @sonship said
    While we wait for FMF to highlight his TOPMOST deep, depraved, dark, moral decadence about Jesus, there is something more about the church marrying Christ.

The Bible closes with an expression "And the Spirit and the Bride say Come".

Normally we would think to couple the Bride and the Bridegroom. Here it says "the Spirit and the Bride" because the Brideg ...[text shortened]... And let him who is thirsty come; let him who wills take the water of life freely." (Rev. 22:17) [/b]
    The Spirit {Christ], and the Bride [New Jerusalem],
    is calling out to the Saints [Guests at the Marriage Feast]
    to drink from the tree of Life.

They are calling out to and welcoming the Saints in Christ, who are invited guests to drink of the tree of life. Like in a traditional human wedding, the bride and goom welcome the guests and invite them to the wedding feast.

The Guests are not the Bride. Got it?
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Feb '21 15:21
    Rajk999 is really short sighted.

People's relationship with the Triune God can have varied aspects to it.

ie.
    1.) virgins presented to Christ
    2.) guests at a wedding.
    3.) collectively the bride at the wedding
    4.) sons of God
    5.) collectively a habitation of God in spirit
    6.) a temple for God
    7.) a Wife of Christ
    8.) a Body for Christ
    9.) brothers of Christ
    10.) sons and daughters of God
    11.) servants of God
    12.) priests to God

The Bible speaks of God's saved people from different angles.
    Guests at the wedding feast is one. And a corporate Bride at that same wedding feast is another.

The cardinal rule of Rajk999 - Always find a way to disagree with sonship's speaking of any aspect of Christ's salvation.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Feb '21 15:43
    @sonship said
    Rajk999 is really short sighted.

People's relationship with the Triune God can have varied aspects to it.

ie.
    1.) virgins presented to Christ
    2.) guests at a wedding.
    3.) collectively the bride at the wedding
    4.) sons of God
    5.) collectively a habitation of God in spirit
    6.) a temple for God
    7.) a Wife of Christ
    8.) a Body for Christ
    9.) brothers of Christ
    10 ...[text shortened]... ]Always[/i] [/b] find a way to disagree with sonship's speaking of any aspect of Christ's salvation.
    Actually you are lying. You have never spoke of salvation through Christ, except to condemn what Christ said about who gets eternal life in the Kingdom of God.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree