Why are White Christians so racist?

Why are White Christians so racist?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Jan 22

@fmf said
If you do not know Ehrman's faith journey, don't project stuff that suits you onto him. This is another "Trilobites Moment" for you, I think.
And you do know it?

Based on what? What he said?

F

Moves
19 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
No, Christianity is based on the New Testament.
Christianity is the sum total of what Christian say and do and think even as they espouse the ideology laid out in the New Testament

F

Moves
19 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
And you do know it?

Based on what? What he said?
However hard you may try, I am not going to base my knowledge of Ehrman on what you say.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Jan 22

@fmf said
Absolutely. Yes.
Glad to see you saying that.

‘cause anything self-described Christians have done seems like small potatoes next to atheists murdering 250 million people in a single century.

Glad to have you on record saying that.

F

Moves
19 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Do you say Islam is a religion of violence based on all the suicide bombers who kill for allah?
I say political and faith-inspired violence certainly forms part of what Islam is in the real world.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Jan 22

@fmf said
Christianity is the sum total of what Christian say and do and think even as they espouse the ideology laid out in the New Testament
Totally disagree.

Christianity is based on the New Testament - nothing more.

I understand why an atheist wants Christianity to be based on the actions and behavior of fallible men, but that’s not what it’s based on.

F

Moves
19 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Glad to have you on record saying that.
I said it to you several times when it came up in 2018. I put it "on record" 10-12 years ago and have said it repeatedly since.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Jan 22

@fmf said
I say political and faith-inspired violence certainly forms part of what Islam is in the real world.
Glad to have you on record saying this as well.

Not that you could do otherwise, given the corner you painted yourself into.

F

Moves
19 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Totally disagree.

Christianity is based on the New Testament - nothing more.
Christianity is a collective noun referring to Christians.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Jan 22

@fmf said
I said it to you several times when it came up in 2018. I put it "on record" 10-12 years ago and have said it repeatedly since.
And now you’re bringing up 2018 and starting to whizz in the pool.

You always do that when you’re losing an argument and starting to feel flustered and upset.

F

Moves
19 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Glad to have you on record saying this as well.
I have been citing the political and faith-inspired violence ~ that's part of what Islam is ~ for many years.

F

Moves
19 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Not that you could do otherwise, given the corner you painted yourself into.
Any "corner" you perceive is in your imagination only.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Jan 22

@fmf said
I have been citing the political and faith-inspired violence ~ that's part of what Islam is ~ for many years.
Okey dokey, smoky.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Jan 22

@fmf said
Any "corner" you perceive is in your imagination only.
Whatever you say, sailor

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
19 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Ok, I guess you can explain how life came from non-life and mindlessness came from consciousness and how something came from nothing (assuming you don’t believe the universe is eternal.)

As far as the Gospels are concerned, I can just as easily produce sources that say they’re credible and trustworthy, but I’m not going down that rabbit hole. Let people who are interested do the research themselves.
No I can't explain the origins of life and consciousness. It is not necessary to have a correct answer to a question to discern one that is incorrect.

If you can find a source which addresses the issues raised in the source I posted and still manages to sound credible in attributing the authorship of the Gospels to the named disciples, please post it.