Why are White Christians so racist?

Why are White Christians so racist?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
19 Jan 22

@vivify said
So after over 160 posts, no one will answer why white Christians are so full of vile racist, and why they've oppressed and hated virtually every other race on this planet.

None of these White Christians conservatives will answer for their religion.

Shouldn't have expected anything more.
Why just 'white' Christians? All the things you have said so far I've seen occurring with other ethnicities, the human race is composed of many different people types, and we are all equally flawed since we are all human, the same people. As soon as you singled out 'one race' for your rant, you became a racist; the very thing you seem to dislike, you became one. If all you are seeing is the color of someone's skin to criticize them for things others have done who share the same color, what separates you from members of the KKK who did that with people of color? You and the KKK are both looking at a race, not people, not individuals.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
19 Jan 22

@vivify said
Interesting how even though I never said "all white Christians", that was enough for other Christians to accuse me of racism. Yet they don't hold that same standard for Trump. AKA: hypocrisy.

Here's an easy question: if Trump *didn't* call Mexican immigrants drug-addled rapists, what was his reason for building a wall on the Mexican border? Because he though so highly o ...[text shortened]... any kind of racial equality.

And there's a reason why Trump's largest base are white Christians.
You didn't say "all white" is a distinction without a difference; you said 'white' which didn't include all of the other possible color combinations; you also didn't distinguish some 'whites,' implying not all behaved that way from the rest you were all-inclusive.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
19 Jan 22
1 edit

@fmf said
Christianity is the sum total of what Christian say and do and think even as they espouse the ideology laid out in the New Testament
Christianity is Jesus Christ; what people say and do with Him is on them. Our opinions don't change reality; just because someone hates white people or people of color doesn't mean all these people are hated for a good cause. They turned individuals into a mindless faceless mass as a target for hate, all because of what someone else did the whole get condemned by them.

F

Moves
19 Jan 22
3 edits

@kellyjay said
Christianity is Jesus Christ; what people say and do with Him is on them.
I disagree. The term "Christianity" refers to all the people who share certain core beliefs about Jesus Christ. Christianity is you KellyJay and Pope Francis, pro-choice people like Suzianne, Benny Hinn, sonship, Eastern Orthodox people, Methodists, Women priests, Jesuits, Baptists, Eladar, gay Anglican bishops, evangelicals who support Trump, divegeester, Mother Theresa's successors, Episcopalians, Rajk999, TV evangelists, nuns and monks of various orders, Pentecostals, millions and millions of churchgoers, millions and millions who don't go to church, and so on. All those people, collectively, equals Christianity.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
19 Jan 22

@fmf said
I disagree. The term "Christianity" refers to all the people who share certain core beliefs about Jesus Christ. Christianity is you KellyJay and Pope Francis, pro-choice people like Suzianne, Benny Hinn, sonship, Eastern Orthodox people, Methodists, Women priests, Jesuits, Baptists, Eladar, gay Anglican bishops, evangelicals who support Trump, divegeester, Mother Theresa's succ ...[text shortened]... and millions who don't go to church, and so on. All those people, collectively, equals Christianity.
At heart is Jesus Christ; I'm just a follower of Him; I don't speak for all Christians; I am just a guy.

F

Moves
19 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
At heart is Jesus Christ; I'm just a follower of Him; I don't speak for all Christians; I am just a guy.
There is no Christian on Earth one would ask to "speak for all Christians". Did the post you were responding to make you think I was asking you to?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
19 Jan 22

@fmf said
There is no Christian on Earth one would ask to "speak for all Christians". Did the post you were responding to make you think I was asking you to?
This isn't much different from the racist mindset; all Christians can be judged by 'some Christians' voices, while I'm telling you it's Jesus Christ who is the cornerstone, not any one Christian. We have a hateful poster here who condemns all Christians who go to church; he knows nothing about them as individuals, only that they go to church; it is the same thing with racists, they know nothing of individuals; they only see the color, or sexist, it removes our individuality for something that a broad paintbrush replaces.

F

Moves
19 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
This isn't much different from the racist mindset; all Christians can be judged by 'some Christians' voices
All Christians can be judged by 'some Christians' voices? Who's said this? You're making stuff up.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
19 Jan 22

@fmf said
All Christians can be judged by 'some Christians' voices? Who's said this? You're making stuff up.
Didn't you say Christianity is and then give a list? Don't these people have voices?

F

Moves
19 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
Didn't you say Christianity is and then give a list? Don't these people have voices?
They all have voices. There is no Christian on Earth we could ask to use their voice on behalf of all Christians. All Christians certainly cannot be judged by 'some Christians' voices. How can you claim this stance "isn't much different from the racist mindset"?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Jan 22

@fmf said
They all have voices. There is no Christian on Earth we could ask to use their voice on behalf of all Christians. All Christians certainly cannot be judged by 'some Christians' voices. How can you claim this stance "isn't much different from the racist mindset"?
But don’t Catholics do that with the Pope?

F

Moves
19 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
But don’t Catholics do that with the Pope?
Don't Catholics do what?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Jan 22
1 edit

@fmf said
Don't Catholics do what?
I was referring to this sentence from you:

<<There is no Christian on Earth we could ask to use their voice on behalf of all Christians.>>

when I said, “Don’t Catholics do that with the Pope?”

In other words, don’t Catholics view the Pope as an intermediary between God and man?

F

Moves
19 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
In other words, don’t Catholics view the Pope as an intermediary between God and man?
I don't think so, no. And anyway, what I said was: "There is no Christian on Earth we could ask to use their voice on behalf of all Christians." Catholics are not ALL Christians by any stretch of the imagination. Furthermore, there is no Catholic on Earth we could ask to use their voice on behalf of all Catholics. It sounds to me like you know very little about the Catholic church and how much diversity there is among its 1.3 billion adherents.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Jan 22
1 edit

@fmf said
I don't think so, no. And anyway, what I said was: "There is no Christian on Earth we could ask to use their voice on behalf of all Christians." Catholics are not ALL Christians by any stretch of the imagination. Furthermore, there is no Catholic on Earth we could ask to use their voice on behalf of all Catholics. It sounds to me like you know very little about the Catholic church and how much diversity there is among its 1.3 billion adherents.
I know enough to know that many of their beliefs, customs and practices contradict the Holy Bible.