1. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 Jul '18 19:50
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    Since you don’t believe the entire Bible is trustworthy, how do you know which parts you can trust?
    Jesus Christ has the words of eternal life.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Jul '18 20:20
    I have a feeling this thread is going to run and run.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    01 Jul '18 21:131 edit
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Jesus Christ has the words of eternal life.
    You realize Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John wrote the gospels? Luke also wrote Acts, John wrote several other books including Revelation, so why would you treat these guys recollection of Jesus words over doctrine given by the Holy Spirit? What the Holy Spirit shares will never contradict anything that the Father or Son say!
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 Jul '18 21:37
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    You realize Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John wrote the gospels? Luke also wrote Acts, John wrote several other books including Revelation, so why would you treat these guys recollection of Jesus words over doctrine given by the Holy Spirit? What the Holy Spirit shares will never contradict anything that the Father or Son say!
    What for example
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    01 Jul '18 23:29
    The bible, like any other non-fiction book should checked by cross-refrencing.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Jul '18 02:09
    What for example
    "Jesus Christ has the words of eternal life."

Jesus is the Word of God made flesh, the enlightenment of this followers with the Holy Spirit
    is no less from God.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Jul '18 02:43
    "Jesus Christ has the words of eternal life."

Jesus is the Word of God made flesh, the enlightenment of this followers with the Holy Spirit
    is no less from God.
    I dont understand your point. Can you make your point of view clear?
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Jul '18 03:351 edit
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    I appreciate your honestly.

Presumably therefore, you must accept that it is possible to be a Christian and not accept the whole Bible as trustworthy?
    My faith was and still is a growing faith.
    So yes.

That is not an invitation to purposely work at being sectarian.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Jul '18 03:491 edit
    Originally posted by @sonship
    My faith was and still is a growing faith.
    So yes.
    You believe it is possible to be a Christian and not yet accept that the bible is fully trustworthy...

gosh, I am very surprised that you hold to this view, especially in the context that you will never openly discuss if your own favoured doctrines, the trinity and eternal suffering for examples, and whether they are essential for salvation/to be a Christian. Which are essentially just interpretations within the Bible itself.

I suspect there will be several posters here who will want to take this up with you, but I doubt if you will be subjected to the abuse I get for questioning, shall I say, sacred truths.

Good for you for being so open and I’m interested in discussing this further with you.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Jul '18 03:52
    Originally posted by @velns
    I don’t carry a strong opinion on this topic but I do remember you describing your all or nothing experiences in a Christian cult and I therefore find myself very surprised to see you propsosing the same cultish philosophy in your approach to the bible.
    An interesting post, which I note with interest that dj2becker hasn’t responded to.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Jul '18 03:56
    It is not what we accept but Jesus us?
    Sorry I don’t understand this part of your post.

Are you also suggesting that it is possible to be a Christian and not accept the whole Bible as trustworthy? I think you are, please confirm.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Jul '18 05:10
    You believe it is possible to be a Christian and not yet accept that the bible is fully trustworthy...

gosh, I am very surprised that you hold to this view, especially in the context that you will never openly discuss if your own favoured doctrines, the trinity and eternal suffering for examples, and whether they are essential for salvation/to be a C ...[text shortened]... uths.

Good for you for being so open and I’m interested in discussing this further with you.
    Been there. Done that.
    Not expecting any different outcomes.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Jul '18 06:12
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Been there. Done that.
    Not expecting any different outcomes.
    Good discussion topic.

While you were already a Christian; which parts of the bible was it that you didn’t consider trustworthy that you later came to accept as being trustworthy?
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Jul '18 09:13
    I dont understand your point. Can you make your point of view clear?
    I doubt it, since when you read words directly disproving something you believe you ignore
    them.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Jul '18 09:331 edit
    Sorry I don’t understand this part of your post.

Are you also suggesting that it is possible to be a Christian and not accept the whole Bible as trustworthy? I think you are, please confirm.
    Our accepting everything everyone else believes isn't important, it is being accepted by
    Jesus Christ, and I mean that happening NOW in this life, being given God's Spirit, and
    with that, that we love one another. When we are with God and God's love is our
    purpose in what we do the small stuff should remain small stuff. The fruit of the Spirit will
    be evident if we are walking loving each other as we are called too, we will be fulfilling
    all that the Lord requires, you always treat those you actually love with the kindness they
    need. The Lord Himself needs to be in our lives to make this happen, it isn't something
    we can earn or through human effort become.

If we are not, it will be evident too, by the fruit of our lives will have all the ear marks of
    living in the flesh as hate and not doing the good we should.

The Bible is trustworthy, I think until you realize that much of it will seem to be odds with
    other parts of it. The obvious answer to you question however will be it will depend on
    what parts are accepted and what are rejected. I have no doubt it will NOT be a big deal
    on how old the earth is, but if you justify hating those around you, yea, you and God are
    having issues. Finding God in Jesus Christ is of utmost importance, not just believing in
    Him, but finding Him, even the devil believes in Jesus it isn't going to do Him any good at
    all. He calls us to take His yoke upon us and learn of Him, this isn't done from a distance
    but this life, it is also the very best part of life, since He can take us through all the trials
    of this life, both the good and bad.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree