1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Oct '14 23:001 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    God's design after life is past, is to destroy the uncorrected.
    Corrective dealings have not done them any good.
    And nothing has so hardened them against repentance as the rejection of Christ.

Corrective punishment is put away and Destructive punishment will be their lot. Their influence on others will not be tolerated to continue. Administering kindness and patience has only hardened the sinner. The offer that they be viewed by the Legislator of the universe that as if never having sinned at all was jeered at and spurned. Their poison will not be allowed to spread to others in the world to come.

Warning has failed. God will show that He loves righteousness and hates iniquity. If there are laws and threats attached warning of the breaking of those laws, those consquences cannot be a paper posturing. They must be executed. He must be a Righteous Governor.

He will not prove to be a careless faker.
    He will prove to mean what He has patiently warned of with mercy and tolerance. Now the uncorrected sinner has been hardened by God's longsuffering. The character of God as Creator and King will fall upon him since His character as Savior has been rejected.

The saved will glorify God with their endless happiness. But the lost will glorify Him with their endless woe. They will be hung out in chains of punishment as an example to deter other worlds. That punishment is designed to deter others from like guilt is evidenced so often in the Bible.

In the one and only theocratic society, the stubborn son who would not be corrected wast to be stoned. The harsh penalty was [b]"So shall you put away the evil from you, and all Israel shall hear and fear." (Deut. 21:21; 27:13; 19:20).

God bears long with iniquity. He will not bear with it forever. In the end a display of the terrors of His just wrath fails, after hope is over, after mercy is past.

Destruction then is not the loss of being. It is the loss of well-being.
    The welfare of the offender is then hopeless. The welfare of the saved is consulted by their destruction.

Four mentions of "destruction" and four mentions of "punishment". No mention of "torture" and no mention of "eternity". You are either carefully evading the point in the OP ~ like a spin doctor ~ or you actually do not understand the reason why your ideology in this matter deserves to be held in contempt.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 Oct '14 23:011 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    This is a call to all those Christian's here who believe that non-Christians will be tortured for eternity in a burning hell-lake. It's one thing to accept that there is a 2nd death, after all most people have already accepted their 1st death, so the 2nd one, while obviously being a bit of a "damn, those Christians were right after all" moment, is ...[text shortened]... fear ASAP.

What are you doing posting here? You should be out screaming at people!

GO...
    I could send you to a certain street corner near downtown Tucson where the "street evangelists" (and the insane) would spend time shouting at the cars passing by to "REPENT FOR THE END IS NEAR" and such. Once I sat at the opposite corner and listened to one young man scream himself hoarse. As soon as he could not raise his voice above a whisper, sure enough there was another perfectly willing to take his place and continue the monologue. And yes, this "hellfire and brimstone" was a popular topic.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    22 Oct '14 23:231 edit
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Surely an eternity burning in hell is preferable to 1 month of listening to Christians harp on about their crap?
    Maybe eternity burning in hell is atheists listening to atheists harping on about their own crap.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Oct '14 23:24
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    If this is a Monopoly Game in jest, my apology for misreading your interest in Lake of Fire. Should I pass "GO..." again, please earmark the $200 Salary collected for any non-subscribers who may wish to upgrade their status. Thank you.
    Is this attempted put down an example of the "emotionalism" that you ~ on another current thread ~ are claiming you rise above and oppose?
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    22 Oct '14 23:37
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    And only special people like you know the "Truth"?

Why is that?

Why have you been chosen?
    You got it all wrong. It's special people like you that know the truth.

You know there's no God. So what's the big deal?

Why am I chosen? To be honest, I've ask myself that many times. The truth is we don't really choose God. God chooses us. God finds us. We're the ones that are lost after all! How does a lost person find God? They don't.

God will find you when you realize you're lost. Until then you will remain lost.
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    22 Oct '14 23:45
    I'm a Christian; feel free to explain "the truth"...
    Why don't you stop feeding me YOUR ideas and start producing the evidence from the Word of God that supports your contention that those cast into the lake of fire won't remain there for all eternity.
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    22 Oct '14 23:50
    Originally posted by FMF
    Is this attempted put down an example of the "emotionalism" that you ~ on another current thread ~ are claiming you rise above and oppose?
    Why do you feel the need to say it was a "put down" and misrepresent the meaning and intent of Bobby's post?

Is that your attempt at a put down?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Oct '14 00:011 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    Why do you feel the need to say it was a "put down" and misrepresent the meaning and intent of Bobby's post?
    What I had in mind was the scoffing analogy with a Monopoly Game, the suggestion that divegeester's demonstrably genuine "interest" is "in jest", and the facetious mention of non-subscribers upgrading their RHP accounts with Monopoly money. It seemed to me to be an example of the "emotionalism" that Grampy Bobby claims to be against elsewhere. If it was not an attempted put down, maybe you can tell me what it was?
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    23 Oct '14 02:25
    Are you "shouting in the street" grampy bobby?
    Still on 1st Street; things are rather quiet around Mediterranean and Baltic. Besides there's a Jail at the corner of 2nd Street.
  10. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    23 Oct '14 02:59
    Still on 1st Street; things are rather quiet around Mediterranean and Baltic. Besides there's a Jail at the corner of 2nd Street.
    So, which are you more scared of Gaol or God?
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    23 Oct '14 03:17
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    So, which are you more scared of Gaol or God?
    "Gaol": Scottish? DT, I have a reverential awe for God and His Divine Integrity as well as respect for laws of establishment.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Oct '14 04:48
    Originally posted by josephw
    Why don't you stop feeding me YOUR ideas and start producing the evidence from the Word of God that supports your contention that those cast into the lake of fire won't remain there for all eternity.
    I've done this many times across many threads.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Oct '14 04:512 edits
    originaly posted by sonship
    "...But the lost will glorify Him with their endless woe. They will be hung out in chains of punishment as an example to deter other worlds."

Do any other Christians here subscribe to sonship's statement about those in eternal punishment being:
    "hung out in chains of punishment as an example to deter other worlds"?
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    23 Oct '14 07:22
    originaly posted by sonship
    [b]"...But the lost will glorify Him with their endless woe. They will be hung out in chains of punishment as an example to deter other worlds."

Do any other Christians here subscribe to sonship's statement about those in eternal punishment being:
    "hung out in chains of punishment as an example to deter other worlds"?[/b]
    Haven't a clue as to its meaning or source.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Oct '14 07:31
    Haven't a clue as to its meaning or source.
    I think sonship's recent personal insights are a revelation into the reality of his bizarre perspective of personal forgiveness and the purpose of eternal suffering.

Clearly he believes that there are observers on "other worlds" who will also be witnessing this eternal burning of billions of people. Who these being are, where they are and how they will observe this holocaust level warning will no doubt be revealed by him at some point.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree