1. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    23 Oct '14 10:05
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Surely an eternity burning in hell is preferable to 1 month of listening to Christians harp on about their crap?
    spot on bro
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    23 Oct '14 11:07
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I've done this many times across many threads.
    Point to an example. Surely you can muster it up given the level of passion you express here in this thread.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    23 Oct '14 11:11
    Originally posted by FMF
    What I had in mind was the scoffing analogy with a Monopoly Game, the suggestion that divegeester's demonstrably genuine "interest" is "in jest", and the facetious mention of non-subscribers upgrading their RHP accounts with Monopoly money. It seemed to me to be an example of the "emotionalism" that Grampy Bobby claims to be against elsewhere. If it was not an attempted put down, maybe you can tell me what it was?
    Maybe you're just taking it too seriously. Seems Bobby was only being creative. Why you feel the need to use negative buzz words to describe his post only goes to show how biased you are against anything Christian.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Oct '14 11:26
    Originally posted by josephw
    Maybe you're just taking it too seriously. Seems Bobby was only being creative. Why you feel the need to use negative buzz words to describe his post only goes to show how biased you are against anything Christian.
    I thought it was a pompous put down. If you thought it was creative, then good for you. I think it's just one of his devices to snuff out discussion or dissent and so insulate himself from having to engage sincerely.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Oct '14 11:322 edits
    Point to an example. Surely you can muster it up given the level of passion you express here in this thread.
    Most my posts to you, you ignore. Suddenly, now, I'm at your beck and call, is that it?
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Oct '14 11:42
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Have you never heard of the "Hellfire and Brimstone" Preachers?
    I don't hear much of them anymore either, maybe they are becoming extinct.
    Or maybe the message is more subtle now?
    They have all gone to THEIR special hell๐Ÿ™‚
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    23 Oct '14 11:43
    Originally posted by redbadger
    spot on bro
    Ya, spot on! Spot on the topic. What a contribution to the debate you brought to the table! Spot on. Genius.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Oct '14 11:43
    Your diatribe completely misrepresents the truth of God's Word on the subject.
    So there is no hell? No fire and brimstone for unbelievers?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Oct '14 11:48
    Why you feel the need to use negative buzz words ...
    Look ~ on the Negative Volition thread ~ at the "negative buzz words" Grampy Bobby is trying to attach to people who disagree with him ~ look at the words he has thrown onto the table... negative ... detest ... self importance ... out of focus ... appear smarter than you are ... confused ... deflection ... distortion ... disruptive ... ideological ... misquotation ... personal attack ... online behaviours ... defensively ... offensively ... symptoms of emotionalism ... and you're here quibbling the use of the words "put down" to describe Grampy Bobby's attempt to give divegeester the flick [and dodge him] by describing his dissent as being "in jest"?
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    23 Oct '14 11:551 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Most my posts to you, you ignore. Suddenly, now, I'm at your beck and call, is that it?
    Having an emotional meltdown dive?

If I ignored your posts perhaps I was away for a day or two. Did you consider that? Do you hear me whining when you don't reply to every post I make?

No one is at my beck and call. The Bible is the final authority on the topic of eternal life or eternal judgement. Your belief, if as you say you are a Christian, must be founded on the truth of God's Word. All I'm asking is that you produce the proof texts for your contention that those who are cast into the lake of fire don't remain there for eternity.

How difficult can that be? Do you think I relish the idea that people will suffer in the lake of fire? The idea is repulsive. I'm not so sure it's true. But it is without a doubt that the Bible says those who are judged out of the books of works are cast into the lake of fire. What do you think I'm supposed to do with that? Ignor it?
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    23 Oct '14 11:59
    Originally posted by FMF
    Look ~ on the Negative Volition thread ~ at the "negative buzz words" Grampy Bobby is trying to attach to people who disagree with him ~ look at the words he has thrown onto the table... negative ... detest ... self importance ... out of focus ... appear smarter than you are ... confused ... deflection ... distortion ... disruptive ... ideological ... misquotati ...[text shortened]... empt to give divegeester the flick [and dodge him] by describing his dissent as being "in jest"?
    You use the same words as does everyone else.

It would be nice for a change to see you speak to the topic of the thread once in a while.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Oct '14 12:021 edit
    You wish.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Oct '14 12:09

If I ignored your posts perhaps I was away for a day or two. Did you consider that? Do you hear me whining when you don't reply to every post I make?

No one is at my beck and call. The Bible is the final authority on the topic of eternal life or eternal judgement. Your belief, if as you say you are a Christian, must b ...[text shortened]... works are cast into the lake of fire. What do you think I'm supposed to do with that? Ignor it?
    I'm happy to get into this (all over again) if you wish.

My first contention is that this horrible lie about our god is unsubstantiated. If it was substantiated everyone would accept it as being so. But it isn't.

Furthermore, the belief is not a requirement for salvation and not a requirement for leading the normal Christian life (except sonship who finds it helps him with forgiving those people who mistreat him, apparently).

So if it is unsubstantiated, unnecessary and actually off-putting to people interested in the gospel, then why propagate it?

Secondly, it goes against the revealed nature of God throughout the Bible and contradicts many passages and scriptures such as John 3:16 and of course psalm 136.

To me this disgusting sleight on our Lord is so obviously wrong that I find it incomprehensible that anyone can accept it.

There's a start.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Oct '14 12:27
    It would be nice for a change to see you speak to the topic of the thread once in a while.
    I have 'spoken' extensively about what I see as the morally depraved "eternal torture" ideology .
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Oct '14 12:421 edit

No one is at my beck and call. The Bible is the final authority on the topic of eternal life or eternal judgement. Your belief, if as you say you are a Christian, must b ...[text shortened]... works are cast into the lake of fire. What do you think I'm supposed to do with that? Ignor it?
    All I'm asking is that you produce the proof texts for your contention that those who are cast into the lake of fire don't remain there for eternity.

Here is a start...๐Ÿ™‚

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

God offers every person a choice between two things: everlasting life and everlasting death. We can live forever or we can “perish.” Not burn forever—perish, that is, come to an end, be completely destroyed. Romans 6:23 tells us the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is everlasting life. The choice is death or life. This choice between life and death is set before people in verses throughout the entire Bible. There is not one verse that says the choice is everlasting life or everlasting torment. “Eternal torment” is not in the Bible, it does not fit with what we know about God, and it does not make sense. All through the Bible, God is the God of justice, and in the civil laws in Exodus through Deuteronomy, God commands that the punishment always fits the crime. There is no “overkill” in the justice of God: the punishment is always appropriate. But that would certainly not be the case if unbelievers burned forever. What crime could a human possibly commit in a lifetime that the just and fitting punishment would be burning forever? The lake of fire is specifically called “the second death” (Rev. 20:14) because the unsaved people who are thrown into it burn up and die. [5]

Our Choice

Everlasting Life

(John 3:16)

Everlasting Death

(Rev. 20:14)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree