Why Did Jesus Cleanse the Temple?

Why Did Jesus Cleanse the Temple?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
19 Mar 18

Originally posted by @secondson
You just can't face the truth of Romans 3:28 can you?

It's so clear. "Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law."

Just too big of a leap for you I guess.

If you're not to afraid of going blind read carefully Ephesians 2:8-10.
Notice verse 10 and how it says that the works we should walk in we're before ...[text shortened]... race.
Not your faith.
Not your works.

Just keep on boasting though and violate God's Word.
Saved from their sins. in Ephesians 2
Justified by God.by their faith
Inherit the Kingdom of God in Ephesians 5, becuase of their good works and righteousness
Three different things.
There are some saved and justified who will not see the Kingdom of God.
Why .. they lived unrighteously and did no good works

Do not quote one verse and think that gives you any understanding

Read the whole book of Ephesians

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
19 Mar 18

Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
I do read the bible. You assume too much
Then walk according to its truth. Don't presume to know something about Jesus you didn't learn from the Bible.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
19 Mar 18

Then walk according to its truth. Don't presume to know something about Jesus you didn't learn from the Bible.
I learnt it from life

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
19 Mar 18

Originally posted by @rajk999
The many thousands who wee baptized by John the baptist
The many thousands who listened to Jesus and believed at the Sermon on the Mount.

You want all their names?
So you think that John's baptism and listening to the sermon on the mount saved people?

No one is saved who's sins aren't washed in the blood of Jesus. Nowhere in scripture is anyone saved apart from faith in Christ.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
19 Mar 18

Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
Its the way the Christian church has turned religion into the biggest scam around.
Its all down to interpretation .

Trust no one , question everything
All religions are a scam. The Bible talks about a relationship, not religion.

Maybe if you really do read the Bible you'll learn that, but that's no guarantee, I mean, just look at Rajk. He's got religion big time.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
19 Mar 18

So you think that John's baptism and listening to the sermon on the mount saved people?

No one is saved who's sins aren't washed in the blood of Jesus. Nowhere in scripture is anyone saved apart from faith in Christ.
Their names are written in the book of life. You want to say Christ was wrong?

Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven. (Luke 10:20 KJV)

Seventy disciples who knew nothing of the death and resurrection of Christ. Saved is not eternal life in the Kingdom of God. You do not understand what saved means.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
19 Mar 18

All religions are a scam. The Bible talks about a relationship, not religion.

Maybe if you really do read the Bible you'll learn that, but that's no guarantee, I mean, just look at Rajk. He's got religion big time.
I belong to no religion.
You do.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
19 Mar 18

Saved from their sins. in Ephesians 2
Justified by God.by their faith
Inherit the Kingdom of God in Ephesians 5, becuase of their good works and righteousness
Three different things.
There are some saved and justified who will not see the Kingdom of God.
Why .. they lived unrighteously and did no good works

Do not quote one verse and think that gives you any understanding

Read the whole book of Ephesians
I've read the Bible at least a hundred times, and passages and verses thousands of times. And I'll read God's Word forever and never plumb its depths.

I can tell by the things you say that your comprehension of the scriptures is under par. In fact, I can tell by the way you run from a few simple verses that you're scared to death by them.

You've built your whole theology around a performance based system of belief thinking that you're doing God a favor by doing the deeds of the law, which you can't do anyway, and if you say you do keep the law perfectly, which you would need to do in order to have the righteousness necessary to enter the kingdom of God, you would be lying.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
19 Mar 18

I belong to no religion.
You do.
I belong to my Father in heaven, and what I have is a relationship with Him because my faith is in His son who died for me.

John 6:28&29
Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
¶ Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

Get to work Rajk.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
19 Mar 18

I've read the Bible at least a hundred times, and passages and verses thousands of times. And I'll read God's Word forever and never plumb its depths.

I can tell by the things you say that your comprehension of the scriptures is under par. In fact, I can tell by the way you run from a few simple verses that you're scared to death by them.

You've bui ...[text shortened]... do in order to have the righteousness necessary to enter the kingdom of God, you would be lying.
Yep .. resort to nonsense personal attacks, when you have no rebuttal to this :

The point is that Paul explains who is SAVED in Ephesians 2
He explains who inherits the Kingdom of God in Ephesians 5

The difference is good works and righteousness.
Saved born again Christians who do not qualify will not inherit the Kingdom of God.

Hundreds of times you read the Bible and did not figure that out?
Go read it a hundred times more.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
19 Mar 18

I belong to my Father in heaven, and what I have is a relationship with Him because my faith is in His son who died for me.

John 6:28&29
Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
¶ Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

Get to work Rajk.
Where does the bible speak of a relationship with God. There is nothing like that because your relationship with others prove what relationship you have with God

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
19 Mar 18

Yep .. resort to nonsense personal attacks, when you have no rebuttal to this :

The point is that Paul explains who is SAVED in Ephesians 2
He explains who inherits the Kingdom of God in Ephesians 5

The difference is good works and righteousness.
Saved born again Christians who do not qualify will not inherit the Kingdom of God.

Hundreds of times you read the Bible and did not figure that out?
Go read it a hundred times more.
Quote the verses Rajk.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
19 Mar 18

Where does the bible speak of a relationship with God. There is nothing like that because your relationship with others prove what relationship you have with God
"Where does the bible speak of a relationship with God."

Did Jesus have a relationship with God. Did Jesus not call God His Father?

You referred to the sermon on the mount earlier. Did Jesus not teach how to pray to God? "Our Father who art in heaven..."

Doesn't that qualify as a relationship? Father and son?

Wasn't Abraham called the friend of God? Isn't that a relationship?

You see Rajk, there's your problem. You obviously don't have a relationship with God, which is what God has accomplished, according to the truth of God's Word, by sending His son to die for your sins, but you're hung up on keeping the law instead of walking in grace.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
19 Mar 18

[b]"Where does the bible speak of a relationship with God."

Did Jesus have a relationship with God. Did Jesus not call God His Father?

You referred to the sermon on the mount earlier. Did Jesus not teach how to pray to God? "Our Father who art in heaven..."

Doesn't that qualify as a relationship? Father and son?

Wasn't Abraham called the ...[text shortened]... His son to die for your sins, but you're hung up on keeping the law instead of walking in grace.[/b]
Jesus had a relationship with God because he was righteous and was obedient
Abraham had a relationship with God because he was righteous and was obedient.

If they were not obedient and followed Gods wishes then they would have nothing

You see Secondson, there's your problem. You obviously don't have a relationship with God, becuase you constantly decry good works and obedience to God.

You are like sonship and promote mouth worship and lip service

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
19 Mar 18

Quote the verses Rajk.
I started a thread Pauls letter to the Ephesians.
Read it.