Why Did Jesus Cleanse the Temple?

Why Did Jesus Cleanse the Temple?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
21 Mar 18

Originally posted by @rajk999
What did Paul say about who inherits eternal life in the Kingdom of God? It is interesting that you completely ignore what Paul is saying when he speaks of the Kingdom of God.

Like a typical misguided church Christian you boast :
- Im saved
- I believe in Christ resurrection
- I have the Holy Spirit
- I have eternal life.

BUT you ignore what Pa ...[text shortened]... ys about how one actually inherits the Kingdom of God.

Why are you not addressing this point?
Strong's Number G2816 matches the Greek κληρονομέω (klēronomeō), which occurs 22 times in 17 verses in the Greek concordance of the KJV.

I don't know why you're saying I'm ignoring anything.

Let's examine what inheritance means and how it is obtained.

For example: Revelation 21:5-8
And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
¶ And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death. (embolden mine)

"He that overcometh..."

Was does that mean?

Look at 1 John 5:4&5
For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.
Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

Jesus Christ won the victory. We believe that. That is our faith. That's how we overcome the world.

Look at these verses. Galatians 5:2-5
This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?
Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain.
¶ He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

We are saved by grace through faith, and it is by faith that we walk the walk and the victory that Jesus procured for us is ours, by faith.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
21 Mar 18
2 edits

Originally posted by @secondson
Strong's Number G2816 matches the Greek κληρονομέω (klēronomeō), which occurs 22 times in 17 verses in the Greek concordance of the KJV.

I don't know why you're saying I'm ignoring anything.

Let's examine what inheritance means and how it is obtained.

For example: Revelation 21:5-8
And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things ...[text shortened]... is by faith that we walk the walk and the victory that Jesus procured for us is ours, by faith.
You can believe in Jesus all you want BUT the acid test of faith and belief is RIGHTEOUSNESS AND GOOD WORKS. Failure to follow Christ and do his commandments means that the belief is VOID... THE FAITH IS DEAD.

Paul was crystal clear that not all Christians would pass this test and went to great lengths to explain the consequences to the Christian Saints who are saved and born again, that they need to live righteously and refrain from sin. Overcomers MUST live righteously otherwise the consequences is eternal damnation Jesus was clear about that in Revelation in his statement to the seven churches. All the Apostles said the same thing.

Dont for one minute think that one can profess faith and automatically overcome. Neither is there any guarantee that the Holy Spirit in Chrsitians will force them to live righteously. Paul made statements about all these scenarios because Chrsitians have been ignoring the commandments of Christ from the earliest days of the Christian church.

Its Faith
Its Obedience
Its Righteousness
THEN its overcoming.
Otherwise there is eternal death.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Mar 18

You can believe in Jesus all you want BUT the acid test of faith and belief is RIGHTEOUSNESS AND GOOD WORKS. Failure to follow Christ and do his commandments means that the belief is VOID... THE FAITH IS DEAD.

Paul was crystal clear that not all Christians would pass this test and went to great lengths to explain the consequences to the Christian Saints ...[text shortened]... Faith
Its Obedience
Its Righteousness
THEN its overcoming.
<<Don't for one minute think that one can profess faith and automatically overcome. Neither is there any guarantee that the Holy Spirit in Chrsitians will force them to live righteously. Paul made statements about all these scenarios because Chrsitians have been ignoring the commandments of Christ from the earliest days of the Christian church.>>

A “profession of faith” and believing in Jesus Christ and His Resurrection in one’s heart are two different things.

The Holy Spirit, when indwelling a new believer, makes that person righteous (in right standing with God) and changes his or her heart and, consequently, behavior. You have absolutely no idea if everyone Paul was addressing had genuinely accepted and believed in Jesus Christ and His Resurrection, and if some were still living a lifestyle of sin, that is evidence they had not.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
21 Mar 18

Paul was crystal clear that not all Christians would pass this test and went to great lengths to explain the consequences to the Christian Saints ...[text shortened]... Faith
Its Obedience
Its Righteousness
THEN its overcoming.
Romans 10:10
For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

2 Corinthians 5:21
For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Romans 4:5&6
But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,

2 Corinthians 5:17-21
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
¶ Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.
For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

You talk and talk and talk. I think you're the one with the mouth-worship issue.

You work and work and work, but you can never earn grace, and it's by grace through faith that one receives the free gift of eternal life.

You know Rajk, I hate to say it, but you'd make a great spokesman for Satan as an accuser of the brethren. Sorry, but that's what you sound like.
Be honest. I bet you didn&#039;t even read the verses above.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
21 Mar 18

Romans 10:10
For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

2 Corinthians 5:21

Romans 4:5&6
But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his f ...[text shortened]... 's what you sound like. [hidden]Be honest. I bet you didn't even read the verses above.[/hidden]
I dont need to read all the details of your references. I know them all.

Good luck to you.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Mar 18
1 edit

I dont need to read all the details of your references. I know them all.

Good luck to you.
How can you know them when you mock people for reading the Bible?

And it’s interesting Bible verses to you are “details.”

You reveal yourself more and more every day. No wonder you and ToO agree with each other so often.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Mar 18
2 edits

You know Rajk, I hate to say it, but you'd make a great spokesman for Satan as an accuser of the brethren. Sorry, but that's what you sound like.

And like Satan the accuser, we believers overcome him also by "the word of [our] testimony" (Rev. 12:11).

Of course to the word of our testimony, Rajk999 further accuses - "Mouth worship! Mouth worship!"

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
22 Mar 18

Originally posted by @sonship

And like Satan the accuser, we believers overcome him also by [b]"the word of [our] testimony" (Rev. 12:11)

Of course to the word of our testimony, Rajk999 further accuses - "Mouth worship! Mouth worship!"[/b]
Ironically, rajk is probably the biggest mouth worshipper in this forum. He claims to follow Jesus yet mocks people who read the Bible and go to church, claims faith in Jesus is unnecessary for salvation, ignores Jesus’ numerous statements where He identifies as God, puffs out his chest like a Pharisee as he condemns other people to hell while - at the same time! - saying only Jesus knows who is going to heaven and hell, and on and on.

rajk and ToO are two peas in a pod. But ToO is a straight-up atheist; rajk is just mixed up.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
22 Mar 18

And like Satan the accuser, we believers overcome him also by [b]"the word of [our] testimony" (Rev. 12:11)

Of course to the word of our testimony, Rajk999 further accuses - "Mouth worship! Mouth worship!"[/b]
The word of YOUR testimony?

Why did you not quote the whole verse?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
22 Mar 18

Rajk may be the only Christian who knows what he's talking

That is not what is going on.
There is in his teaching an element of worldly philosophy which attracts those of the world.

The world hears him because so much of his teaching is made up of the world's philosophy.

John warned the believers about this [b]"spirit ...[text shortened]... e's telling you the worldly Christ-less philosophy you want to hear. He even flatters atheists.
Rajk has no fear
He stands by his posts

Who are you going against exactly
You think you have Rajk pegged but you dont know what 'pegged' means

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
22 Mar 18

I'm beginning to have a greater appreciation for the plight Paul must have had to contend with when dealing with the judaizers of his day.

It's no wonder Paul twice pronounced anathema against anyone that would add to the cross a work necessary for salvation.

As for Rajk, I'm fairly certain he is aware of what he's doing, which tells me he's really nothing more than a forum troll.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
22 Mar 18
3 edits

I'm beginning to have a greater appreciation for the plight Paul must have had to contend with when dealing with the judaizers of his day.

It's no wonder Paul twice pronounced anathema against anyone that would add to the cross a work necessary for salvation.

As for Rajk, I'm fairly certain he is aware of what he's doing, which tells me he's really nothing more than a forum troll.
You, like many Christians do not understand what the work of the cross was about ... sad to say. If you take it that the work of the cross means
- no more work for you and
- eternal security of salvation regardless of what you do in your life,
then you are taking the work of the cross to mean that you can sin all you want and still get eternal life

According to Paul those Christians like you are ENEMIES OF THE CROSS, and those who do this do not inherit the Kingdom of God.

WORK in the Vineyard of Christ is what Christians should be about, and this includes good works and righteousness. FAILURE = DEATH

Troll ? I dont know what the word means, neither do I ever use that word.
All my posts contain vital information about eternal life.
That is what I am about. Nothing else.
If you cannot see that then you are not one of Christ sheep

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
23 Mar 18
1 edit

The word of YOUR testimony?

Why did you not quote the whole verse?
I put [our] in there because of the tense I was quoting in.
OF COURSE it is written "the word of their testimony."

The word of [our] testimony means our personal experience of the truths God's appropriated by faith. His word stood upon becomes out testimony.

In your stupidity you call this "mouth-worship".

You say you don't like to ever talk about your experience. So you wouldn't know much about "the word of their testimony" anyway.

Your reluctance to speak of your experience seems false humility to cover up your poverty of experience and/or unbelief. "Don't do as I do. Do as I SAY do."

But I agree that it is good to quote the whole passage.

"And I heard a loud voice in heaven saying, Now is come the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God and the authority of His Christ, for the accuser of our brothers has been cast down, who accuses them before our God day and night.

And they overcame him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their testimony, and they loved not their soul-life even unto death." (Rev. 12:10,11)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
23 Mar 18
1 edit

Most of the words about the cross of Christ are about self denial - termination of the old self.

I think if you got a concordance and looked up all the New Testament references to "cross", I think you would see emphasis more on termination of the old self, more than the redeeming blood.

That is crucial to full salvation. Otherwise we may think of forgiveness as the only end in itself. But don't get annoyed that I mentioned that.

Rajk999 is a trip, a bad one.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
23 Mar 18

I put [our] in there because of the tense I was quoting in.
OF COURSE it is written [b]"the word of their testimony."

The word of [our] testimony means our personal experience of the truths God's appropriated by faith. His word stood upon becomes out testimony.

In your stupidity you call this "mouth-worship".

You say you don't like to ever ...[text shortened]... r testimony, and they loved not their soul-life even unto death." (Rev. 12:10,11) [/b] [/quote][/b]
The word of their testimony is about how they gave their lives, as martyrs for the word of God. What is YOUR testimony and are you deceitfully again proclaiming that you are like these martyrs.

These are the people .. not mouth worshippers like you :

And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me to tell of Gedeon,
and of Barak, and of Samson, and of Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel,
and of the prophets: Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness,
obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions,
Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword,
out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight,
turned to flight the armies of the aliens.
Women received their dead raised to life again:
and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance;
that they might obtain a better resurrection:
And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings,
yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment:
They were stoned, they were sawn asunder,
were tempted, were slain with the sword:
they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins;
being destitute, afflicted, tormented;
(Of whom the world was not worthy🙂 they wandered in deserts,
and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth.
And these all, having obtained a good report through faith,
received not the promise: (Hebrews 11:32-39 KJV)

You sit in your house and proclaim your faith and you think you are so holy.
Your testimony is about that?
You are a joke.