1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jun '18 12:331 edit
    Originally posted by @secondson
    Doesn't matter what anyone thinks.
    The question isn't asking about whether you think it matters what people think or not. The question is asking why do some Christians think Catholics are not "saved"?
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Jun '18 12:34
    Hebrews 11:6
    But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

There's no access to God without faith. Faith is the key ingredient for salvation. Not works. Works follow after, and are the byproduct of genuine faith.
    I have on record some of your beloved Christian brothers do not have a clue what good works are, so how could it follow? That is what is impossible. I also see that an atheist had to inform these Christians what good works are and even quote the scripture about good works. Is that what you call genuine faith of your Christian community? God will judge all people.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Jun '18 12:371 edit
    Originally posted by @fmf
    The question isn't asking about whether you think it matters what people think or not. The question is asking why do some Christians think Catholics are not "saved"?
    The reason is simple. It the same reason why I get bashed here every day. Protestant Christians have a deep down hatred for anyone who speaks of good works and righteousness or following the commandments of Christ. Catholics are in that category. To be saved according to them you have to profess faith alone. Even speaking of works means you are insulting Christ ... apparently.
  4. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    17 Jun '18 12:42
    It doesn't matter since "the question" you are asking is irrelevant to what anyone thinks, or to the answer, which is, what does God think?

If you want to know what anyone thinks about what Christians think go ask Rajk.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Jun '18 12:43
    Why do some Christians think Catholic Christians are not "saved"?
    Just an FYI ,I think most who call themselves Christians are not saved, not everyone who
    says Lord, Lord actually knows the Lord.
  6. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    17 Jun '18 12:43
    On second thought maybe you shouldn't.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Jun '18 12:45
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    Just an FYI ,I think most who call themselves Christians are not saved, not everyone who
    says Lord, Lord actually knows the Lord.
    Again you are sadly mistaken. Its not who think they know the Lord.
    It is who the Lord knows.
    John says, God knows who follows his commandments
    God and Christ abides in that person.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Jun '18 12:48
    So, just to be clear, because Catholics have priests and have a head of their church, you believe they are not "saved"? Yes?
    Nope, the verse is very clear we are saved not because some person in this life says so.
    We have Jesus sitting at the right hand of the Father interceding for us, and as we turn
    our lives over to Him, receive His Spirit to do the works He has for us, we will be saved.
    Anyone who never has God's Spirit, no matter what they are putting their trust in does
    not belong to God. So some will claim to be Christians trusting in something other that
    Jesus Christ, and in the end hear the words, "Depart from me I never knew you."

I think this is close to the first conversation we ever had.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Jun '18 12:49
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Protestant churches such as the Church of England also have vicarious roles/hierarchies between man and God.
    Denominations are meaningless, it isn't what group we belong too, its are we God's or not.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jun '18 12:49
    It doesn't matter since "the question" you are asking is irrelevant to what anyone thinks, or to the answer, which is, what does God think?

If you want to know what anyone thinks about what Christians think go ask Rajk.
    Start a thread about whatever it is you think does or doesn't matter. This thread poses its own question.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jun '18 12:50
    Denominations are meaningless, it isn't what group we belong too, its are we God's or not.
    Why is it that some Christians don't think Catholics are "God's"?
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Jun '18 12:53
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Again you are sadly mistaken. Its not who think they know the Lord.
    It is who the Lord knows.
    John says, God knows who follows his commandments
    God and Christ abides in that person.
    If they have God's Spirit within them, they belong to God, they are walking out their lives
    with God within them doing the things that God leads them into. If they do not have the
    Spirit of God within them they don't belong to the Lord, you have been shown several
    times various scriptures on this point, those without the Lord, don't belong to Him no
    matter what they say or do.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jun '18 12:54
    Nope, the verse is very clear we are saved not because some person in this life says so.
    We have Jesus sitting at the right hand of the Father interceding for us, and as we turn
    our lives over to Him, receive His Spirit to do the works He has for us, we will be saved.
    Anyone who never has God's Spirit, no matter what they are putting their trust in does ...[text shortened]... art from me I never knew you."

I think this is close to the first conversation we ever had.
    Just be clear. I am not asking you if you think Catholics are "saved". I am asking the question in the OP.
  14. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    17 Jun '18 12:59
    Just be clear. I am not asking you if you think Catholics are "saved". I am asking the question in the OP.
    Just to be clear, you don't know what you're asking.

The definition of who is saved is found in the Bible. Not in what anyone thinks.

The question is moot.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jun '18 13:22
    Just to be clear, you don't know what you're asking.

The definition of who is saved is found in the Bible. Not in what anyone thinks.

The question is moot.
    I am not asking you whether you reckon the question is "moot". For what theological reasons do some Christians believe that Catholics will not be "saved"? Some go further and view the Catholic Church as a "Satanic" cult. What are their theological justifications for such a view?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree