1. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    17 Jun '18 13:34
    Originally posted by @fmf
    I am not asking you whether you reckon the question is "moot". For what theological reasons do some Christians believe that Catholics will not be "saved"? Some go further and view the Catholic Church as a "Satanic" cult. What are their theological justifications for such a view?
    Theological justification for anything is found in the scriptures.

Let me put it to you this way, as an attempt to provide a substantive answer to your question; when a believer goes to heaven and God asks them why He should let him in, and the believer answers that they went to a particular denominational church, God will more than likely say, "never heard of it".

The issue of interdenominational strife is far to broad a subject to squabble over in this format. It simply boils down to God's perspective.

But since you don't hold to that ideological perspective you will insist on holding a discussion where you define the terms.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Jun '18 13:37
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    I have on record some of your beloved Christian brothers do not have a clue what good works are, so how could it follow? That is what is impossible. I also see that an atheist had to inform these Christians what good works are and even quote the scripture about good works. Is that what you call genuine faith of your Christian community? God will judge all people.
    Hypocrite!
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jun '18 13:38
    Originally posted by @secondson
    Theological justification for anything is found in the scriptures.
    What theological justifications are used by Christians who believe Catholics face "damnation"?
  4. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    17 Jun '18 13:48
    Why do some Christians think Catholic Christians are not "saved"?
    Well for one thing Catholics aren’t encouraged to read the Bible. And growing up as Catholic I never heard the words “born again” until I saw Billy Graham preach about it in 2001. Also as catholic I thought I was a good person and I would go to heaven for wanting to be a firefighter and save peoples lives. But now I realize you can’t go to heaven on your own merit but God has to save you through Christ to get to heaven.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Jun '18 14:05
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    If they have God's Spirit within them, they belong to God, they are walking out their lives
    with God within them doing the things that God leads them into. If they do not have the
    Spirit of God within them they don't belong to the Lord, you have been shown several
    times various scriptures on this point, those without the Lord, don't belong to Him no
    matter what they say or do.
    So YOU are a good example of a man who allegedly walking out your life in Christ. Yet an atheist had to tell you what good works is all about because you went around saying that you did not know what it meant.

Anyway walk all you like. There is no eternal life unless some things happen as stated all over the Bible. Failure to do them means you are walking straight to damnation.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Jun '18 14:09
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Hypocrite!
    In like manner, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefastness and sobriety; not with braided hair, and gold or pearls or costly raiment; but (which becometh women professing godliness) through good works. Let a woman learn in quietness with all subjection. But I permit not a woman to teach, nor to have dominion over a man, but to be in quietness. (1 Timothy 2:9-12 ASV)
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Jun '18 14:552 edits
    What theological justifications are used by Christians who believe Catholics face "damnation"?
    Anybody who believes that salvation is by faith alone is a Christian
    Anyone who believes that salvation is by faith plus works is damned. eg Catholics
    Jesus Christ is therefore also damned by their standard.

You would also hear Christians condemning the Book of James as well.
  8. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    17 Jun '18 15:05
    Anybody who believes that salvation is by faith alone is a Christian
    Anyone who believes that salvation is by faith plus works is damned. eg Catholics
    Jesus Christ is therefore also damned by their standard.

You would also hear Christians condemning the Book of James as well.
    The only condemnation we hear in this forum is coming from you.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Jun '18 15:091 edit
    The only condemnation we hear in this forum is coming from you.
    The only truth you hear on this forum is also coming from me [and a couple others]
  10. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    17 Jun '18 15:14
    When will you understand that it is God only who justifies or condemns?

You are mischaracterizing the matter by asking a moot question. If you can comprehend what I'm saying you'll see that I'm circumventing the inference posed in your question and going to the root question, which is, what does God say?
  11. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    17 Jun '18 15:20
    The only truth you hear on this forum is also coming from me [and a couple others]
    How can you think you're telling the truth when you deny the truth?

You deny that the Bible teaches that Jesus is God. Your "truth" is fundamentally flawed.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Jun '18 15:251 edit
    How can you think you're telling the truth when you deny the truth?

You deny that the Bible teaches that Jesus is God. Your "truth" is fundamentally flawed.
    You are a Christian Extremist in polite language
    A Religious Jacka$$ in normal language.

Jesus never once said that he was God
    So what you call truth is really church doctrine
    And you are condemning others based on your church doctrine
    Not on what Jesus preached.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Jun '18 15:26
    When will you understand that it is God only who justifies or condemns?

You are mischaracterizing the matter by asking a moot question. If you can comprehend what I'm saying you'll see that I'm circumventing the inference posed in your question and going to the root question, which is, what does God say?
    Those who you call ;brothers' are condemning Catholics.
    Why are you ignoring what these your 'brothers' are saying
  14. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    17 Jun '18 15:44
    Why do some Christians think Catholic Christians are not "saved"?
    Denominational tribalism.
  15. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    17 Jun '18 15:52
    Jesus never once said that he was God.
    You have a pinheaded perspective of scripture.

John 5:17,18
    But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.
    ¶ Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

Hebrews 1:1-3
    God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
    Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
    Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree