1. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Jun '18 16:23
    Originally posted by @secondson
    You have a pinheaded perspective of scripture.

John 5:17,18
    But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.
    ¶ Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

Hebrews 1:1-3
    God, who at sundry times and in divers manner ...[text shortened]... ower, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
    Let me restate

Where did JESUS say he was God.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Jun '18 16:481 edit
    Originally posted by @fmf
    I am not asking you whether you reckon the question is "moot". For what theological reasons do some Christians believe that Catholics will not be "saved"? Some go further and view the Catholic Church as a "Satanic" cult. What are their theological justifications for such a view?
    Without pointing fingers at any denomination or people, how do you define a cult? Serious question because we have seen large numbers kill themselves due to someone. So how is a cult recognized?
  3. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    17 Jun '18 16:58
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    Without pointing fingers at any denomination or people, how do you define a cult? Serious question because we have seen large numbers kill themselves due to someone. So how is a cult recognized?
    A cult is only recognized when their beliefs lead them to do something that's practically stupid.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Jun '18 17:17
    Originally posted by @bigdoggproblem
    A cult is only recognized when their beliefs lead them to do something that's practically stupid.
    I am more of the opinion is that they start following a person and place him/her as the single source of truth.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Jun '18 17:25
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    In like manner, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefastness and sobriety; not with braided hair, and gold or pearls or costly raiment; but (which becometh women professing godliness) through good works. Let a woman learn in quietness with all subjection. But I permit not a woman to teach, nor to have dominion over a man, but to [b]be in quietness. (1 Timothy 2:9-12 ASV)[/b]
    Are you telling Suzianne to be quiet??

Lol, this should be good.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Jun '18 17:25
    I am more of the opinion is that they start following a person and place him/her as the single source of truth.
    Following someone other than Jesus Christ. would be more accurate
    Sonship has placed Witness Lee on a pedestal. that is a cult
    JWs have done the same with Charles Russel
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Jun '18 17:26
    Originally posted by @chaney3
    Are you telling Suzianne to be quiet??

Lol, this should be good.
    Me? I quoted Paul.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Jun '18 17:29
    Me? I quoted Paul.
    Even better, lol.

Think she'll comply??
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Jun '18 17:34
    Following someone other than Jesus Christ. would be more accurate
    Sonship has placed Witness Lee on a pedestal. that is a cult
    JWs have done the same with Charles Russel
    If they put them above Christ and scripture I’d agree with you.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Jun '18 17:55
    Originally posted by @chaney3
    Even better, lol.

Think she'll comply??
    She believes Paul was sent by God to preach.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jun '18 18:30
    You need to ask not me but those who view the Catholic Church as a "Satanic" cult.
  12. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    17 Jun '18 18:35
    Originally posted by @bigdoggproblem
    Denominational tribalism.
    Ding, Ding. I think we have a winner here ! 😀
  13. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    17 Jun '18 20:33
    Catholics believe Mary lived a completely sinless life - Protestants disagree
    Catholics believe Mary is part of the Godhead - Protestants disagree
    Catholics believe Christ's work on the cross was insufficient and further efforts on our part are necessary for salvation - Protestants disagree
    Catholics believe we should pray to Mary and the Saints - Protestants disagree
    Catholics believe priests have the power to forgive sin - Protestants disagree

And on and on. Many Protestants believe Catholicism is the work of Satan and the Roman Catholic Church is the "whore of Babylon" spoken about in Revelation.
  14. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 00:56
    The reason is simple. It the same reason why I get bashed here every day. Protestant Christians have a deep down hatred for anyone who speaks of good works and righteousness or following the commandments of Christ. Catholics are in that category. To be saved according to them you have to profess faith alone. Even speaking of works means you are insulting Christ ... apparently.
    “To be saved according to them you have to profess faith alone. ”

I don’t know where you get your information but good works were essential for salvation in my Catholic boyhood indoctrination. A difference might be that we were taught it was achievable for all of us.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 01:31
    Originally posted by @fmf
    You need to ask not me but those who view the Catholic Church as a "Satanic" cult.
    And exactly who are these people?

Apparently, you know of some. "Enlighten" us.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree