Why does everyone hate Muslims so much?

Why does everyone hate Muslims so much?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s

At the Revolution

Moves
09 Mar 09

Originally posted by RBHILL
muslim believe that everyone should be a mulim, or pay taxes to them or be die.
Christians believe that everyone should be Christian, etc. Nothing about death anywhere except Saudi Arabia.

s

At the Revolution

Moves
09 Mar 09

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
The Baath Party and Hussein are and were openly Muslim. Hussein decreed that "God is Great" should be put on the national flag!
But he wasn't fascist. He may have been evil, but he was not fascist. He may have been totalitarian, ultra-Right, and theocratic, but he was not fascist. And many flags in the Muslim world have religious symbols: the crescent, for example. Hezbollah's flag has "God is great" on it; Hezbollah is not fascist, in fact, it heavily opposes fascism in Lebanon and "Israel."

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
09 Mar 09
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF
... The Islamophobes here at RHP bristle with their bug jars full of horrible atrocities and sweeping generalizations based on the worst cases they can find in depraved corners of the world. ....
I live on tropical island paradise ..beautiful beaches, fantastic weather, . Plus we have democracy religious freedom, decent standard of living ... the works. You think the world gives a rats ass about that when a retired Swedish couple got murdered, a American tourist was raped, a German woman's throat was slit, and Queen Latifa was robbed .. in the last couple months?

The world is interested in your worst .. not in this "... Indonesia is perhaps a paradigm of moderate Islam in action ... " garbage.

s

At the Revolution

Moves
09 Mar 09

Originally posted by Rajk999
I live on tropical island paradise ..beautiful beaches, fantastic weather, . Plus we have democracy religious freedom, decent standard of living ... the works. You think the world gives a rats ass about that when a retired Swedish couple got murdered, a American tourist was raped, a German woman's throat was slit, and Queen Latifa was robbed .. in the last c ...[text shortened]... this "... Indonesia is perhaps a paradigm of moderate Islam in action ... " garbage.
Oh, so the 9/11 terrorists were from Indonesia now?

S
Done Asking

Washington, D.C.

Moves
09 Mar 09
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Ah at last we get to the bottom of it. You have been getting the wrong end of the stick all along. I have not been trying to "convince" you of anything of the sort. The Islamophobes here at RHP bristle with their bug jars full of horrible atrocities and sweeping generalizations based on the worst cases they can find in depraved corners of the world. Meanwhile, I fair game for relentless and humorless personal abuse. You really are an odd fellow.
I would turn most of that back on you - for that is how I perceive you.

You dismissed Darfur when you should have simply addressed it.

Again, the question is a lot broader than Indonesia's "paradigm of modern Islam in action." A blueprint for whose future?

Perceptions, not facts are at work here.

While you categorize everyone who addresses the question posed as your opponent, you skew the debate towards a discussion of Indonesia -- and refuse to engage on anything, relentlessly, until you make merely toying with you the only option.

When someone simplifies or encapsulates a complex issue and you disagree -- then something other than your refusal to engage on the merits might be in order.

In the absence of same, I've chosen to jerk your chain -- as it really seems to get something funny out of you, even if you can't see it.

Of course you see it as humorless personal abuse -- but if others agreed, I'd be hearing about it. Quite the reverse -- so if you want to stop being the butt of jokes, stop being a horse behind and loosen up already.

I've already told you umpteen times that Muslims in general clearly should not be held responsible for the crimes or atrocities of the few criminals and those using Islam as cover for political terrorism, etc. I know, live near to, associate with, work with too many Muslims to take any such proposition holding their religion accountable for the nutcakes among them to be representative of the whole.

but it does not good to tell you that, because either you don't want to hear it, cannot hear it, or it doesn't fit your agenda.

you don't even recognize agreement when you get it.

Talk about odd fellows -- gee, maybe we ought to form a club?

S
Done Asking

Washington, D.C.

Moves
09 Mar 09

I live on tropical island paradise ..beautiful beaches, fantastic weather, . Plus we have democracy religious freedom, decent standard of living ... the works. You think the world gives a rats ass about that when a retired Swedish couple got murdered, a American tourist was raped, a German woman's throat was slit, and Queen Latifa was robbed .. in the last c ...[text shortened]... this "... Indonesia is perhaps a paradigm of moderate Islam in action ... " garbage.
Queen Latifa was robbed? You mean other than not getting an Oscar?

where was this? when? outrageous -- long live the Queen!!!!

Love that woman, I does. ....

F

Moves
10 Mar 09

Originally posted by Scriabin
you don't even recognize agreement when you get it.
What a mealy mouthed post. Your personally abusive style obfuscates the points you try to make. Your demeanour in the last few pages of this thread has been nadiresque.

s

At the Revolution

Moves
10 Mar 09

Originally posted by FMF
What a mealy mouthed post. Your personally abusive style obfuscates the points you try to make. Your demeanour in the last few pages of this thread has been nadiresque.
He does that sometimes ... don't take it personally.

F

Moves
10 Mar 09

Originally posted by scherzo
Scriabin admits that when I raise a topic he himself is not interested in, becoming personally abusive is "the only option" he feels he has. So the 'problem', whatever it may be, is clearly at his end and not mine.

Scriabin: you skew the debate towards a discussion of Indonesia -- and refuse to engage on anything, relentlessly, until you make merely toying with you the only option.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
10 Mar 09

Originally posted by Scriabin
Queen Latifa was robbed? You mean other than not getting an Oscar?

where was this? when? outrageous -- long live the Queen!!!!

Love that woman, I does. ....
In Tobago. Check it out :

http://www.theinsider.com/news/1486871_Queen_Latifa_Was_Robbed

F

Moves
10 Mar 09

The world is interested in your worst .. not in this "... Indonesia is perhaps a paradigm of moderate Islam in action ... " garbage.
So your answer to the question 'why does everyone hate Muslims so much?' is 'I just hate Muslims, that's all there is to it and anything that isn't in the service of my hatred is "garbage"'?

d

Break-twitching

Moves
10 Mar 09

Originally posted by FMF
It's a question for the Afghan people, surely. What I think is immaterial.
I realize what you think is immaterial, but you do have an opinion, no?

S
Done Asking

Washington, D.C.

Moves
10 Mar 09

Originally posted by FMF
such a sensitive little boy we have here -- did Momsy fail to love him?

why not take your thumb out of your mouth and address the issues -- and if you can't take the abuse, go somewhere else. No one will miss you.

tell us again why the population of Indonesia has anything to do with the negative perceptions many non-muslims have about muslims.

can baby do even that without curling into the fetal posiiton and whining?

S
Done Asking

Washington, D.C.

Moves
10 Mar 09

Originally posted by scherzo
you can take it personally, if you like. Wish I knew who that IDF officer you complain about was -- gee, maybe they're checking the outgoing IP addresses to see where they can find you, either where you pretend you are in the Mid East, or where you probably really are, somewhere in Ohio.

Either way, keep it up, kiddo, you've got quite a fantasy life going.

S
Done Asking

Washington, D.C.

Moves
10 Mar 09

In Tobago. Check it out :

http://www.theinsider.com/news/1486871_Queen_Latifa_Was_Robbed
wow. that is just so wrong. She's a great human being. If I ever met her I wouldn't ask for an autograph -- I'd ask her to let me just bask in her smile for a bit. She makes one feel as though there might be something in humans worthwhile. And she is so funny. I wish Tina Fey and Tracy Morgan would bring her on their show as a regular guest star. Probably can't afford her. Think about it, imagine Alec Baldwin imitating the Queen and she catches him at it.