1. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Mar '09 09:481 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Wishy washy conjecture.

Seems to me, whereas I am simply trying to provide some perspective, you are doggedly trying to avoid it or remove it.

And for good measure, this is from the link you pasted:

"Indonesia’s leaders have not identified with the idea of an Islamic state, preferring to maintain other forms of government and adhering to the Indonesian ...[text shortened]... in Indonesia has not brought any significant electoral success for hard-line Islamic parties."
    Despite what you say the push for Sharia Law in Indonesia continues, and with 90% of the 220M population being muslim, they are likely to succeed in the near future :

'...hardliners intent on implementing Sharia law have continued to push for such a state through what they call a holy war, attacks (such as those in Bali and Jakarta between 2002 to 2005) and the more recent peaceful political efforts. "

http://www.pbs.org/frontlineworld/stories/indonesia605/sharia.html
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Mar '09 09:58
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Despite what you say the push for Sharia Law in Indonesia continues, and with 90% of the 220M population being muslim, they are likely to succeed in the near future
    No they aren't.

And it's 238 miillion and 86%, by the way.
  3. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    09 Mar '09 10:012 edits
    Originally posted by dystoniac
    Hey, Twithead, what do you really think is terrorism? Try telling a New York Fire Fighter or Policeman that the US is the biggest terrorist. I think you'd be unrecognizable afterwards.
    Not every Am-m-m-m-m-merican agrees with you.

I'd tell either that the US is the b-b-b-biggest terrorist, and I could give a flip if t-t-t--they agree or n-n-n--not.
  4. Standard memberScriabin
    Done Asking
    Washington, D.C.
    Moves
    09 Mar '09 15:061 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Your point? I only mentioned two things so, yeah, lo and behold, something was left out. Why don't you make a point about Darfur rather than make your point into what point I did or didn't make?
    my point has to do with your answer to the question.

of course, I didn't expect you would answer the question as you are bright enough to sense the direction in which you don't want to go.

you choose your examples carefully to avoid the obvious, broader point that all religious groups once they want to take charge of territory commit heinous acts, including mass murder.

groups that do not aspire to power, or do not grow numerous enough so it isn't a question, do not.

so far, I'd say the Buddhists have my vote for the least objectionable organized religion on the planet.

but the reasons people, in general, hate Muslims are much the same reasons people hate any group of "others," xenophobia, associating the entire religious group with just a few nutjobs and criminals, scapegoating, etc.

Islam's clerics around the world, on the whole, don't appear to be terribly good ambassadors. They make the reasons cited above all too easy for those who are interested in making Muslims the fall guys.
  5. Standard memberScriabin
    Done Asking
    Washington, D.C.
    Moves
    09 Mar '09 15:08
    Originally posted by FMF
    A 3 year old piece of news from a big province that is changing fast. "Such "leniency" for non-Muslims is now set to end." Are you going to follow up this 3 year old assertion from an Islamophobic web site? What happened to the "leniency" in the end?

The Wilayatul Hisbah - and the likes of Dr Marluddin Jalil - command little respect and probably even less int ...[text shortened]... rld's biggest Muslim country, is comparable to Iran. So far you haven't made a case.
    Indonesia and Iran ?

probably we should start by comparing the food -- the rest of it seems a pretty far reach
  6. Standard memberScriabin
    Done Asking
    Washington, D.C.
    Moves
    09 Mar '09 15:141 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    As pointed out by FMF you are being picky. You probably define a 'terrorist' as someone you don't like.
    As I mentioned earlier Bush and friends redefined the meaning to mean anyone they didn't like, thought they made some mistakes along the way. I remember someone claiming that 'anyone who supports a terrorist is a terrorist'. But then the US supported S
    Again, the US is guilty of such actions from as long ago as the Nukes dropped on Japan.
    the nukes? certainly. but how about the napalm? and that includes the fire bombings of German and Japanese cities by the allies and the bombings of English, Polish, Russian (ad infinitum) cities by the Germans and Chinese and other cities by the Japanese and on and on.

what's the point? this is what human beings do. why? because they can, while feeling they either have to or it might be a good way to pass the time.
  7. Standard memberScriabin
    Done Asking
    Washington, D.C.
    Moves
    09 Mar '09 15:16
    Originally posted by FMF
    It's a question for the Afghan people, surely. What I think is immaterial.
    now there it is in a nutshell -- what FMF thinks is, indeed, immaterial.

An admission against interest if ever I saw one 😵
  8. Standard memberScriabin
    Done Asking
    Washington, D.C.
    Moves
    09 Mar '09 15:20
    Originally posted by FMF
    How very very revealing this is.

The topic is, of course, "Why does everyone hate Muslims so much?"
    the answer is, because they remind us of you?

or perhaps it is because Muslims have really really bad PR people ...

Really, Muslims need a brand-name overhaul. That's what you do when your brand name is associated in people's minds with things like salmonella poisoning, bank failures, super senior credit default swaps, ponzi schemes, or flying planes into large buildings and strapping bombs to yourself so you can kill a bunch of teenagers and tourists in some pizza joint.

get a clue, already -- it ain't about Indonesia.
  9. Standard memberScriabin
    Done Asking
    Washington, D.C.
    Moves
    09 Mar '09 15:22
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Bovine AIDS = Moo Slims?
    stop milking this subject
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Mar '09 15:34
    Originally posted by Scriabin
    Indonesia and Iran ?

probably we should start by comparing the food -- the rest of it seems a pretty far reach
    How you can post that...

And then this...

get a clue, already -- it ain't about Indonesia.

...in close succession, shows how you just dont get the subtleties of resisting Islamophobia. It's the haters who want people to say "it ain't about Indonesia", and - oh well - you oblige. It's the people who want to see some perspective and sense of proportion who want to cast at least a little light on moderation and statistical reality. But you're so bent out of shape wanting to condescend you just don't get it. You are in the service of the haters. Not for the first time. You are such a boring presence. So predictable and so imune to subtleties.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Mar '09 15:37
    now there it is in a nutshell
    Your country's military backed the Northern Alliance and called it "installing democracy". Do you know about the Northern Alliance, Scriabin? Christian duckspeakers only know the word "taliban". But perhaps your take on this is immaterial too. We wait with baited breath.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Mar '09 15:40
    you choose your examples carefully to avoid the obvious, broader point that all religious groups once they want to take charge of territory commit heinous acts, including mass murder.
    Yes. I choose my examples carefully. So your initial retort makes you sound like a twit. I chose my examples carefully. You retorted as if I you didn't realize. Then you are called on it. And you say: "you choose your examples carefully" as if I didn't know I'd chosen my exampels carefully. What a twit. Generalissimo-esque.
  13. Standard memberScriabin
    Done Asking
    Washington, D.C.
    Moves
    09 Mar '09 15:41
    Originally posted by FMF
    How you can post that...

And then this...

[b]get a clue, already -- it ain't about Indonesia.

...in close succession, shows how you just dont get the subtleties of resisting Islamophobia. It's the haters who want people to say "it ain't about Indonesia", and - oh well - you oblige. It's the people who want to se ...[text shortened]... e first time. You are such a boring presence. So predictable and so imune to subtleties.[/b]
    gosh darn and gee whiz, I'm truly sorry I trampled all over your nuances again.

but talking about boring .... you make light bend around you, guy, that's how dense your subtleties are.

all you got on your mind is defending who your are and where you are from.

it ain't about all that, ok? give it up already.

😴😴😴😴😴
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Mar '09 15:421 edit
    gosh darn and gee whiz, I'm truly sorry I trampled all over your nuances again.

but talking about boring .... you make light bend around you, guy, that's how dense your subtleties are.

all you got on your mind is defending who your are and where you are from.

it ain't about all that, ok? give it up already.
    Tedious personal abuse, yet again. What a surprise.
  15. Standard memberScriabin
    Done Asking
    Washington, D.C.
    Moves
    09 Mar '09 15:45
    Originally posted by FMF
    Yes. I choose my examples carefully. So your initial retort makes you sound like a twit. I chose my examples carefully. You retorted as if I you didn't realize. Then you are called on it. And you say: "you choose your examples carefully" as if I didn't know I'd chosen my exampels carefully. What a twit. Generalissimo-esque.
    again, nothing but personal invective with no humor, no self deprecation. my, but you have round heels ...

geez, if you are such a big time twit, how come you can't do a little self deprecation now and then, if only to appease the peasants?

You have absolutely no entertainment value.

No one would ever think of quoting something you said to pass on to someone else --

you choose your examples with care to exclude anything that might weaken your already irrelevant, immaterial, and quite boring premise.

the FACT is a hell of a lot of non-Muslims have come to absolutely blanch and all but run for the exits when they see Muslims coming.

gee, wonder why?

that's why I asked about the food -- could it be their breath?

I assume, at least, yours is in question -- come to think of it, I could use a mint, too. 😀😀😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree