1. e4
    Moves
    09 May '09 13:19
    Why does God hide?

He's not hiding,

We are proof that God has tea breaks. Wait till he comes
    back from having a cigarette and sees what we have done
    to his planet.

(I think I'd hide as well if I created us).
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 May '09 13:351 edit
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    Why does God hide?

He's not hiding,

We are proof that God has tea breaks. Wait till he comes
    back from having a cigarette and sees what we have done
    to his planet.

(I think I'd hide as well if I created us).
    oh great one! what do we owe this presence of yours in the spirituality forum? for it is well understood that it is the haunt of the desperate and the damned, not to mention other types of agnostics and atheists. Watch out for those latter guys, they got pointy ears and are all high on Lord of the Rings trilogy and even their alter egos have alter egos, and weird names, like Sauron.
  3. e4
    Moves
    09 May '09 14:141 edit
    A wee green light just switched on. 😉
  4. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    09 May '09 17:03
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    You've made no such case. In fact, the story itself flatly contradicts your wild claims, without requiring any leaps in logic.

I assumed nothing in my approaching the story, but instead, let the story tell itself. What is says, I believe. What you try to make it say, I reject.
    😴
  5. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    09 May '09 19:30
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    😴
    That's pretty much what I figured. Cut and run as soon as your already-empty argument runs out of gas. Great job with the accusations, though!
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    10 May '09 01:531 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    That seems like a contradiction to me. Either we would fear God if he revealed himself or we wouldn't.

[b]I'm also saying that we tend to let things go we should not, or do
    things we should not because that is in our heart to do. I will speak for
    myself but I do tend to from time to time do things I know are wrong
    while I'm doing them, because I wan why knowledge of God was a bad thing, now you are saying it is a good thing. Which is it?
    [/b]The knowledge of God is always a good thing, it helps with understanding
    reality.
    Kelly
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    10 May '09 01:591 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    That seems like a contradiction to me. Either we would fear God if he revealed himself or we wouldn't.

[b]I'm also saying that we tend to let things go we should not, or do
    things we should not because that is in our heart to do. I will speak for
    myself but I do tend to from time to time do things I know are wrong
    while I'm doing them, because I wan why knowledge of God was a bad thing, now you are saying it is a good thing. Which is it?
    [/b]Do you see now God yes or no?
    He has revealed Himself through His creation we will be without an excuse
    when we stand before Him; but to actually see Him in the here and now
    no you don't get to see Him. The truth of it all is before us, but it is hidden
    in my opinion right in front of us all.
    Kelly
  8. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    10 May '09 04:01
    That's pretty much what I figured. Cut and run as soon as your already-empty argument runs out of gas. Great job with the accusations, though!
    The discussion ran out of gas, not the arguments. Takes two to tango.

You give only the appearance of actually responding to arguments, but it's all just a sham - a further excuse for more of your typical mindless platitudes and empty assertions that you just outright refuse to back up.

Same thing happened in your responses to LemonJello; he raised substantive points; your response is to attempt to turn it into a windier version of an "Is too!" "Is not!" nursery-style slagging match.

And now the childish crap continues in my direction. What's next, will you call me a "chicken" if I don't keep on, futilely trying to make you actually address my arguments or back up one of your own?!

Jesus Christ. Grow up. 🙄
  9. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    11 May '09 12:46
    The discussion ran out of gas, not the arguments. Takes two to tango.

You give only the appearance of actually responding to arguments, but it's all just a sham - a further excuse for more of your typical mindless platitudes and empty assertions that you just outright refuse to back up.

Same thing happened in your responses to LemonJello; he raised ...[text shortened]... actually address my arguments or back up one of your own?!

Jesus Christ. Grow up. 🙄
    That's the thing with guys like you: quick to proclaim your position as solid and incontrovertible, but we're just supposed to take your word for it. Self-serving is the term that comes to mind.

When your argument is demolished (and this typically takes very little effort), you accuse the other other of immaturity, obfuscation, lack of sophistication or fill-in-the-blank. When forced to actually hold to anything remotely resembling an objective standard, it's time for the ad hominem attacks, as observed in your last post.

Why even bother trying to set the record straight with people like you, since you're not even after truth in the first place?
  10. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    13 May '09 05:301 edit
    Why even bother trying to set the record straight with people like you, since you're not even after truth in the first place?
    While we're at it, why are you even back on this forum? What's the point?

I would have been happy to continue debating, but it became clear that all I was ultimately going to get from you was lame excuses like the exegesis excuse.
  11. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    13 May '09 18:40

I would have been happy to continue debating, but it became clear that all I was ultimately going to get from you was lame excuses like the exegesis excuse.
    Touche.

Even without the reality of exegesis, your argument fell short of anything remotely close to plausibility. The only way your argument could have been seen to hold water is if one were to project an assumption on isolated parts of the story while completely ignore other part and the whole.
  12. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    13 May '09 18:49
    [b]While we're at it, why are you even back on this forum? What's the point?
    Touche.

Even without the reality of exegesis, your argument fell short of anything remotely close to plausib ...[text shortened]... an assumption on isolated parts of the story while completely ignore other part and the whole.[/b]
    Of course, I reject your evaluation, but we'll just leave it at that.
  13. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    29 May '09 04:40
    Originally posted by Monty348
    In the Bible, God walked and talked with Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden.

As a searching pilgrim trying to believe that God is real and present in the world today, I wonder often why he does not reveal himself more fully to those who search for him?

I'm very interested in what other people think about this.
    The faith and belief comes first; then God reveals Himself. Not physically, but in your heart and mind... usually through deep, unmistakable, symbolic messages.

When one is in a position of disbelief, and the bible supports this, they can't truly search for God. Think about it, how can someone truly search for something they don't believe exists in the first place? A half-hearted effort is the best one can muster up in a search for God, if they don't already have faith. And it's not the fault of the half-hearted seeker; they don't have full-fledged faith and belief because God hasn't yet transformed them through the power of the Holy Spirit.

I think the best an Agnostic such as yourself can do is keep your ear to the ground, stay involved in conversations about God, and try your best though it is uncomfortable, to pray that God enters your heart.

Be at ease, knowing that if God doesn't do it on your timetable, that doesn't mean God isn't going to do it. In my case God waited 36 years.
  14. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    29 May '09 05:00
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    The knowledge of God is always a good thing, it helps with understanding
    reality.
    Kelly[/b]
    What god are we talking about? The one and only or the christian one?
  15. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    29 May '09 11:006 edits
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Do you see now God yes or no?
    He has revealed Himself through His creation we will be without an excuse
    when we stand before Him; but to actually see Him in the here and now
    no you don't get to see Him. The truth of it all is before us, but it is hidden
    Kelly[/b]
    …He has revealed Himself through HIS creation we will be WITHOUT an EXCUSE when we stand before Him;
    ..…
    (my emphasis)

Let us get this straight; you are saying that we should idiotically conclude from the mere fact that ‘the universe exist’ that “therefore a ‘God’ must have created the universe ” even though it is CLEARLY obvious and logically self-evident that it does NOT logically follow from:

1, the universe exists

That:

2, therefore a ‘God’ must have created the universe

?

And, what is even more idiotic, if we do NOT make this moronic and idiotic illogical conclusion, despite this “God” that is supposed to not only exist (according to some) but be all-knowing and all intelligent, this “God” will punish us for not doing so!? -why? -because “we would be WITHOUT an EXCUSE when we stand before Him“ -“WITHOUT an EXCUSE” that is for failing to think totally idiotically and illogically by concluding (2) from (1) above 😛 (perhaps this “God” actually WANTS us to be stupid and would be offended by anyone using their brain?)

….The truth of it all is before us, but it is HIDDEN

If this “truth” that we are supposed to ‘see’ is “HIDDEN” then how can we be “WITHOUT an EXCUSE” for not ‘seeing’ it? 😛
    If this “truth” that we are supposed to ‘see’ is made “HIDDEN” to us then that fact would definitely be an extremely good “EXCUSE” for us not ‘seeing‘ it!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree