why is everyone so intrested in religion?

why is everyone so intrested in religion?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

g
Wayward Soul

Your Blackened Sky

Moves
22 Sep 05
3 edits

this week is freshers week in st andrews, and the CU is heavily advertising it's many events, from grub crawls (a three course meal, with each course at a different persons house) to a caleigh (traditional, lively, scottish dancing). Every hall's Link Group (a vague kind of bible study, get to know the other christians in your hall and do stuff together group) is putting on events, and through these events people are going to the CU ones, in full knowledge that these are, well, events put on by Christains (although definatly not solely for Christains). last night at the caleigh we had over 400 people, many of whome did not come from Christain backgrounds and knew very little about God. they came along wanting to learn more!

i suppose what i am trying to say here is that there is a significant percentage of the population that has still not been reached by the church. they have not really been given ample opportunity to lean about the grace of God, and his sacrafice for us.

people, we need to evangelise! and it works, evangelism. because, no matter how some people beleive that "religion is so dumb", there is a (please excuse the cliche) God shaped hole in everybody's heart. why are people so intrested in religion? because it is the truth, and people yearn for the truth. and because God loves them.

S

Moves
22 Sep 05

Originally posted by genius
i suppose what i am trying to say here is that there is a significant percentage of the population that has still not been reached by the church. they have not really been given ample opportunity to lean about the grace of God, and his sacrafice for us.
Thank god!

DC
Flamenco Sketches

Spain, in spirit

Moves
22 Sep 05

people, we need to evangelise! and it works, evangelism. because, no matter how some people beleive that "religion is so dumb", there is a (please excuse the cliche) God shaped hole in everybody's heart. why are people so intrested in religion? because it is the truth, and people yearn for the truth. and because God loves them.
lol. L. Ron Hubbard would be proud! You've been truly brainwashed.

R
Godless Commie

Glasgow

Moves
22 Sep 05
2 edits

What's a caleigh?

Or is it just an illustration of the fact that a significant percentage of the population have not yet been reached by the ability to spell?

Been there...

... done that

Moves
22 Sep 05

...there is a (please excuse the cliche) God shaped hole in everybody's heart

Ignoring - if only for a moment - the gaping arrogance and addressing the title question: Maybe everyone who posts in a spiritual forum has some kind of vague interest in religion? Even if it is only: What kind of lame excuse will these christians come up with next for their rude and arrogant assumptions?

It is always a good idea to keep the enemy in sight.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
22 Sep 05

Originally posted by widget
It is always a good idea to keep the enemy in sight.[/b]
I always keep a mirror handy.

S

Moves
22 Sep 05

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
I always keep a mirror handy.
Like one, that on a lonesome road
Doth walk in fear and dread,
And having once turned round walks on,
And turns no more his head ;
Because he knows, a frightful fiend
Doth close behind him tread.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
22 Sep 05

Originally posted by Starrman

Because he knows, a frightful fiend
Doth close behind him tread.
I'm also afraid of my own shadow it's true.

l

London

Moves
22 Sep 05

Originally posted by widget
[b]...there is a (please excuse the cliche) God shaped hole in everybody's heart

Ignoring - if only for a moment - the gaping arrogance and addressing the title question: Maybe everyone who posts in a spiritual forum has some kind of vague interest in religion? Even if it is only: What kind of lame excuse will these christians come up with next for ...[text shortened]... eir rude and arrogant assumptions?

It is always a good idea to keep the enemy in sight.[/b][/b]
It is always a good idea to keep the enemy in sight.

And Christians are the "enemy" because ... ?

g
Wayward Soul

Your Blackened Sky

Moves
22 Sep 05

Originally posted by Redmike
What's a caleigh?

Or is it just an illustration of the fact that a significant percentage of the population have not yet been reached by the ability to spell?
i wasn't quite sure, so i typed it into word and that's what it came up with...

Chief Justice

Center of Contention

Moves
22 Sep 05

That "God-shaped-hole" is just my left ventricle.

Chief Justice

Center of Contention

Moves
22 Sep 05

Originally posted by lucifershammer
[b]It is always a good idea to keep the enemy in sight.

And Christians are the "enemy" because ... ?[/b]
Because they corrupt the youth and increase the amount of hate in the world.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
22 Sep 05

why are people so intrested in religion? because it is the truth, and people yearn for the truth.
More accurately, only a small percentage (if any!) of the world's religions are the truth, and the rest are false.

l

London

Moves
22 Sep 05

Originally posted by bbarr
Because they corrupt the youth and increase the amount of hate in the world.
Specific instances of "increasing the amount of hate"?

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
22 Sep 05
3 edits

Originally posted by lucifershammer
Specific instances of "increasing the amount of hate"?
Pastor Fred Phelps and his Westboro Baptist Church:

http://www.godhatesfags.com/main/purpose.html
http://www.godhatesfags.com/main/faq.html
http://www.godhatesfags.com/fags/fag.html