1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    28 Jan '11 23:471 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Why such a perverted concept? Why would a god wish something like that on humanity?
    But is all seriousness hell is there and not really because of religion.
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    28 Jan '11 23:571 edit
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    it is funny that you say gay. if you were around my atheist cousin he would say i have gay friends don't uses that. LOL.
    Oh, i was using "gay" as like as in "idiot" or " silly person" in this context.
    My fault, just a word habit between me and girlie.

She gets it from Kurt Cobain "Everyone is gay". I think she means they are all wusses and they dont have a bollock among them. (Remeber ,she is referring to the douches she comes across, not anyone on this forum. Not directly anyway,nor anyone specific.)
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    29 Jan '11 00:01
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Oh, i was using "gay" as like as in "idiot" or " silly person" in this context.
    My fault, just a word habit between me and girlie.

She gets it from Kurt Cobain "Everyone is gay". I think she means they are all wusses and they dont have a bollock among them. (Remeber ,she is referring to the douches she comes across, not anyone on this forum. Not directly anyway,nor anyone specific.)
    I know. I had used it once like that and he said to say that stupid instead of thats gay because i have gay friends. I wish i would have said i can't say that because i have stupid friends.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Jan '11 00:261 edit
    I know. I had used it once like that and he said to say that stupid instead of thats gay because i have gay friends. I wish i would have said i can't say that because i have stupid friends.
    So we're in agreement about the way I was using the word,right? (I'm slow,remember)

(I too have many gay friends, I try to tailor my speech for my audience, so given this is a public forum, perhaps it wa not the wisest choice of words in retrospect.)
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Jan '11 00:491 edit
    But is all seriousness hell is there and not really because of religion.
    If hell is not the result of religion why does your god want to send people there forever and ever to burn and burn, etc.?

Also your god is supposedly omniscient, then it stands to reason your god already knew before someone was born whether or not that person would 'accept your lord'.
    In that case it knows already who is destined for your hell and who is not. In that case, why would such a god let those people be born? They are born to go to hell? What about the aborigines in deepest Amazon with no outside contact, are they destined to hell?
    If so, why?

This is just the silliest excuse for a religion I have ever heard. Rule by fear. nice.
  6. Lowlands paradise
    Moves
    29 Jan '11 01:05
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    This is the same argument as "If he wants me to believe in him, why doesn'tt he showhimselff?"

It'snotot a test ointelligenceceit's's a test ofaithth.

Naturallythistinvolveslsomesmeasuresurehumilityliand that'sawherehere mpeopleofailfaiMuch

likehpeople"peohellin heliceant ice tooer,I'mopretty suretthatrpeople peohelliwilllalsoltrulyoandusincerelync ...[text shortened]... mes shorter than we had planned. That's why making the choice now is so important.
    I would feel rather traumatized if I had to believe all you write, Suzanne. I would never bet on the Super Bowl. 😉

Two questions pop up: does it matter what IQ a person has? And at what age you become candidate for eternal burning?
  7. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    29 Jan '11 03:07
    If hell is not the result of religion why does your god want to send people there forever and ever to burn and burn, etc.?

Also your god is supposedly omniscient, then it stands to reason your god already knew before someone was born whether or not that person would 'accept your lord'.
    In that case it knows already who is destined for your hell and who ...[text shortened]... hy?

This is just the silliest excuse for a religion I have ever heard. Rule by fear. nice.
    Everything is for the glory of God.
  8. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    29 Jan '11 03:15
    Originally posted by souverein
    I would feel rather traumatized if I had to believe all you write, Suzanne. I would never bet on the Super Bowl. 😉

Two questions pop up: does it matter what IQ a person has? And at what age you become candidate for eternal burning?
    I love downs people who worship Jesus, they are so cool. I see as long as you can understand that you are sinning against God.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Jan '11 04:371 edit
    Everything is for the glory of God.
    A bit of deflection anyone? Why can't you answer the questions?

Also, why does a GOD NEED GLORY?

It already knows everything about everytime and place and person and alien, what need is there for this god for glory from the pathetic beings called humans?
  10. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    29 Jan '11 05:324 edits
    A bit of deflection anyone? Why can't you answer the questions?

It already knows everything about everytime and place and person and alien, what need is there for this god for glory from the pathetic beings called humans?
    =================================

=======================================

Your question foolishly misunderstands God's heart COMPLETELY. The Bible shows that this glorious expression accompanies His divine life. And His divine life is something He wants to dispense into millions of His saved people.

1.) The glory of God, God wants to dispense into this man.

" . .. Christ in YOU, the hope of glory "(Col. 1:27)

God's glory is Christ implanted and growing in the believers. Rather than horde the glory it seems God wants to transmit the glory into the saved.

2.) The glory of God is to radiate out from the church.

"To Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus unto the generations of the ages forever and ever." (Ephesians 3:21)

Rather then horde the glory God dispense His glory in the church and in the Godman Christ Jesus for eternity.

3.) Jesus Christ to whom God hsa given glory is leading many sons into the same glory.

" For it was fitting, for whom are all things and through whom are all things, in leading many sons into glory, to make the Author of their salvation perfect through sufferings." (Hebrews 2:10)

Jesus Christ the suffering Author of salvation is LEADING MANY SONS INTO GLORY. He is sharing the glorious expression of the Divine Being with "many sons".

4.) The saved are called into eternal glory.

" But the God of all grace, He who has called you into His eternal glory in Christ Jesus ..." (1 Peter 5:10)

Rather then horde this divine glory the saved are called into this eternal glory.

5.) Jesus did the Father's will to give unto His believers the same glory given to Him.

"And the glory wich You [Father] have given Me [the Son] I have given to them ... " (John 17:22)

Through Christ then God transmits His eternal glory into His redeemed people.

6.) In eternity the billions of saved, as a city New Jerusalem bear the very glory of God.

" ... and showed me the holy city, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, having the glory of God ..." (Rev. 21:10)

The whole city shines with the glory of God which He has infused into her through His divine life.

7.) The transformed saints await an "unfading crown of glory".

"And when the Chief Shepherd is manifested, you will receive the unfading crown of glory." (1 Peter 5:4)

8.) The sons of God conformed to the image of Christ will be glorified

"And those whom He predestinated, these He also called; and those whom He called, these He also justified; and those whom He justified, these He also glorified." (Romans 8:30)

9.) Christ comes as the Son of God to be glorified IN His saints.

"When He [Christ] comes to be glorified in His saints and to be marveled at in all those who have believed ..." ( 2 Thess. 1:10)

10.) If the saints endure through suffering with Jesus they shall also be glorified with Jesus.

" ... if indeed we suffer with Him that we may be glorified with Him." (Romans 8:17)

Do these passages reveal that God wants to selfishly horde the glorious splendour of divine life or impart it into those whom He loves ?

11.) The saved human beings are therefore vessels of honor and mercy to contain God's glory along with God's eternal divine life.

"In order that He might make known the riches of His glory upon vessels of mercy, which He had before prepared unto glory." ( Romans 9:23)

12.) The Spirit of God within the believers is working to transform them from one degree of glory to another.

"But we all with unveiled face, beholding and reflecting like a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, even as from the Lord Spirit." (2 Cor. 3:18)

Instead of ignorance I recommend you get a Recovery Version of the Bible and read along with the text the footnotes and commentary. This will help you get a better picture of God's heart and His full salvation.

www.recoveryversions.org
  11. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    29 Jan '11 06:47
    Originally posted by jaywill
    [b]=================================

=======================================

Your question foolishly misunderstands God's heart COMPLETELY. The Bib ...[text shortened]... d's heart and His full salvation.

www.recoveryversions.org[/b]
    Thanks for the post.
  12. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    29 Jan '11 10:071 edit
    Why is hell required in religion?
    As me as being a non-christian (and non-jew and non-muslem), I am safe from any religious hell.
    To go to hell you must believe in it first. I don't. Christians can go to hell. I cannot.
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Jan '11 11:10
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    As me as being a non-christian (and non-jew and non-muslem), I am safe from any religious hell.
    To go to hell you must believe in it first. I don't. Christians can go to hell. I cannot.
    That is not entirely true. What you believe only constitutes SOME percentage of what actually is. Just because you dont believe in ghosts, for example, belief in them is not a prerequisate for their existence, although strangely enough, your thoughts/beliefs seem to affect reality in more ways than you may be able to even imagine, let alone fathom.

I think when you have a thought (and follow it through with the correct subsequent action), the quality of that thought (as it relates to universal law), defines how much resonance that thought will have on the outer owrld.
  14. Lowlands paradise
    Moves
    29 Jan '11 11:48
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    That is not entirely true. What you believe only constitutes SOME percentage of what actually is. Just because you dont believe in ghosts, for example, belief in them is not a prerequisate for their existence, although strangely enough, your thoughts/beliefs seem to affect reality in more ways than you may be able to even imagine, let alone fathom.

I ...[text shortened]... relates to universal law), defines how much resonance that thought will have on the outer owrld.
    For me it is a truism that God didn't create us but we created God(s). The same seems to me valid for satan and hell. But it becomes rather real, spooky and affecting your life when you believe in such demonic visions.
    When you watch schizophrenic behaviour you realize how real thoughts can become for a person. They can even drag their surrounding into their beliefs.
  15. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    29 Jan '11 11:571 edit
    Well before the flood he gave people 100 years from when noah started to build the ark.
    How does that answer my question? or is that not supposed to be an "answer"?

My question was:

Why would a 'god' take the chance that you will not repent if that 'god' doesn't want you to fail to repent and is all-powerful so can avoid the risk of you not repenting?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree