1. Cape Town
    Moves
    29 Jan '11 20:04
    Originally posted by whodey
    I think that hell is torment and suffering, is it not? Conversly, heaven is used to describe happiness and bliss. We experience both to various degrees here on earth, so if there is a next life, why should either be exempt?
    Interestingly, the explanation often given by theists for the suffering in this life - is that it is only temporary, and the next life makes it insignificant.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    29 Jan '11 20:05
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Well, as Jesus points out Hell was not made for man, but man will end up there.
    Hell was prepared for the devil and his angels, when we joined that rebellion we
    joined their fate.
    Kelly
    So can we ask the same questions on behalf of the devil and his angels?
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Jan '11 20:06
    Originally posted by jaywill
    [b]=================================
    Also, why does a GOD NEED GLORY?

It already knows everything about everytime and place and person and alien, what need is there for this god for glory from the pathetic beings called humans?
    =======================================

Your question foolishly misunderstands God's heart COMPLETELY. The Bib ...[text shortened]... d's heart and His full salvation.

www.recoveryversions.org[/b]
    So a book written by men, and only men, well, a couple of women got there accidentally but mainly by men and for sure no god involved, religious people have supreme arrogance to assume they know the heart of a non-revealing god. All you have is a book. That's all you have is a book.

Why didn't your god come down to us lowly humans 100,000 years ago when modern brains first appeared? Why doesn't it come down now, surely the last 100 years have been devastatingly evil on many levels. What was so evil 2000 years ago that isn't now? It seems to me we need a god more than ever but where is your non-appearing god? Not here for sure, all we have is your word, and the word of a billion or so other christians who hope against hope for such a god.

You nor any of the 7 billion people on Earth know anything about any god. Men made gods not the other way round.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    29 Jan '11 20:10
    Originally posted by big bern
    As far as Spirituality, it is in my opinion something that cannot be seen ,touched,heard etc.
    Well many here would argue that Hell, will be seen, touched and heard.
    There are threads here about Richard Dawkings, the big bang, lying, and more, all of which do not fit your definition of 'spiritual'.
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    29 Jan '11 20:19
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I'm sure everyone will change their minds once there, but it will be to late.
    Kelly
    Ya, if you could repent once you are in hell then no one would be there not even hitler.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Jan '11 21:121 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Interestingly, the explanation often given by theists for the suffering in this life - is that it is only temporary, and the next life makes it insignificant.
    I can't speak for all theists, but from my vantage point sin in responsible for suffering. Therefore, where sin ends suffering ends and where it resides suffering continues.
  7. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    29 Jan '11 21:14
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    Can you repent after you get to hell?
    No.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Jan '11 22:22
    So can we ask the same questions on behalf of the devil and his angels?
    Well, knowing full well what they were doing they not only rebelled against God in
    God's Kingdom they also tempted into sin the human race, helping to bring about
    all the pain and suffering that came as a reult. A being and a race bent upon evil
    the flames of Hell a just recompense in my opinion. With the human race we are
    acting not only with knowledge, but also faith, and there has been a way made
    for us to repent while Satan and his devils don’t want to repent and will not.
    Kelly
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Jan '11 22:54
    I can't speak for all theists, but from my vantage point sin in responsible for suffering. Therefore, where sin ends suffering ends and where it resides suffering continues.
    So by that definition animals don't suffer?
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Jan '11 23:361 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So by that definition animals don't suffer?
    Christ suffered. Does that mean he sinned? Nope. The fact remains that we all live in a world of sin, therefore, we all suffer.
  11. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jan '11 00:16
    Christ suffered. Does that mean he sinned? Nope. The fact remains that we all live in a world of sin, therefore, we all suffer.
    True......the sinner suffers and the sinless suffers, but the suffering of the sinner is one hundred fold.

Three types of suffering....

1. Adhyatmika.....suffering from ones own body and mind.

2. Adhibhautika......suffering from other living entities.

3. Adhidaivika........suffering from natural calamities.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 Jan '11 01:42
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    As me as being a non-christian (and non-jew and non-muslem), I am safe from any religious hell.
    To go to hell you must believe in it first. I don't. Christians can go to hell. I cannot.
    Is this like saying "I don't believe in the police, therefore I cannot go to jail"?

Think again.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 Jan '11 01:44
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    True......the sinner suffers and the sinless suffers, but the suffering of the sinner is one hundred fold.

Three types of suffering....

1. Adhyatmika.....suffering from ones own body and mind.

2. Adhibhautika......suffering from other living entities.

3. Adhidaivika........suffering from natural calamities.
    You forgot

4. Adhivishvahetika.......suffering from reading your posts.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 Jan '11 01:54
    So what is the test that you referred to all about and what happens when you fail it?

[b]Sin is abhorrent to God, and it requires a price.

Is that something you can explain, or something that you do not have an explanation for? Does it make sense to you, or is it just something you take on faith?[/b]
    1. I used a colloquialism. I could have as easily said "The punishment is not for having no faith." Do I really have to dumb down everything I say here to be understood? True, when you have no faith, you cannot be redeemed, but your punishment is not for having no faith, your punishment is for your sins.

2. Yes, no, yes and yes.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 Jan '11 01:57
    Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
    Why would a 'god' take the chance that you will not repent if that 'god' doesn't want you to fail to repent and is all-powerful so can avoid the risk of you not repenting?
    This would go against the concept of free will. We have free will so we can never claim that we had no choice. God does not want puppets.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree