1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 03:11
    Originally posted by FMF
    Are you saying that you have more "maturity" than those Christians who disagree with you about doctrinal matters, or are you saying that your 'divisions' with regard to other Christians is "a statement on [your] immaturity"?
    I am saying that I myself, like many other brothers and sisters in Christ, need to grow up into Him in all things.

Things other than Christ are much like toys to play with.
    I would not say that I have no toys left.

However, I do know some saints who are much more without any toys left.
    I have had some toys though participating in this Forum over the years.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 03:15
    Originally posted by sonship
    I am saying that I myself, like many other brothers and sisters in Christ, need to grow up into Him in all things.

Things other than Christ are much like toys to play with.
    I would not say that I have no toys left.

However, I do know some saints who are much more without any toys left.
    I have had some toys though participating in this Forum over the years.
    So are you conceding that your 'divisions' with regard to other Christians are an upshot of your "immaturity" or not?
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Jan '17 14:354 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    So are you conceding that your 'divisions' with regard to other Christians are an upshot of your "immaturity" or not?
    I am still in the process of "arriving" as Paul said "until we all arrive at the oneness of the faith."

"We" implies that he even included himself, an apostle who authored some 13 of the books of the New Testament.

In short, it is more serious to form a "Church" according to (relatively minor) differences of doctrines. Believers who assemble together may have different doctrinal views.
    Though that may not be desirable, if there is love and unity in the Spirit, it is not as bad as - dividing up into different "churches" according to differing doctrinal views.

The NT testament is practical. The NT recognizes that there must be some way to distinguish between one church and another church. The difference given in the New Testament is geography.

If you study carefully "the church in Corinth" in the letter of First Corinthians you will see that there was quite an array of opinions on many things. Paul first tells them all that there is no division of Christ in Corinth and that Christ in Corinth is not divided.

This is a brief reply. And it is not too hard to exploit its brevity to show that this or that matter could still be pointed out as a problem. And this is what I anticipate you will do.

In closing, I underline - it is more serious to form different churches according to something other than geography and locality than it is to just hold different interpretations of fine doctrinal points with mutual respect and mutual love.

Suggestion: Rather than frame your criticism as a carefully arranged question you could just simply state what your criticism is.

Ie. "So you're saying then that ________ ?"

Most of these maneuvers just come off as you trying to put into someone's mouth something you wish to say argue against.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree