1. Joined
    19 Nov '05
    Moves
    22 Feb '08 23:22
    If there is no God then why are there so many pepole that say they worship the devil? Just a question I have been thinking about.
  2. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    22 Feb '08 23:37
    Originally posted by Kevin Mcfarland
    If there is no God then why are there so many pepole that say they worship the devil? Just a question I have been thinking about.
    they're still wrong. believing something is there doesn't make it so.
  3. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    22 Feb '08 23:371 edit
    There is a certain perverse thrill to some people to oppose God. It is addicting. It is like heroin or cocain.

For thrill seekers for whom atheism is not enough of a fix, they may go on to something that will render more of a high. That is Satanism. There's little else where to go from there.

The itch to stand up in rebellion against the ultimate governor of the universe grips some people with an ego rush that they eventual must have to define themselves.

It is more than tragic. In the Bible the case of King Saul is probably a good place to see this at work in the books of First and Second Samuel.
  4. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    22 Feb '08 23:38
    Does the fact that some say they worship the devil prove that they do?

Would the existence of the devil imply the existence of God?
  5. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    22 Feb '08 23:40
    Originally posted by jaywill
    There is a certain perverse thrill to some people to oppose God. It is addicting. It is like heroin or cocain.

For thrill seekers for whom atheism is not enough of a fix, they may go on to something that will render more of a high. That is Satanism. There's little else where to go from there.

The itch to stand up in rebellion against the ultimate g ...[text shortened]... l is probably a good place to see this at work in the books of [b]First and Second Samuel.
    [/b]
    Do you think that belief in God can occasion a certain perverse thrill too? Or be a source of egotism?
  6. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    22 Feb '08 23:49
    Originally posted by Pawnokeyhole
    Do you think that belief in God can occasion a certain perverse thrill too? Or be a source of egotism?
    Yes.
  7. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    23 Feb '08 00:12

The itch to stand up in rebellion against the ultimate g ...[text shortened]... l is probably a good place to see this at work in the books of [b]First and Second Samuel.
    [/b]
    i listen to a lot of what you might call "devil music" for that same reason only i don't believe in the devil, it is a sort of "rush" though because it is rebelling.
  8. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    23 Feb '08 00:17
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    i listen to a lot of what you might call "devil music" for that same reason only i don't believe in the devil, it is a sort of "rush" though because it is rebelling.
    Do you mean rock music of some kind? Or do you mean general occult related music?
  9. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    23 Feb '08 00:25
    Do you mean rock music of some kind? Or do you mean general occult related music?
    rock, not some creepy occult stuff. i think theres a fine line between rebellion and obsession lol
  10. Standard memberMexico
    Quis custodiet
    ipsos custodes?
    Moves
    23 Feb '08 00:351 edit

[/b]
    Firstly, Atheism isn't some thrill seeking opposition to god, as you seem to imply (intentional?). It's a personal belief of people that god cannot exist... Its is just as valid as any other stance on god's existence. You seem to think that deep down Atheists are just rebelling against a god they know exists. There is nothing to conclusively prove either way... Therefore this stance is simply incorrect.

Secondly there are certain types people referred to as satanists who don't necessarily acknowledge the existence of God or the Devil. They simply have the stance that is completely opposed everything the Christian church says.
    for example instead of living for others they choose to behave only in their best interests at all times.
    Instead of helping the meek the use the meek to improve their own position.
    Also Stances such as
    The rejection of community.
    The rejection of forgiveness.
    And so on and so forth...

I believe this is called LaVey Satanism and is more a stance opposing what the Christian churches teach than actual devil worship.

I don't actually agree with it in any way i just thought it an interesting point to bring up....
  11. Joined
    30 Dec '07
    Moves
    23 Feb '08 00:39

[/b]
    How is not believing in something a thrill? I though Christianity was supposed to make people happier than atheism, according to Christians. Weirdo.
  12. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    23 Feb '08 00:53
    Originally posted by UzumakiAi
    How is not believing in something a thrill? I though Christianity was supposed to make people happier than atheism, according to Christians. Weirdo.
    I said that the thrill is in opposing God. Even opposing the whole idea of God.

Of course you could ask atheists themselves and find out. But I frankyl don't trust their answers to be honest in many things.

The Bible says that some people "hold down the truth in unrighteousness".

I would take that to mean that they know what is right but put forth an effort to hold down such thoughts from rising up within them - an act of will fortified by reasoning.
  13. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    23 Feb '08 00:571 edit

Of course you could ask atheists themselves and find out. But I frankyl don't trust their answers to be honest in many things.

The Bible says that some people [b]"hold down the truth in unrighteousness"

I would take that to mean that they know what is right but ...[text shortened]... o hold down such thoughts from rising up within them - an act of will fortified by reasoning.[/b]

Atheists don't necessarily oppose the idea of god, just require evidence of him/her/it.

I frankyl don't trust their answers to be honest in many things.

Why not? You think all atheists are liars? I'm seriously wondering.

Would you take well to someone saying "You could ask a christian why they believe in god, but frankly, I don't trust their answers to be honest in many things" ?

I would take that to mean that they know what is right but put forth an effort to hold down such thoughts from rising up within them - an act of will fortified by reasoning.

So the bible hints at something and you categorize people blindly according to it rather than actually communicating with them. Of course, a book knows more about me than myself... I should know that 🙂

Wait 'till I get my copy of Moby Dick and see what it says about you 🙂
  14. Standard memberMexico
    Quis custodiet
    ipsos custodes?
    Moves
    23 Feb '08 01:06

I would take that to mean that they know what is right but ...[text shortened]... o hold down such thoughts from rising up within them - an act of will fortified by reasoning.[/b]
    Firstly to oppose something you have to acknowledge that it exists. So Atheists don't oppose god. To them the only thing being opposed is a figment of your overactive imagination.... and just because millions have the same figment doesn't mean it exists....
    I take no thrill in not believing in a God. In fact if anything I probably have less comfort in my life and am generating stress for myself. See your comfortable in the knowledge that your god backs your actions and will give you your answers.... Me, I question reality every day and never can get a straight answer from it.......

Don't be so sure of yourself.... for that bible quote to have any validity one first has to believe everything, or anything from the bible. Which atheists generally don't to varying degrees.....
  15. Joined
    30 Dec '07
    Moves
    23 Feb '08 01:13

I heard what you said. The thrill is believing everything will be okay after you die. It is not a thrill to believe there is nothing in the afterlife. You can trust me when I say: I am not a closet Christian. I am not guilty about not being Christian. I will not lie about it.

I have no urge to believe in Christianity besides my parents. I don't think "God exists... wait, no! I don't want to believe in God! Oh, the thrill!" Trust me. That's just a stupid thing to even imply. If someone wants to be Christian, they are, they don't repress themselves.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree