1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Jul '07 02:162 edits
    It appears that the new pope has said something to the effect that the only true Christians are Catholic. In fact, it seems it is necessary for ones salvation.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070710/ap_on_re_eu/pope_other_christians;_ylt=AqYpVWNKhvBJr7eX7sbaLdVvaA

What does everyone else think? Is it too late to revive Pope John Paul?
  2. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    11 Jul '07 02:31
    Originally posted by whodey
    It appears that the new pope has said something to the effect that the only true Christians are Catholic. In fact, it seems it is necessary for ones salvation.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070710/ap_on_re_eu/pope_other_christians;_ylt=AqYpVWNKhvBJr7eX7sbaLdVvaA

I wondered a lot about this, are you catholic?
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Jul '07 02:331 edit
    Originally posted by ahosyney
    I wondered a lot about this, are you catholic?
    Nope. I guess I'm doooomed!!!! Of coarse, you don't seem to be sitting pretty either in the eyes of the Catholic church. Perhaps we can be doomed together? 😛
  4. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    11 Jul '07 02:37
    Nope. I guess I'm doooomed!!!! Of coarse, you don't seem to be sitting pretty either in the eyes of the Catholic church. Perhaps we can be doomed together? 😛
    I think the Catholic church said once that all Muslims are saved!!!!

Didn't you know that?
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Jul '07 02:41

Didn't you know that?
    😳 Nope.

Well I guess I am up a creek, so to speak. I guess simply being "Muslim" or simply being "Catholic" saves you. I wonder if Jesus was either? And to think all of the dying on the cross business was unecessary. Go figure?
  6. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    11 Jul '07 02:55

The Pope thinks you're a poser, whodey. :'(

Don't worry: you and the Catholics are equally silly in my eyes.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Jul '07 02:56

Didn't you know that?
    Just out of curiosity, do you believe that ALL Muslims go to heaven? For example, does Bin Laden go to heaven?
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Jul '07 02:583 edits
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    The Pope thinks you're a poser, whodey. :'(

Don't worry: you and the Catholics are equally silly in my eyes.
    You know its not too late for you ya know!! All you have to do is join the Catholic church. You don't even have to attend!!!! Come to think of it perhaps you should join a Mosque and become a Muslim. That way both bases are covered since the Pope says that all Muslims go to heaven and Muslims say that all Catholics go to hell.
  9. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    11 Jul '07 03:13
    You know its not too late for you ya know!! All you have to do is join the Catholic church. You don't even have to attend!!!! Come to think of it perhaps you should join a Mosque and become a Muslim. That way both bases are covered since the Pope says that all Muslims go to heaven and Muslims say that all Catholics go to hell.
    Nah, I'm not so worried about the cessation of my self that I go around prostituting out my belief structure.

Anyway, though, it seems as though organized religion is not going away; so as a bystander I am for increased tolerance between those of differing faiths. What's your own tolerance level, in your estimation?
  10. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    11 Jul '07 03:44
    Just out of curiosity, do you believe that ALL Muslims go to heaven? For example, does Bin Laden go to heaven?
    I can't tell you if a specific person is in Heaven or not, and no one can claim that.

The only reason that guarantee the place of a man in Hell is not to believe in Allah, or to worship something/someone else with him. Anything else could be forgiven by Allah.

Some muslims scholars argued that murder prevents the Muslim from being in Heaven. But this is a big argument and this is not the place for it.
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    11 Jul '07 04:33

I once had a nun pick me up on my tip toes by pulling up on my ears.
    I was in third grade. I have no idea what I did wrong.
    I thank God I never made it to confirmation. It was hard enough to loose myself from the brainwashing I got.
    I guess the pope is trying to make the catholics feel good about themselves. It's all political.
    If you're a catholic and reading this, dump the religion as fast as you can and trust Jesus.
  12. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    11 Jul '07 05:00

The only reason that guarantee the place of a man in Hell is not to believe in Allah, or to worship something/someone else with him.
    So, Muslims believe that all Christians go to Hell by virtue of worshiping Jesus, correct?
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Jul '07 13:32

I do not care what the Pope thinks or says, he adds nothing or takes
    away nothing to my life by his pronouncements.
    Kelly
  14. Gangster Land
    Moves
    11 Jul '07 14:36
    Originally posted by josephw
    It was hard enough to loose myself from the brainwashing I got.
    I hope you will forgive me if I find it wildly hilarious that the author of this little gem,

"If I want to believe that there are no errors in the bible, then I will." -- josephw

seems to have a problem with brainwashing.
  15. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    11 Jul '07 14:41

Catholic Church scares me...with its bling and confessionals....isn't that just an excuse to sin!!!!!?????

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree