1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Nov '19 22:581 edit
    @caesar-salad said
    I had never heard of Witness Lee and Watchman Nee before this forum, but it has been interesting to learn a little about them.
    Nee wrote some good Christian books.

Lee took those teachings and created his own version of it, created a dogma and the Local Church Group of which sonship is an ardent follower.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Nov '19 23:563 edits
    @divegeester

Some who sat under Nee's ministry would say that this is "white washing the tombs of the prophets."

You should know that when Watchman Nee was alive, missionary societies opposed him very much. NOW, you come along saying things like "Oh, how good a man of God he was."

I don't trust your feigned belated appreciation as far as I can throw a house.

This is just like those in Matthew 23:29,30.

"Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you build up the graves of the prophets and adorn the tombs of the righteous. And say, If we had been there in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets."

Lee took those teachings and created his own version of it, created a dogma and the Local Church Group of which sonship is an ardent follower.

White washing the tombs of the prophets !

I could paste up here PAGES after PAGES of Watchman Nee messages which you would just as much call cultish and wrong dogma.

"Oh, had I been there in the days Watchman Nee ministered, of course I would have shown such welcome and appreciation to books like The Normal Christian Church Life and Further Talks on the Church Life" - Messages hated by Western missionaries circulating suspicious gossip exactly as you do here. .
  3. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    01 Dec '19 00:181 edit
    @divegeester said

Well, one man's cult is another man's beneficial influence.

For instance, Nichiren Buddhism seems a little too cult-like for my taste (especially from some of the reports of former members), but Herbie Hancock seems to have found it beneficial.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Dec '19 01:02
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

Some who sat under Nee's ministry would say that this is "white washing the tombs of the prophets."

You should know that when Watchman Nee was alive, missionary societies opposed him very much. NOW, you come along saying things like "Oh, how good a man of God he was."

I don't trust your feigned belated appreciation as far as I can throw a house.
    Well first of all I didn’t say what you are claiming I said, you even have what I said quoted in your post and you still completely misquote me. What are you a moron?

Secondly I wasn’t speaking to you so why do you feel compelled to tell me what you do or don’t believe about me?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Dec '19 01:03
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

I don't trust your feig ...[text shortened]... essages hated by Western missionaries circulating suspicious gossip exactly as you do here. .
    Lee formed a cult, Nee didn’t.

Simple.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Dec '19 01:162 edits
    @divegeester

Simple.

Its simple alright. Watch how simple it is.

Which book by Watchman Nee did you read through at least 80% to the last page ?
  7. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    01 Dec '19 01:21
    I could go for some mélange right about now.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Dec '19 17:52
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

Simple.

Its simple alright. Watch how simple it is.

Which book by Watchman Nee did you read through at least 80% to the last page ?
    Why do you ask?

And if I name one what will you do with the information?

There are at least 2 by the way.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Dec '19 17:53
    @caesar-salad said
    I could go for some mélange right about now.
    Take Whodey with you for an exchange of ideas on how to be glib.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Dec '19 20:362 edits
    @divegeester

Are you bluffing me or did you take the time to quickly read through something?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Dec '19 22:481 edit
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

Are you bluffing me or did you take the time to quickly read through something?
    I’ve read at least two of watchman nee’s books.
    Some years ago.

What’s your problem?
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Dec '19 01:23
    @divegeester

What’s your problem?

The only problem is believing you when it appears like evasion.
    The question was WHICH book by Watchman Nee have you read 80% to the last page.

I still don't see a name.
    Did you think I would shrug at your generalities and assume you read Nee?

The problem with telling me WHICH book/s is ___________? (80% to the last page)
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Dec '19 06:382 edits
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

What’s your problem?

The only problem is believing you when it appears like evasion.
    The question was WHICH book by Watchman Nee have you read 80% to the last page.

I still don't see a name.
    Did you think I would shrug at your generalities and assume you read Nee?

The problem with telling me WHICH book/s is ___________? (80% to the last page)
    What has me giving you the titles of 2 books I have read got to do with anything about you being a member of the Lee cult?

How will me giving you the names of these books be in anyway evidence that I have actually read them?

Why do you even want to know if I’ve read any of Nee’s books?
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Dec '19 12:017 edits
    @divegeester

What has me giving you the titles of 2 books I have read got to do with anything about you being a member of the Lee cult?

It has to do with, just because you say "cult. cult, cult" doesn't mean anything. Especially, your "say so" is worthless when you are unfamiliar with what Watchman Nee spoke and accomplish and HOW he was similarly criticized.

In fact that is one reason why the Communists put him in prison for 20 years. They accused him of tax evasion and attempted to force all the co-workers loyal to him to renounce him. Essentially, the Communists denounced Watchman Nee as some kind of counter-revolutionary cult hero.

And the Western missionaries who could not stand the thought that Christian ministers from the West had something to learn from this young Chinese native whom God had secured for Himself, condemned him.

No missionaries invited him to speak. Why? Because of essentially the gossip you have embedded and regurgitate mindlessly here - he was starting a cult.

The Brethren assemblies invited him to join them. But he educated them that there should only be a city wide assembly - a city wide church. The Brethren did start to see the errors of denominationalism. However they carried over the practice of having more than one church per city.

So Watchman Nee in good conscience could not join the Brethren.
    Witness Lee met with the Brethren for seven years. He eventually saw the light and became Nee's closest colleague in the Lord's recovery moving in China.

Before they shut up Watchman Nee in prison, Nee insisted that Witness Lee LEAVE China mainland. Witness did not want to. He wanted to remain there to be martyred along with his senior worker and the other co-workers. But Nee told him that it was possible that what God had shown them would be lost completely under the Communist revolution. He said if Witness left China they would still have something should the Communist wipe out completely the local churches.

So Watchman Nee and other co-workers following his leadership, urged Witness Lee to leave the mainland. He went to Taiwan. And God kept blessing the light filled ministry. Eventually, God brought him to the USA.

How will me giving you the names of these books be in anyway evidence that I have actually read them?

It is not. But it could be evidence that you have not. And that may be the reason why you are reluctant to forward the information.

So "cult, cult, cult" you continue to write as if your mere "say so" carries some weight.

Plus, your definition of cult when I asked was non-applicable. As I showed that appreciation is not veneration.

But you're stubborn and want to cling to the accusation that appreciation of Witness Lee is veneration and bestowing Catholic like "sainthood" on Lee.

One more petty little grumbler will not halt the Lord's moving. So do your best.

Why do you even want to know if I’ve read any of Nee’s books?

Why do you want to evade the matter if you're so sure you know all about it ... Ie. "Nee didn't start a cult but Lee did."

I assume then your reluctance is your evasion and attempt to not be exposed. That is exposed as to how ignorant you actually are of the history and content of the ministry of these two men.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Dec '19 12:05
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

It has to do with, just because you say "cult. cult, cult" doesn't mean anything. Especially, your "say so" is worthless when you are unfamiliar with what Watchman Nee spoke and accomplish and HOW he was similarly criti ...[text shortened]... sed as to how ignorant you actually are of the history and content of the ministry of these two men.
    What has all this got to do with whether or not I've read "80%" of a Nee book?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree