1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    31 Jan '17 01:25
    Perhaps Global Warning will help as more and more land comes available for cultivation while rhe earth greens.

Let me guess, you believe everyone should get a vaccination.
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    31 Jan '17 01:26
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Given that developed countries have below replacement reproduction, if we were all to get to that stage and not make any other changes such as significant improvements to how long we live, then the worlds population will start to fall, and fall quite dramatically. At some point we will start worrying about how to keep the human race going.
    Then there cou ...[text shortened]... production. I foresee dramatic changes in the times ahead but have no idea which way it will go.
    "At some point we will start worrying about how to keep the human race going"

I think we are at that point now
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    31 Jan '17 01:381 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    "At some point we will start worrying about how to keep the human race going"

I think we are at that point now
    We could save our budget and the human race at the same time.....

Do away with all forms of welfare health care as well as health insurance.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    31 Jan '17 02:23
    Wait, did someone say great population growth in Africa?

How can that be? No national health care for all.

That can't be right.
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    31 Jan '17 07:311 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I am not sure I trust the data on population, although I have no corroborative evidence for not doing so.
    Look up YouTube videos by Hans Rosling.

It just seems counter-intuitive.
    In what ways? In the block of flats I live in, most families have one or two children. There was one family that moved out that had four children, but that is the largest family I have seen in quite some time. In my own family, there are the same number of people in the next generation as in my generation, and we all had less children than my parents did. But my parents had an unusually large number of children and they came from families of two and three children.

What are the averages where you live? Don't forget to count people who don't have any children.
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    31 Jan '17 07:34
    Agreed, but I reckon only for 14 billion.
    On what basis do you make that claim?

The reality is that the resources we use has very little to do with how many we are and everything to do with how much each person uses. Currently the average american uses more than ten times the resources of the average African.

What happens after that?
    The population will not go over 12 billion.

Remember there is another 2 billion on the way by 2050
    But do you know why?
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    31 Jan '17 07:38
    Wrong documentaries? really?
    Yes. Really. You are badly misinformed and I can prove it.

have you seen the population curve currently?
    Yes.

Which countries do you think will get there populations down enough to make that curve dip to 11 bil instead of 13 or 14?
    All countries.

Currently, China and Bangladesh already have falling populations in terms of reproduction rates. I am not certain about India but it will soon follow. Practically all developed nations have below replacement reproduction rates.
    The only country you need to watch is Nigeria.

Please, watch all videos you can find by Hans Rosling, then get back to me.
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    31 Jan '17 07:43
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Wait, did someone say great population growth in Africa?

How can that be? No national health care for all.

That can't be right.
    I grew up in Zambia, and yes, we had national healthcare for all and yes we had great population growth in the past. At present it is about 3% per annum.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    31 Jan '17 10:44
    I grew up in Zambia, and yes, we had national healthcare for all and yes we had great population growth in the past. At present it is about 3% per annum.
    How many countries in Africa have national health care?

Do these countrirs acvount for the populatiin growth?
  10. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    31 Jan '17 10:54
    Originally posted by apathist
    When we use up non renewable resources as we foul the air and water, that's not a bad thing?

Forcing women to have no control over what grows in their body, that's not a bad thing?
    So to you a fellow human is just someone who uses up non renewable resources and fouls the air and water?

At least you are being consistent in your thinking, if life has no intrinsic value we can just destroy it.
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    31 Jan '17 11:14
    How many countries in Africa have national health care?
    I don't know, but quite a lot of them do.

Do these countrirs acvount for the populatiin growth?
    The greatest population growth is in countries where there is conflict or high child mortality. It sounds contradictory, but the fact is that if people think their children will die they have more to compensate.
    Other significant factors include availability of contraception and education for girls. Interference Catholics and by US based fundamentalist Christians has in some countries reduced availability of contraceptives which increases population growth.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    31 Jan '17 12:08
    I don't know, but quite a lot of them do.

[b]Do these countrirs acvount for the populatiin growth?

The greatest population growth is in countries where there is conflict or high child mortality. It sounds contradictory, but the fact is that if people think their children will die they have more to compensate.
    Other significant factors include ava ...[text shortened]... has in some countries reduced availability of contraceptives which increases population growth.[/b]
    If we take population growth as a measure of societal health, then socialized medicine fails due to human nature.
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    31 Jan '17 13:002 edits
    If we take population growth as a measure of societal health, then socialized medicine fails due to human nature.
    Can you say that again in English this time?

Here's what I heard: "I hate Obama care so I am going to say something really cryptic that seems to blame health care systems in Africa for something bad".
    My guess is that a few posts ago you thought that most African countries did not have healthcare and when you realised you were wrong you tried to find some other way to criticise health care systems.
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    31 Jan '17 13:13
    Can you say that again in English this time?

Here's what I heard: "I hate Obama care so I am going to say something really cryptic that seems to blame health care systems in Africa for something bad".
    My guess is that a few posts ago you thought that most African countries did not have healthcare and when you realised you were wrong you tried to find some other way to criticise health care systems.
    I can't control how you twist my words.
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    31 Jan '17 13:21
    I can't control how you twist my words.
    You can at least clarify your words. What is it you were really trying to say. I asked for clarification. It seems you do not wish to be forth coming. My guess is that I was right that you deliberately obfuscated them because you knew you were talking nonsense.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree