world population

world population

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E

Moves
01 Feb 17

Originally posted by twhitehead
Is that a yes you don't go to the doctor, or a dodge?

And what is evil about the topic of the thread?
The evil topic of this thread is trying to control human population growth.

Have I ever seen a doctor? Of course, but only a handful of times.

Cape Town

Moves
01 Feb 17

Originally posted by Eladar
Why is that evil?

Have I ever seen a doctor? Of course, but only a handful of times.
So you don't believe in 'natural' population control when it comes to yourself, only when it comes to Africans?

Cape Town

Moves
01 Feb 17

If I understood your earlier post correctly, you support controlling human population growth by denying people basic health care. In my mind that makes you doubly evil.

O

Moves
01 Feb 17

In some places yes. But mostly, no. Or rather population is a factor but not the only one.
What other factors had you in mind?

Cape Town

Moves
01 Feb 17

Originally posted by OdBod
What other factors had you in mind?
Politics, priorities and consumption choices.

Take population density for example. Cities are very efficient relative to suburbs and spread out living. But politics and social factors often results in people spreading out (at great cost in terms of resources). In my home town of Livingstone, the city council actively encourages city growth because there is corruption involved in dishing out new plots. In fact, suburban growth globally is largely a result of the obvious fact that grabbing new unused land seems easier and cheaper than building higher and more compactly in city centres. It has a short term savings at a long term cost. In fact almost all building practices fall into this trap because the builder is separate from the person that owns the property after 10 years. It is a fact that building greener, more energy efficient buildings is cost effective over many years. But it doesn't happen because it is the sticker price on building completion that matters.

Another example: In Zambia there is a tradition of burning the bush every dry season. This not only releases large amounts of CO2, but causes untold environmental damage. Yet the practice continues because a) it is tradition, and people do stuff without thinking if it is tradition and b) because it is easy to start a fire (and kind of fun too! ) , so you only need one person in a thousand to think burning stuff is good and it will happen.

E

Moves
01 Feb 17

If I understood your earlier post correctly, you support controlling human population growth by denying people basic health care. In my mind that makes you doubly evil.
I was offering a less evil option. If you want to control population, then do it naturally not by manipulating.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
01 Feb 17

Deporting them?

We should deport them out of principle.

Large cities are the population control centers.
"‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.” Mark12:31

So you don't get your principles from the bible, hey?

Cape Town

Moves
01 Feb 17

I was offering a less evil option. If you want to control population, then do it naturally not by manipulating.
Yes, I agree that denying people healthcare is less evil than nuking them (something you known for advocating).
But as far as I know, not one single person in this thread actually advocated killing anyone.
That makes you the most evil poster so far in this thread.
Of course if you really want to forcibly control population then the least evil option is birth control.

E

Moves
01 Feb 17

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
"‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.” Mark12:31

So you don't get your principles from the bible, hey?
Typical libtard.

E

Moves
01 Feb 17

Yes, I agree that denying people healthcare is less evil than nuking them (something you known for advocating).
But as far as I know, not one single person in this thread actually advocated killing anyone.
That makes you the most evil poster so far in this thread.
Of course if you really want to forcibly control population then the least evil option is birth control.
War is an ugly thing.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
01 Feb 17

Typical libtard.
Typical non bible following Eladar.

w

Moves
01 Feb 17

Well I've read enough here.

So who is gonna become king and tell people how many children they can have or are we all here just to whine about global population?

Cape Town

Moves
02 Feb 17

Originally posted by whodey
Well I've read enough here.
Which is apparently just one or two posts.

So who is gonna become king and tell people how many children they can have or are we all here just to whine about global population?
You would know if you had bothered to read the thread.

Cape Town

Moves
02 Feb 17

War is an ugly thing.
Well I am not at war with Africans. Are you?

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
02 Feb 17

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Typical non bible following Eladar.
Is that the pot calling the kettle black?