1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Feb '18 04:00
    In other words, a Christian’s “good works,” because they are directed by God’s Holy Spirit to accomplish God’s purposes and will, are different than a non-Christian’s “good works,” which are not directed by God and presumably do not have the effect of accomplishing His will and purposes.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Feb '18 04:02
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    I would be loathe to characterize any good works done by a Christian as “filthy rags” particularly if the Christian was strong in his or her faith because such good works would be at the direction of God’s Holy Spirit, which indwells every Christian believer, and would be accomplishing God’s purposes.
    I haven't suggested this. I haven't asked you about this. This is a red herring. Just engage what I am saying. There is no need for you to mention things you haven't said, or suggest that I have said you've said them, and then address them. Just address what I am putting to you.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Feb '18 04:04
    In other words, a Christian’s “good works,” because they are directed by God’s Holy Spirit to accomplish God’s purposes and will, are different than a non-Christian’s “good works,” which are not directed by God and presumably do not have the effect of accomplishing His will and purposes.
    OK so...

[1] You believe that 'good works' done by a Christian have some meaning to your god figure and are a manifestation of your Christian faith. True or false?

[2] Meanwhile you believe a non-Christians' 'good works' are like "filthy rags" to your god figure, right. True or false?
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Feb '18 04:09
    Originally posted by @fmf
    I haven't suggested this. I haven't asked you about this. This is a red herring. Just engage what I am saying. There is no need for you to mention things you haven't said, or suggest that I have said you've said them, and then address them. Just address what I am putting to you.
    I did address it. But you can’t understand it because of what’s written in 1 Corinthians 2:14.

“But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.“
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Feb '18 04:14
    I did address it. But you can’t understand it because of what’s written in 1 Corinthians 2:14.
    You said: "I would be loathe to characterize any good works done by a Christian as “filthy rags”

No one has suggested that this is what you believe. I am asking you to address the implications of what you believe as I have laid them out.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Feb '18 04:15
    OK so...

[1] You believe that 'good works' done by a Christian have some meaning to your god figure and are a manifestation of your Christian faith. True or false?

[2] Meanwhile you believe a non-Christians' 'good works' are like "filthy rags" to your god figure, right. True or false?
    1) Why not just read what I wrote previously instead of trying to play prosecutor interrogating a witness? I already answered this - and less than five minutes ago! Objection, your honor!

2) I wouldn’t presume to know how God views a non-Christian’s good works. All I know is in Isaiah, it is written that God views disobedient people’s good works as filthy rags. That sentiment may appear elsewhere in the Bible as well but I can’t recall the book right now.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Feb '18 04:17
    You said: "I would be loathe to characterize any good works done by a Christian as “filthy rags”

No one has suggested that this is what you believe. I am asking you to address the implications of what you believe as I have laid them out.
    And I have. You’re either not getting the answers you want or can’t remember the answers for more than 10 minutes. Either way, this is becoming a bit boring.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Feb '18 04:44
    I wouldn’t presume to know how God views a non-Christian’s good works.
    Didn't you refer to them as "dirty rags" or is that a Christian's 'good works' too? If so, is you looking after your mother just "dirty rags"?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Feb '18 04:51
    Didn't you refer to them as "dirty rags" or is that a Christian's 'good works' too? If so, is you looking after your mother just "dirty rags"?
    LOL

You must be trolling.

But that memory patch is a good thing to keep in mind. Better yet, write it down.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Feb '18 04:55
    LOL

You must be trolling.

But that memory patch is a good thing to keep in mind. Better yet, write it down.
    You are deflecting.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Feb '18 05:18
    You are deflecting.
    Yeah, you’re right. Not wanting to answer a question for the 100th time, knowing it will be asked at least another 25 times, is definitely deflecting. Can’t put anything past you.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Feb '18 05:21
    Yeah, you’re right. Not wanting to answer a question for the 100th time, knowing it will be asked at least another 25 times, is definitely deflecting. Can’t put anything past you.
    I'm am confronting you with the meaning of what you are saying by tying together things you have said in different posts and on different threads. You don't like how it sounds. So you deflect.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Feb '18 05:27
    I'm am confronting you with the meaning of what you are saying by tying together things you have said in different posts and on different threads. You don't like how it sounds. So you deflect.
    If you’re really doing that, you’re much more bored than I thought. Either that, or you’re obsessed with me.

But I’m not worried either way because I’m consistent in what I say. I just don’t like answering the same questions, worded slightly differently, 50 times.

If you’re trying to woo me, consider a box of chocolates instead.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Feb '18 05:40
    If you’re really doing that, you’re much more bored than I thought. Either that, or you’re obsessed with me.

But I’m not worried either way because I’m consistent in what I say. I just don’t like answering the same questions, worded slightly differently, 50 times.

If you’re trying to woo me, consider a box of chocolates instead.
    Why do you post this kind of thing?
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Feb '18 06:09
    Why do you post this kind of thing?
    I don’t know. Why do you ask the same questions 50 times? I’m not the only one who’s noticed and called you out on it.

Do you not read the replies? Or do you hope by asking the same question in a slightly different way that you’ll get a different answer that you can then use to claim the person you’re debating is inconsistent or contradicted himself?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree