Worse things than disbelief?

Worse things than disbelief?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Feb 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @fmf
More off-topic banter. Our conversation about the Timothy quote went pear shaped for you. Page after page of banter, no "substance" from you.
I answered all your questions on Timothy but then you started complaining about my excerpting some long-winded post of yours, as if I had set fire to an original copy of the Gettysburg Address.

But let’s argue for the next six weeks about my excerpting one of your posts. You can ask the same questions 1,000 times and I’ll look into getting you a crate of memory patches that you can stick all over yourself.

F

Moves
07 Feb 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
I answered all your questions on Timothy but then you started complaining about my excerpting some long-winded post of yours, as if I had set fire to an original copy of the Gettysburg Address.

But let’s argue for the next six weeks about my excerpting one of your posts. You can ask the same questions 1,000 times and I’ll look into getting you a crate of memory patches that you can stick all over yourself.
More 'banter'.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Feb 18

Originally posted by @rajk999
Practice saying this, you might need it :

..Lord, when saw we thee an hungred,
or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick,
or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
This would be good to memorize, if you’re so inclined. It’s probably the most well-known prophecy of Jesus Christ’s arrival on earth and was written about 700 years beforehand.

“Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the Lord revealed?

For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.

He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.

And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.

Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.“

(Isaiah 53)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Feb 18

More 'banter'.
Just responding to your complaints that I excerpted one of your posts. I simply quoted the part I thought deserved a response.

I didn’t expect you to blow a gasket over it.

F

Moves
07 Feb 18

Just responding to your complaints that I excerpted one of your posts. I simply quoted the part I thought deserved a response.
And in so doing tried to dodge the content of my post. Called you out. Just ignore stuff you don't care for. Your banter is weak.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
07 Feb 18

This would be good to memorize, if you’re so inclined. It’s probably the most well-known prophecy of Jesus Christ’s arrival on earth and was written about 700 years beforehand.

“Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the Lord revealed?

For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no ...[text shortened]... ssors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.“

(Isaiah 53)
I bet the Scribes and Pharisees, Priests and Levites know that passage by heart as well... just like you. But the Good Samaritan does not know the passage, but only knows right from wrong. He is compassionate and unselfish. It is the Good Samaritan types who will enter the Kingdom of God.

You dont even know what good works are, how can you possibly do it. The church has messed up your mind and told you that looking after your mother who brought you into this world, cared for you and attended to your needs, that that is good works. Looking after your mother is the very least that you can do in return for what she did. You are repaying your debt to her and that is not good works.

You need to get away from your church and start reading what Jesus said.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Feb 18

And in so doing tried to dodge the content of my post. Called you out. Just ignore stuff you don't care for. Your banter is weak.
That 175-word run-on sentence in one of your posts to Becker was a thing of beauty. Write me one of those and I promise not to excerpt it.

This post here that I’m responding to is what’s weak - just short, staccato sentences that are more worthy of a picture book for grade schoolers.

I know you can do better!

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Feb 18

I bet the Scribes and Pharisees, Priests and Levites know that passage by heart as well... just like you. But the Good Samaritan does not know the passage, but only knows right from wrong. He is compassionate and unselfish. It is the Good Samaritan types who will enter the Kingdom of God.

You dont even know what good works are, how can you possibly do ...[text shortened]... t is not good works.

You need to get away from your church and start reading what Jesus said.
What are some of your good works? Since you believe so strongly (and wrongly) in them for salvation, you must have good works coming out of your ears.

Is trolling on the Internet a good work? How about condemning fellow Christians who don’t share your (false) works-based salvation? I’d say those are evidence of someone who is living after the flesh and not in the Spirit.

What say you, amigo?

F

Moves
07 Feb 18

That 175-word run-on sentence in one of your posts to Becker was a thing of beauty. Write me one of those and I promise not to excerpt it.

This post here that I’m responding to is what’s weak - just short, staccato sentences that are more worthy of a picture book for grade schoolers.

I know you can do better!
Puerile banter.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Feb 18
4 edits

Originally posted by @divegeester
OK I acknowledge that there is a mention of "age" at least once. But it really is just referring to this life and the next. The 1000 years is not an "age".
It actually mentions successive ages [plural].
"... this age ... also in that which is to come" (Eph. 1:21)

Don't you think then it is acceptable to understand that the Scripture means after "this age" there follows another age "to come"?

Christ says He will be with His people "until the consummation of the age" (Matt. 28:20)

After the consummation of that age there commences another age. In fact Hebrews 6:5 speaks of the believers in the church age tasting the powers of the coming age.

"And have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the coming age." (Heb. 6:5)

It is perfectly acceptable to think the Bible speaks of multiple ages. Multiples ages is mentioned here:

"That He might display in the ages [plural] to come the surpassing riches of His grace in kindness in Christ Jesus." (Eph. 2:7)

And so also here:
"... the proclamation of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery,

which has been kept in silence in the times of the ages
[plural] but has now been manifested ..." (Rom. 16:25,26a)

I could offer you more evidence of successive ages.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
07 Feb 18
1 edit

What are some of your good works? Since you believe so strongly (and wrongly) in them for salvation, you must have good works coming out of your ears.

Is trolling on the Internet a good work? How about condemning fellow Christians who don’t share your (false) works-based salvation? I’d say those are evidence of someone who is living after the flesh and not in the Spirit.

What say you, amigo?
I do not offer information about my works. Jesus will judge me on that. Neither do I ask anyone about their good works. You offered information about your good works and thereafter it is in the public domain for all the read and discuss. Ok ... amigo ?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Feb 18
1 edit

I dont not offer information about my works. Jesus will judge me on that. Neither do I ask anyone about their good works. You offered information about your good works and thereafter it is in the public domain for all the read and discuss. Ok ... amigo ?
Sounds like a cop out, amigo. You boast of good works but won’t identify them? Perhaps they aren’t as good as you think?

But surely you could say if you consider trolling on the Internet and condemning fellow Christians by saying they’re going to hell are good works. If you don’t think they are, how might you better spend all the hours you’re trolling on here? Think of how many good works you could do if cut down on your judgmentalism and trolling!

F

Moves
07 Feb 18

You boast of good works but won’t identify them? Perhaps they aren’t as good as you think?
I have known Rajk999 for a decade or more he has never ever boasted about good works not even once. He is talking about the theology.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Feb 18

I have known Rajk999 for a decade or more he has never ever boasted about good works not even once. He is talking about the theology.
He is claiming he is saved because of his good works, is he not?

But he doesn’t know how many good works God wants people to perform to obtain salvation, which is just one reason why his works-based salvation is so silly. He also can’t explain the thief on the cross obtaining salvation simply by expressing faith in Christ, what Christ meant in John 8:24, what Christ meant when He said one had to be “born again” to see the Kingdom of God, what Christ was referring to when He spoke of a “New Covenant,” etc.

It’d be the height of irony if he fell one good work short of obtaining salvation because he was spending too much time on the Internet trolling and condemning other Christians to hell.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
07 Feb 18

He is claiming he is saved because of his good works, is he not?

But he doesn’t know how many good works God wants people to perform to obtain salvation, which is just one reason why his works-based salvation is so silly. He also can’t explain the thief on the cross obtaining salvation simply by expressing faith in Christ, what Christ meant in John 8: ...[text shortened]... he was spending too much time on the Internet trolling and condemning other Christians to hell.
I made no such claim. If you can find such a claim please post it.