Worse things than disbelief?

Worse things than disbelief?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S. Korea

Moves
08 Feb 18

Originally posted by @fmf
I mean your highly personalized scornful nothing-to-do-with-the-topic rants which are neither here nor there and which sometimes seem to make up 80-90% of what you post.
Come on, guys, the Forum doesn't need personal attacks. Let's just relax and work this out like adults and try to just be polite. We are all friends here.

F

Moves
08 Feb 18

Originally posted by @jacob-verville
Come on, guys, the Forum doesn't need personal attacks.
Read any 20 of Suzianne's posts addressed to me in 2017 and see what they contain. Read any 20 of my posts addressed to Suzianne's in 2017 and see me trying to ignore the scornful diatribes and focus on the thread topic. Do it and stop pretending you have the knowledge you need to be an honest broker.

S. Korea

Moves
08 Feb 18

Yeah man, maybe that is the case.

But let's try to just simmer down.

S. Korea

Moves
08 Feb 18

The easiest way to answer this question is by thinking of the impact of a murder or a rape versus that of a man who simply, personally, does not believe. Obviously, there are far things worse than the act of disbelief.

However, it is worth noting that salvation does not come through moralism but comes through faith in Christ who will wipe away the sins for which we have a true repentance. So we cannot underestimate the importance of Faith. Faith is a type of Grace that God gives us.

So, while there are definitely so many things that impact us with worse results than disbelief... on a personal level, your own disbelief of God will have a massive and disastrous impact for your, potentially, so you should be very cognizant of that.

I think it is a very valid question and I hate to give a slimy answer that isn't a voluptuous, juicy assertion of "DiSbeLieF is DA woRsT!" but we have to thorough and moderate.

But...

Plot Twist: Disbelief and faithlessness are also at the heart of wrong actions.

F

Moves
08 Feb 18

Yeah man, maybe that is the case.

But let's try to just simmer down.
See my first post of page 29 of Thread 175773.

You have hit the ground running as, among other things, a smarmy, hapless hypocrite.

S. Korea

Moves
08 Feb 18

Oh geez, I certainly hope that isn't the case. I dispute that I ever intended to apply those things directly to your person. In fact, I think I remember denying that it was personal at all, but rather characterized a certain dubious-ness that was in the style of posting. Something that we still see a bit, if I be honest.

I understand I am sometimes hypocritical. do forgive me. Please.

I will minimize this stuff but we should all make an effort to post honestly and avoid ad hominem.

I cannot guarantee even that I can avoid it but I know that I would do better at avoiding it if the environment was one where it was unthinkable.

F

Moves
08 Feb 18

I dispute that I ever intended to apply those things directly to your person. In fact, I think I remember denying that it was personal at all, but rather characterized a certain dubious-ness that was in the style of posting.
As I said, you have hit the ground running as, among other things, a smarmy, hapless hypocrite. I will add the words mealy-mouthed.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
08 Feb 18

Read any 20 of Suzianne's posts addressed to me in 2017 and see what they contain. Read any 20 of my posts addressed to Suzianne's in 2017 and see me trying to ignore the scornful diatribes and focus on the thread topic. Do it and stop pretending you have the knowledge you need to be an honest broker.
And then he can go back another five years and try not to come to the same conclusions about you as I did.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
08 Feb 18

As I said, you have hit the ground running as, among other things, a smarmy, hapless hypocrite. I will add the words mealy-mouthed.
Well, now, that's perfectly on-topic, isn't it?

F

Moves
08 Feb 18

Originally posted by @suzianne
And then he can go back another five years and try not to come to the same conclusions about you as I did.
I know you disagree with me about things. I wish you would talk about the disagreements instead of posting the way you do.

F

Moves
08 Feb 18
1 edit

Well, now, that's perfectly on-topic, isn't it?
He told me to simmer down even while he is still running away from his words on Thread 175773. 80-90% of my posts on this thread have been directly or indirectly about the OP. Jacob-Verville has chosen to step in - not to address any point I have made about caring for relatives, good works, the obligations of Christians, the meaning of "righteous", or the meaning of 1 Timothy 5:8, but instead to reprimand me for responding to one of your silly tirades. Where's your 80-90% of-your-posts on 1 Timothy 5:8 ?

S. Korea

Moves
08 Feb 18

May we both learn to build one another up and not tear one another down.

In good time!

Life is hard enough without enmity.

F

Moves
08 Feb 18
1 edit

May we both learn to build one another up and not tear one another down.
Well, you won't find me trying to bash you around the head with any of your Alex Jones-type generic straw men and borrowing from his kind of invective. 😉

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Feb 18

No, you just plow ahead, judging them, assuming they have none.
This is spot-on.

And when asked to identify his “good works,” he refuses.

When asked to explain Jesus Christ’s own words that speak of salvation through faith in Him, he refuses and trots out the sheep and goats parable and condemns other Christians to hell while he self-righteously puffs out his chest over his “good works.”

F

Moves
08 Feb 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
And when asked to identify his “good works,” [Rajk999] refuses.
Do you think there is any onus on Rajk999 to do so? Can't he talk about the theology without giving personal details from his life?