Worse things than disbelief?

Worse things than disbelief?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Feb 18

Originally posted by @rajk999
My comments are really for others to read, hopefully learn as well. You are a soul lost in false doctrines.
You’re so quick to judge other people and condemn them. Do you really think you have the love of Christ in you?

This is the problem with people who believe in the false doctrine of salvation by good works. Their focus is on themselves instead of on Christ and they’re relying on their own “righteousness” for salvation instead of Christ’s righteousness.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Feb 18

Originally posted by @fmf
Do you think there is any onus on Rajk999 to do so? Can't he talk about the theology without giving personal details from his life?
Since he emphasizes “good works” so much and believes in the false doctrine of salvation by works, one would think he would be eager to demonstrate what good works are, how many one should do a day and so on.

But he’d only do that if he were interested in other people being saved (according to his false doctrine) and not puffing out his chest and strutting around the forums.

F

Moves
08 Feb 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
Since he emphasizes “good works” so much and believes in the false doctrine of salvation by works, one would think he would be eager to demonstrate what good works are, how many one should do a day and so on.
Do you? I disagree. He quotes what Jesus said about what good works his followers should do. Isn't that enough? The thing you then said about "...how many [good works] one should do a day and so on" is presumably a facetious comment. Rajk999 doesn't propose anything like that but you seem to think you can attribute or attach the need for that kind of thinking to the theology hi puts forward.

F

Moves
08 Feb 18

But he’d only do that if he were interested in other people being saved (according to his false doctrine) and not puffing out his chest and strutting around the forums.
"...puffing out his chest and strutting around..."

You are seeking to highlight some kind of personal flaw - that you think taints the content of his posts - that you perceive?

S. Korea

Moves
08 Feb 18

Well, you won't find me trying to bash you around the head with any of your Alex Jones-type generic straw men and borrowing from his kind of invective. 😉
Thanks!

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Feb 18

Do you? I disagree. He quotes what Jesus said about what good works his followers should do. Isn't that enough? The thing you then said about "...how many [good works] one should do a day and so on" is presumably a facetious comment. Rajk999 doesn't propose anything like that but you seem to think you can attribute or attach the need for that kind of thinking to the theology hi puts forward.
He is saying salvation is by good works and people who don’t believe that false doctrine are going to hell. But he doesn’t know how many good works one must do to be saved and that would seem important since he is claiming salvation is by good works.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Feb 18

"...puffing out his chest and strutting around..."

You are seeking to highlight some kind of personal flaw - that you think taints the content of his posts - that you perceive?
The content of his posts is tainted by false doctrine. The snippet of my post you excerpted reflects his behavior that is borne from that false doctrine (judgmentalism and saying other Christians are going to hell for not believing in the false doctrine of salvation by good works.)

F

Moves
08 Feb 18
2 edits

He is saying salvation is by good works and people who don’t believe that false doctrine are going to hell. But he doesn’t know how many good works one must do to be saved and that would seem important since he is claiming salvation is by good works.
But he doesn’t know how many good works one must do to be saved and that would seem important since he is claiming salvation is by good works.

Aren't you projecting this it must be important to know how many good works one must do onto him and what he is saying?

Isn't it a notion that you are introducing - not him - and isn't it you who is insisting that he must tell you "how many" - not him?

Why can't good works be a matter for your god figure, for your god figure's ability to see into your heart, and then be an issue decided by your god figure at the "judgment"?

Why must anyone necessarily superimpose onto all this your notion of "how many" this or "how many" that?

F

Moves
08 Feb 18

The content of his posts is tainted by false doctrine. The snippet of my post you excerpted reflects his behavior that is borne from that false doctrine (judgmentalism and saying other Christians are going to hell for not believing in the false doctrine of salvation by good works.)
So what does your comment about him supposedly puffing out his chest and strutting around have to do with you disagreeing with him over doctrine? You seem to rely very heavily on trying to draw attention to what you see as personal shortcomings in people you disagree with. As a matter of interest, what personal shortcomings in you yourself do you think you have demonstrated in the few days since you turned up here?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Feb 18

[b]But he doesn’t know how many good works one must do to be saved and that would seem important since he is claiming salvation is by good works.

Aren't you projecting this it must be important to know how many good works one must do onto him and what he is saying?

Isn't it a notion that you are introducing - not him - and isn't it you who is ...[text shortened]... anyone necessarily superimpose onto all this your notion of "how many" this or "how many" that?[/b]
I’ve written about this before when I asked the simple question, “Would a just God base salvation on good works without identifying how many good works one needs to do to be saved?”

Additionally, do you think God wants His creation living in a perpetual state of anxiety over whether they are saved (based on His not identifying how many good works are needed to be saved?)

Relying on a salvation by good works doctrine takes one’s focus and attention away from God and puts it on themselves - exactly where it should not be - and inevitably leads to boasting and pride by the one who subscribes to this false doctrine, as well as condemnation of other Christians.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Feb 18

So what does your comment about him supposedly puffing out his chest and strutting around have to do with you disagreeing with him over doctrine? You seem to rely very heavily on trying to draw attention to what you see as personal shortcomings in people you disagree with. As a matter of interest, what personal shortcomings in you yourself do you think you have demonstrated in the few days since you turned up here?
Good question. From least to greatest, I foolishly gave information about my personal life (not realizing the solicitor of this information was seeking ammunition) and, after being falsely attacked for being someone else who opened a duplicate account, my heart hardened against the people making that attack and I responded with attacks of my own.

F

Moves
08 Feb 18

I’ve written about this before when I asked the simple question, “Would a just God base salvation on good works without identifying how many good works one needs to do to be saved?”
And this is just projecting your objection onto what you disagree with and insisting that you must be satisfied.

Would a "just" god figure be able to "judge" the sincerity of the efforts of every human he has created by looking into those being's hearts?

Or would a "just" god figure not be able to do that?

There's a whole bit of what I put to you ~ maybe the main thing that I put to you ~ that you seem to have blanked out, choosing instead to simply repeat your objection.

F

Moves
08 Feb 18

Good question. From least to greatest, I foolishly gave information about my personal life (not realizing the solicitor of this information was seeking ammunition) and, after being falsely attacked for being someone else who opened a duplicate account, my heart hardened against the people making that attack and I responded with attacks of my own.
This is an answer to "What personal shortcomings in you yourself do you think you have demonstrated in the few days since you turned up here?"

Are you going to stop the "attacks" or is your heart "hardened" permanently?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Feb 18

[b]But he doesn’t know how many good works one must do to be saved and that would seem important since he is claiming salvation is by good works.

Isn't it a notion that you are introducing - not him - and isn't it you who is ...[text shortened]... anyone necessarily superimpose onto all this your notion of "how many" this or "how many" that?[/b]
Forgot to add...

Because you are an atheist and presumably think nothing occurs upon physical death, it would seem to be difficult for you to grasp the importance a believer places on where he or she will be in the “hereafter.” That is why I think it is so absurd, logically as well as Biblically, to think salvation is by good works for the reasons I mentioned in the previous post.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Feb 18

And this is just projecting your objection onto what you disagree with and insisting that you must be satisfied.

Would a "just" god figure be able to "judge" the sincerity of the efforts of every human he has created by looking into those being's hearts?

Or would a "just" god figure not be able to do that?

There's a whole bit of what I put to you ~ ...[text shortened]... ut to you ~ that you seem to have blanked out, choosing instead to simply repeat your objection.
You’re adding a dimension to this that the false doctrine of salvation by good works doesn’t have - God looking on the heart.

I agree God looks on and is primarily concerned with one’s heart - this is most clear, from my knowledge of the Bible, on 1 Samuel 16:7:

“But the Lord said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart.”

But if salvation is by good works, what difference does the condition of one’s heart make to God? Why, if salvation is by good works, an atheist who performs good works and doesn’t believe in God presumably would be saved if his good works’ total exceeded the unknown standard God is using.