1. PenTesting
    Moves
    31 Mar '14 15:491 edit
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    if the only information i had was that the individual was a pedophile i would still help.
    Exactly. Notice the remarks from the Christians v the Non-Christians [Im ashamed to be associated with some of them.]. A pattern is developing showing the attitude of each group. I will have some more comments to make later hopefully after more people have responded.
  2. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    31 Mar '14 16:10
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    if the only information i had was that the individual was a pedophile i would still help.
    I probably would, too. But I'd call the authorities from the hospital if I felt he'd committed a crime.
  3. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    31 Mar '14 20:44
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Luke 10:30 A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, which stripped him of his raiment, and wounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead.

What would you do ? A simple 'Yes I would' or 'No .. no way ', would suffice as an answer. If you like you can explain why you would or would not.

Telling me your own ver ...[text shortened]... the story or that I dont understand the story is a foolish comment and would be ignored. Thanks.
    Well you say they have departed; in that case, so long as I have a reasonable chance of not getting a good hiding myself, and conditional upon which of the wrongs he may have done are known to me*, I would stop to help.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    * If such a wrong was that he had just murdered my family or friends I certainly wouldn't stop to help.
  4. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    31 Mar '14 23:59
    Originally posted by sonship
    Did anyone ever think that the Good Samaritan in the parable really points to Jesus ?
    That's an amazing response I never looked at it as Jesus being the good Samaritan that's awesome what an eye-opener! Thank you for posting.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Apr '14 00:124 edits
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    That's an amazing response I never looked at it as Jesus being the good Samaritan that's awesome what an eye-opener! Thank you for posting.
    Some teachers see Jesus as the one who saved the man.

The passage from Jerusalem DOWN to Jericho, a cursed place, they say is every sinner going away from God's plan down to perdition.

The oil and the wine administered to help the wounded man, they say, represents the Holy Spirit imparted to the wounded sinner.

Leaving him in the inn, they say, represents His leaving him in the church during the age of grace.
    His repaying the inn keeper when he comes back, they say, represents Jesus rewarding the keepers of the new testament church for taking care of the sinners He saves.

Christ returns at the end of the age and rewards the good servants who cared for the saved sinners. He "repays" the caring inn keeper.

Bottom line is that there are interpreters who say that the Good Samaritan points to Jesus Christ.

If that is the case then Jesus telling the man to go and do likewise was suggesting that he could do only what the Lord Jesus could do as man's Savior. The proper analogy to the Christian is with the inn keeper taking care of those whom Jesus saves in the church until He returns.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Apr '14 00:26
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I would think certain christians would *not* help him. Because, they reason, if the man has the unluck to experience such an event, that must be Gods will, because
    (1) in His infinite Wisdom, the man has something to learn from all this.
    (2) as he is a sinner, then he deserves it.
    (3) he is a martyr and a eye opener for everyone else.

As I am not a christian, I would help him as far as I could.
    Or if certain christians thought he was gay, maybe the way he was dressed and so forth. Like the Salvation Army soup kitchen that kicked out a starving street dude because they found out he was gay.

If I see someone in the process of getting mugged, I would probably jump in with both feet, probably get myself killed but I just react, don't think about such things when I see someone in trouble.

One time on a vacation in Canada with family, drove by a semi on its side, like 20 people milling around.

I stopped and checked out the scene.

I saw a guy trapped in the drivers seat, the passenger seat on top of him, trapped him in there looking like a pretzel, and fuel dripping out the fuel tank.

The idiots watching were just staring at the truck.

I didn't even think, I started climbing up the side of the truck (it is like climbing a frigging BUILDING, it is so big) and saw if he was to get out I had to break the windshield, so I climbed up to the passenger door, got a bit inside and kicked out the window from the inside, I had enough forethought to know I shouldn't kick it in from the OUTSIDE and send glass all over the poor dude, he was already in enough trouble as it was.

So I broke out the window and pulled up the passenger seat enough so he could move and he finally wiggled his way out the window and onto the pavement.

All the while the crowd was just staring like frigging robots.

There was no thought going through my mind like, Oh this will get me into heave for sure, like what would probably be going through the mind of a christian, there was no thought at all, when I saw fuel dripping out onto hot exhaust pipe, I just jumped up and did my thing.

The guy thanked me, the crowd was still doing their robot thing, assssholes! and I left before the cops could get there and bog me down with frigging paperwork🙂
  7. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    01 Apr '14 00:35
    Originally posted by sonship
    If that is the case then Jesus telling the man to go and do likewise was suggesting that he could do only what the Lord Jesus could do as man's Savior.
    Awesome so none of us would be willing to help the guy, only Jesus!
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 Apr '14 01:24
    Awesome so none of us would be willing to help the guy, only Jesus!
    Who are you calling 'us'? Speak for yourself.
    Im guessing you are one of those that would pass and look the other way. You are like the priest and Levite that Christ condemned.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 Apr '14 01:39
    So in 24 hours we have the following :

Good Samaritans - will stop to help:
    FMF -- No religion
    Yoctobyte -- Christian
    FabianFnas -- No Religion
    Stellspalfie -- Atheist
    SwissGambit -- Athesit
    Agerg -- Atheist
    Sonhouse -- Atheist

Priests/Levites - will not stop
    FreakyKBH -- Christian
    Jaywill/Sonship -- Christian of the 'Council of God'
    RBHill -- Christian

Interesting that no atheist has come forward to say that will not help the man.
    Completely expected that one 1 in 4 Christians say that they will stop and help the man, while the other 3 will not.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Apr '14 01:431 edit
    ...Jaywill/Sonship -- Christian of the 'Council of God'...
    My word, what a rascal you are Rajk99!! 😉🙂

I recall sonship's actual [non-capitalized] turn of phrase ~ but you have now fashioned it into a rod!
  11. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    01 Apr '14 12:381 edit
    Who are you calling 'us'? Speak for yourself.
    Im guessing you are one of those that would pass and look the other way. You are like the priest and Levite that Christ condemned.
    Let's see you stop for someone in a broken down car in a third world country on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere. But there is no stray bullet for a Christian so I might as well help.
  12. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    01 Apr '14 12:402 edits

[b]Good Samaritans - will stop to help
    :
    FMF -- No religion
    Yoctobyte -- Christian
    Stellspalfie -- Atheist
    SwissGambit -- Athesit
    Agerg -- Atheist
    Sonhouse -- Atheist

FreakyKBH -- Christian
    Jaywill/Sonship -- Christian of t ...[text shortened]... that one 1 in 4 Christians say that they will stop and help the man, while the other 3 will not.[/b]
    If you notice the good Samaritan is Jesus Christ not us humans. The whole Bible points to Jesus Christ you just have to look and read and ask God to open your eyes. But for me personally no offense to anybody but it would have to depend on what he looks like. Because he could have aids or something maybe even TB. But my pastor always says there's no stray bullet for Christian so I might as well help.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Apr '14 12:401 edit
    Let's see you stop for someone in a broken down car in a third world country on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere.
    I've done it several times. And some 'Third World people' have done it for me too, several times.
  14. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    01 Apr '14 12:52

[b]Good Samaritans - will stop to help
    :
    FMF -- No religion
    Yoctobyte -- Christian
    Stellspalfie -- Atheist
    SwissGambit -- Athesit
    Agerg -- Atheist
    Sonhouse -- Atheist

FreakyKBH -- Christian
    Jaywill/Sonship -- Christian of t ...[text shortened]... that one 1 in 4 Christians say that they will stop and help the man, while the other 3 will not.[/b]
    This is precisely why even your friend finds you insufferable.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 Apr '14 12:52
    Originally posted by FMF
    I've done it several times. And some 'Third World people' have done it for me too, several times.
    You should not even bother to answer him. He is stupid beyond measure. A little investigation into my profile would tell him that I live in such a country. Trinidad and Tobago has is one of the most violent countries in the world.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree