1. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    01 Apr '14 17:49
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Well that was a nice, if yucky, thing to do๐Ÿ™‚ I think I would have tried lifting him into the toilet though! Was the guy conscious? Sounds like he must have been.

Ok, that counts for a GS act!

One thing about the GS act is the need for it happens very seldom.

I mean, like if I was walking a city street and see a girl in the act of getting raped, ...[text shortened]...
    I guess you could try to be a professional GS and go scouting but that is not my thing either๐Ÿ™‚
    The situation reminded me of Bill Murray in Groundhog Day sitting at the cafe counter, forcing more food on the homeless guy, willing him to live: you don't look beyond the act, don't act like it's anything more than what it is; the pure heartache would otherwise destroy everyone involved.
  2. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    01 Apr '14 18:082 edits
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Let's see you stop for someone in a broken down car in a third world country on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere. But there is no stray bullet for a Christian so I might as well help.
    The Point of this is that in third world contries. People fake help and attack the helpers in the middle of nowhere. That is the point of the Original post. So that is why I said that. It wasn't to tuant him. can you read my mind?
  3. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    01 Apr '14 19:411 edit
    The Point of this is that in third world contries. People fake help and attack the helpers in the middle of nowhere. That is the point of the Original post. So that is why I said that. It wasn't to tuant him. can you read my mind?
    Can you read my mind?
    Is there anything to read? ๐Ÿ˜›
  4. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    03 Apr '14 01:32
    Originally posted by sonship
    Did anyone ever think that the Good Samaritan in the parable really points to Jesus ?
    I think the good Samaritan is the way we should be'

I would stop to help.

In the good Samaritan story we see the extreme of being beaten and robbed. But there are other ways of being "beaten and robbed". Depression and loneliness are among these.

I had the great pleasure, some years ago of taking my semi tractor to the Target House, in Memphis, Tn. It is the housing for families to be with their children while the children are patients of St. Judes Hospital. (Cancer research and treatment for children)

That Saturday afternoon, I had some 80 kids and their families in the tractor doing figure eights in the back parking lot. I don't know who had more fun, the kids or i.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Apr '14 12:02
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    I think the good Samaritan is the way we should be'

I would stop to help.

In the good Samaritan story we see the extreme of being beaten and robbed. But there are other ways of being "beaten and robbed". Depression and loneliness are among these.

I had the great pleasure, some years ago of taking my semi tractor to the Target House, in Memphis, Tn. ...[text shortened]... actor doing figure eights in the back parking lot. I don't know who had more fun, the kids or i.
    Sounds like you really lifted spirits there.
  6. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    15 Apr '14 23:24
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Luke 10:30 A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, which stripped him of his raiment, and wounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead.

What would you do ? A simple 'Yes I would' or 'No .. no way ', would suffice as an answer. If you like you can explain why you would or would not.

Telling me your own ver ...[text shortened]... the story or that I dont understand the story is a foolish comment and would be ignored. Thanks.
    I met a Christian man today who was Hispanic and was telling me about Mexicans who have a bloodline of Jewish in them from 1492 a lot were murdered. He also said that Jesus is the good Samaritan because he's the one who cleans our wounds, hurts,and sins and wraps them up for us and takes care of us.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Apr '14 00:02
    I met a Christian man today who was Hispanic and was telling me about Mexicans who have a bloodline of Jewish in them from 1492 a lot were murdered. He also said that Jesus is the good Samaritan because he's the one who cleans our wounds, hurts,and sins and wraps them up for us and takes care of us.
    Jews said so!
    Well I guess it must be true then.
  8. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    16 Apr '14 01:361 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Jews said so!
    Well I guess it must be true then.
    He's actually going to get his blood tested to see if he has any Jewish blood in him. And he feels from the Lord that he's connected to the tribe of Benjamin, Levi, or Judah. He knows a Hispanic lady in Texas with the same last name as him and she's a doctor and she will do his blood he said. And Jews have a distinct type of blood Chromosome in them that you (Different from everyone else) could tell if you're born from that line. But his story about the Jews being connected to Hispanics is that one Hispanic guy he knows who's a man of God came up to him and told him that the Lord said to tell him he wants to search out his bloodline so he is doing that. And he also said because Jews are connected to Hispanics is one reason he believes that a lot of people hate the Hispanic community and the devil has a hold on that. Not knowing of course because everyone basically in the world would have no clue that Hispanics have a bloodline of the Jews. Just like some African tribes do like the queen that was married to King Solomon brought her son down to Egypt and you can find a bloodline there too from Solomon's son. He had a lot of wives too so who knows he could have sons we don't even know about that were not listed in the Bible. And they could be all over the world now.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree